Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year and a 1/2 ago my wife Barbara was diagnosed with stage 1A lung cancer. By the grace of GOD she was persistant and it was caught soon enough. In July 04 she had surgery all went well as they removed a lobe in her left lung. They got it all! Since then every 6 months she has had a x-ray and has been clean. She just had her 3rd one the first of December. Clean again. She has 1 more 6 months from now which will actually will be a CT scan. That will be 2 years clean!
I am most gracious for all your thoughts and prayers for her and us( me, my son Cole-8 & my daughter Casey- 6).
I wanted to give you all an update and say THANK YOU AGAIN!
From our family to yours-
Have a Merry Christmas!
I love my family and the GGVG family! Best Wishes- Sam

Thanks Mike & John for all the wonderful work you do here!

·
Registered
423 Posts
That's a GREAT

Christmas present Sam.......I'm glad your news is GOOD!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Sounds like Christmas 07 will be SPECIAL.

Thanks for sharing your good news with us. May this Christmas be the start of many, many, more special Christmas presents for your family. Give Thanks where thanks is due. Bill...........

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Merry Christmas Sam

Thanks for sharing the great news. :) The power of God knows no
bounds. ;) Merry Christmas to you & your family. :D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Glad to hear it...........

Thanks for the update Sam, and Merry Christmas to all your family

·
Registered
84 Posts
Merry Christmas Sam, Barbara & family. Cancer has affected everyone on the board in one way or another and glad to hear of a success story. One day at a time !!

CB <*)))>{

·
Registered
8,682 Posts
Like I said, just a matter of a couple of snips and some recoup time and all is well. Good news Bro.

·
Registered
8,682 Posts
Argghhhh, me learning this board. Above post was for 6mm Medic

But wanted to extend congratulations to Barbara et al. Hard to beat this for a Christmas miracle. Sure puts things in perspective :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Good news Sam

I hope things continue to improve.

I still haven't given up on the family history trip to Fluvana and Goochland counties----just haven't done it. Maybe we can hook up long enough to see you shoot a groundhog or two. I've forgotten what one looks like.

Merry Christmas to you and your families.

A. Weldy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Sam in VA. I am new to this forum and as i was browsing through it I saw your post and I just had to reply to say MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOUR FAMILY as I was blessed about a week ago to find out that my Daughter who is now 30 was checked for Bladder cancer and all came up clean.We all just don't stop and think just how short life can be sometimes and just to take a moment and look around and see what we have in friends and family and how important it all is. Nothing else matters. Merry christmas to everyone here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts