Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to get some extra mags for my bushy. i know nothing about the different makers, etc. who makes the best at a reasonable price? the local sportsman wharehouse has both 20 and 30 round mags for $22. primary use will be for jacks and coyotes. might get some bench time for sage rats.

any info appreciated. if i need to mail order i will, just tell me who from

thanks
andy

·
Registered
270 Posts
Midway is a great source for AR mags. I bought 10 from them a couple months ago, the price was $10 a piece on sale, no limit. These are made by Stoner, they are aluminum with green follower, good quality mags. I think their everyday price is around $15. Otherwise you can pick up mags at a gun show from anywhere between $12-20 range depending on maker, the H&K mags are supposed to be the cats meow but they are way expensive, I think around $50?

I've never had a mag related gun malfunction as far as I can remember.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Check out Brownells; they recently got a government contract for their AR mags. They make both 20 and 30-prounders. Also look around on the net, you can find NIW GI contract mags for around $10.

·
Registered
109 Posts
AR mags

A couple of gun shows ago, I purchased a couple of 20 rd. mags from Superior Arms out of Iowa for $25, if I remember correctly the 30rd. mags were the same price. They appear to be of "high quality" FWIW Russ

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
AR mag source...

I just got my copy of Dillon's "Blue Press" last night, they have new 20 and 30 round mags for $15 each. I can't remember who made them, but Dillon stands behind everything they sell pretty well... You can order on-line if you'd like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts