Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy everyone:

As I am transitioning to move back to the USA. I am looking to both expand my air rifle collection, which is already in the works for an EdGun Leyla 2.0 see photos below, plus some firearms. The planned date to get the USA drivers license Idaho / Texas is mid June, same day (in Idaho you can) order of a Keltec Sub 200 glock 9mm. Note the Leyla is AK-47 design based, so Russian built and tough as a blushish brick. (YES it will be great to exercise my rights again!)

One of the guns I want is my dad’s SKB shotgun, see photos of which I think it is below. As far as I know he still has it, if not, then he doesn’t. The shotgun probably hasn’t been used in 15 years. The number of times it has been out in the field, knowing my dad, is less than 10 times in its 25 year history, so new condition. I think my dad bought the gun when a client asked him out for a shoot, aka it was bought on a whim.

This is my retired dad and I want to give him fair market value for the gun. The shotgun I believe was originally around $700, and in the 500/600 series.

If I offer my dad $900 to a $1000 is that a fair market price for the gun?

·
Administrator
3,533 Posts
I would say your offer would be in the ball park, may be worth $1200, $1300. They were and are an excellent shotgun, I had one in 20ga.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say your offer would be in the ball park, may be worth $1200, $1300. They were and are an excellent shotgun, I had one in 20ga.
George thanks, as I said it is my dad so I will give him fair market value. I really want an over and under shotgun, and I might as well buy it from my dad. :) Also, I am planning on a Boykin Spaniel as the bird puppy/hunting buddy, easy transport / travel buddy and maybe a flat coat after I build a house in a year or two. The Boykins look like there are some great hunting lines out there, so hopefully in a few months I can get on a list with the right breeders. Moira, the breeder of my flat coated retrievers Tar and Quark taught me a couple of things about getting a good hunting dog: never buy from a breeder who rushes to sell you a dog, never buy from a breeder who breeds 3 or more breeds, never buy from a line that hasn't a reputation of contributing to the breed because just because a dog is a "AKC / CKC etc" purebred, to me that means nothing, its like owning a Ford truck, so you own a Ford and...??!!!. Also, absolutely never from a breeder who makes their living off breeding dogs.

·
Registered
8,938 Posts
Mebbe mosey over to Gunbrokers, wade through the dreamers on crack, eyeball the ones w bids etc....get expand your feel for the market.
SKB makes an eye pleasing fowling piece for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts