Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to make the one post and express some views.

Over the past few mos. Seems the board and posts has degraded to the point of none sense posts that don't pertain to anything anymore than junk posts. Things like someones daily routines in the Good morning shows that has not provided one single positive post on the subject of this forum what so ever. Guys thats what you have e-mail addresses for use up your band width on your own e-mails and quit trashing up a varmint forum. For some Grown men your garbage chatter sounds more like teenage kids chatting.
This really isn't meant to offend it's just pure none sense and down right ridiculous. be productive tell us stories of your Hunts not of some silly morning show of your daily activities or some recall on some winch. It's pretty sad that what really use to be a good place to read and see pictures of Varmint kills and the stories has down right degraded to nothing more than what some call junk mail or in this case junk posts. So in my closing until there gets to be a handle on such junk posts I will pop in on an occassion to see if it had gotten cleaned up or if Mike & John will sit back and continue to allow such activities that are childish and useless.
Those of you that has been here for a while you know what I'm saying and know that how this board use to be filled with useful info not some ones daily lifestyle on no relation to hunting Varmints. For those who may rebut my post here you are the very ones that is causing this forum to loose such popularity of what it use to be and why so many has seeked other places to read and contribute there time to posts that has some context to it of the purpose of the forum.

Maybe a suggestion for the moderators... Maybe you could start a board for such posters and call it the "Stupid Chat forum for Childish Men"

Farewell To what once was one of the greatest forums on the Net.

I hope you all have a Safe and a Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Two things:

1. I agree with you on some points. I think that with the new board format there should be an "Anything Else" forum for the round-table and campfire type discussion, and a "varmint forum" that is for the hunting/shooting side of things.

2. Grow a set of balls and post under your real name. Childesh man.

·
Registered
242 Posts
A good analogy I read somewhere

is that internet boards are somewhat like radios. They both
have 2 controls: on/off, and frequency select. Unfortunately not all posts will be of interest to everybody,
but there are tools available to let each of us avoid those
which aren't. Since you're already hooked up to the new
version of varminthunters, hopefully you'll stick around and simply skip over stuf you don't care about.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Farewell
Your post falls far below the friendly post you are pissing and moaning about!You dont have the integrity to post your name or old handle so be gone with ya,I for one will not miss your type of sniveling!!!

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
You need a good A$$ =whoopin'=mystery man=

I for one will be glad your child-like intelligence has found another home @ a lower level forum =so you can be happy= Varmint BE GONE+++++
Doc :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
31 Posts
"Farewell" isnt going anywhere , he's just having trouble adjusting to the new Forum environment and had to pout a little.:p

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Adddiooooooos Amigo

Each of us has the controls at our finger tips, "Tha Mouse" !
We also have the choice of choosing the topics that we want
to read. I read those that I enjoy and those that I think I can
contribute to or help someone. The rest gets a pass. I sure
do enjoy the great hunting stories & picutres from especially
the west. And, Jr.'s coyote's wearing Tennessee Orange, LOL.
Have a good day wherever you go ! I think the new format is
different, but, gonna be great in the long run. Thanks Mike &
John for a great board ! Nothing wrong with the way it has been
for years. Most of my closest friends gathers here on a daily
basis !

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
See Ya !!!

I think you are missing the point of this board, and why it is different from all the other hunting boards, it is more like family and friends. I have met guys from all over the world on this board and made friends with guys I would never have met if it wasn't for the GGVG. I think you will be the one missing out, God Bless.
Joe

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Just to make the one post and express some views.

Over the past few mos. Seems the board and posts has degraded to the point of none sense posts that don't pertain to anything anymore than junk posts. Things like someones daily routines in the Good morning shows that has not provided one single positive post on the subject of this forum what so ever. Guys thats what you have e-mail addresses for use up your band width on your own e-mails and quit trashing up a varmint forum. For some Grown men your garbage chatter sounds more like teenage kids chatting.
This really isn't meant to offend it's just pure none sense and down right ridiculous. be productive tell us stories of your Hunts not of some silly morning show of your daily activities or some recall on some winch. It's pretty sad that what really use to be a good place to read and see pictures of Varmint kills and the stories has down right degraded to nothing more than what some call junk mail or in this case junk posts. So in my closing until there gets to be a handle on such junk posts I will pop in on an occassion to see if it had gotten cleaned up or if Mike & John will sit back and continue to allow such activities that are childish and useless.
Those of you that has been here for a while you know what I'm saying and know that how this board use to be filled with useful info not some ones daily lifestyle on no relation to hunting Varmints. For those who may rebut my post here you are the very ones that is causing this forum to loose such popularity of what it use to be and why so many has seeked other places to read and contribute there time to posts that has some context to it of the purpose of the forum.

Maybe a suggestion for the moderators... Maybe you could start a board for such posters and call it the "Stupid Chat forum for Childish Men"

Farewell To what once was one of the greatest forums on the Net.

I hope you all have a Safe and a Merry Christmas.
Somewhere I missed your (positive) contribution in this post. Lots of bandwidth used up, but nothing substanative, ya know?? And, it's good to see you feel good enough about your convictions to post under your real name...Farewell indeed.

But, to your points, the very format is going to bend the posts to it's will: A topic orientated board, like it or not. Moan if ya want to, but you won't find a better group of people anywhere on the net. Nobody is forcing you to log on, so in "logging off", we don't need any (negative) contributions; especially the kind you don't have the conviction to make under you own name.

Just a thought.

P.

·
Registered
751 Posts
With your comments and attitude, you surely won't be missed.

How easier could it be to just not read posts that don't interest you?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Grow a set of balls and post under your real name. Childish man.
What he said, plus if you don't think you'll like it then don't click on it. One of the things that seperates this board from others is the friendly atmosphere, and, like all friends, the talk strays from "Strictly Varminting" at times.
Seems like a cheap shot to sign in under a false name, insult everybody on the board AND Mike and John.
Don't let the doorknob hit you in the butt on the way out.

6mmRemington

PS: Mike and John, maybe this whole thread should be deleted. It's going downhill fast (not that I'm helping).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Too bad you didn't post your real name

then maybe we could have remembered some of your very interesting hunting stories. Did you ever post any? Guess we'll never know. As far as I can see all you've ever done is whine! Just one question for you---When you get together with your friends do you talk about ONLY hunting or do you ask their advice on other topics? Maybe you don't have anything else to talk about or maybe you don't have any friends. Either way you sound like a very unhappy person to me, may God bless you.

Jim

·
Registered
365 Posts
Every board has people who get fed up and leave in a huff. (Believe me, I know.)

Some of them have enough moxie that they finance and set up a new board of their own. That's partly why there are so many boards -- and why so many new boards fail: the founder is the only one who can put up with himself. But most of them just pout a while and wander back, tail tucked under, to the board they left.

We'll see about "Farewell." Either way, it isn't much loss.

·
Registered
250 Posts
All good things come to an end it seems....

I do not like the new format and visits to the Varmint Den are less enjoyable.......and less informing ............Roger

·
Registered
928 Posts
I think guys have dealt with this very thing year after year. I believe I have been a member here at GGVG since 1997 or 1998, can't remember exactly and each and every year guys complain about the amount of off-topic posts during the winter months.
Just remember, this is a forum of people who have stood by each other in one form or another year after year. You should learn to expect the off-topic posts during the off months. Not everyone has a varmint hunter's paradise in their back yard.
I for one have to travel an hour just to target shoot, my varmint hunting is limited to my annual trip to Wyoming. I am sure there are other folks here who have the same issue.
What makes this place great besides the sense of "family" that was already pointed out, its also the experience of years of involvement in the sport. The range of experience here is difficult to find elsewhere. Even harder still is finding this level of participation where guys are willing to share without the constant bickering found on other sites around the net.

Mike/John you have created something very unique. Good Job
Ken

1 - 20 of 69 Posts