Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever woke up in the morning feeling something is just not right. That is the way I felt this morning, I just have a bad feeling about today and I don't know why. My second oldest Granddaughter was admitted at 4:00PM yesterday and I should be Great Grandfather sometime today for the second time when I get the news. I have that gun club meeting on my mind as I don't trust our Queen of England President and we have two young (25 yr old) husband and wife Trustees. Those three worry me, I know I am old but I can see those three trying to give away the store. The wife here at the last meeting didn't want me to have the NRA sponsor our Membership Appreciation Day as they aren't viewed favorably by her "Facebook Friends" who she wants to invite. It doesn't matter all officers are NRA members and have to be and of course they kiss the Queens posterior all the time.

I'm sorry for the rant, I just have a bad feeling about today and sometimes I have a hard time controlling my anger. I may well end up resigning my Sec/Treas position tonight.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
That is hard to imagine in a Gun Club.
This is the new Woke Culture being forced on us.
Sometimes some folks have voiced Opinions that Politics shouldn't be brought up on the Forum.
However.
Firearms, Shooting and Hunting ARE Politics now. They are intertwined as the Left Wingers attempt to take our Second Ammendment rights away from us.
George. Do Not Resign. Let the DamWoke woman resign if she doesn't support Firearms rights, which she obviously does NOT.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have developed a 6th sense and I listen to it when I hear it. People laugh when I say anything about it but its saved my butt more than once. Maybe it came from working alone in all kinds of weather at all hours, I don't know. High voltage, low voltage, out of radio and phone coverage, ect. But I listen to it.

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
Seems clear to me, George, that your bad feelings are based around the gun club situation and the fact that you've lost faith that your fellow officers will support what you want to see happen. I'm betting that club is your primary social outlet, you've put in lots of blood, sweat and tears there over the years, and some of your closest friends are members or former members.

Over the past 2-3 years I've gone through a very similar transition involving my membership in a barbershop chorus in which I sang for nearly 25 years. Lots of time invested, lots of good memories, lots of close friends, but leadership changed and we got a president-for-life and a director who decided we needed to make some major changes. Little by little, in a variety of ways, longtime members who had built up the group were valued less and less, to the point where we were "gently" nudged off the risers. Just a few years ago we'd have at least 40-50 guys at every Monday night rehearsal. Even before COVID ended in-person meetings, attendance was down to 12-15.

When I decided to go inactive in my chorus, it was like cutting off an arm, but almost immediately I started sleeping better and I found new hobbies that were fun and relaxing. I meet my closest quartet buddies once a month for dinner and we also have a group of 10-12 ex-members who get together for lunch monthly.

I think a shrink would tell you and me both that change is unsettling to us, maybe even threatening. We like our world to stay largely the same, it's comfortable. I'd recommend you stick with the club for now and take an active part in the major decisions but remain calm. If the quarry decision and others don't go the way you'd like, consider giving up your role as secy/treasurer. I assume you can still remain a member and still shoot at the club. You'll have to work hard to adjust your attitude and not be frustrated by every wrong decision the new leaders make, but it CAN be done.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
First, your gut doesn’t think. That is your subconscious coming to the front. You’re arguing with yourself. You can tell your panty waist trustees that they are at a gun club and if they are looking for a facebook spinoff they are at the wrong place and they should move on. Are the facebook friends members of the club? No. So who cares what they “may” think of your gun club. Arrrrrgh

·
Registered
12,885 Posts
Don't let it stress you out ..life is short.
Do something that makes you happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts