Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
12,332 Posts
does anybody remember "Officer Friendly"? There was a time when I was a kid that my parents always said if you need help, find a cop. Not anymore...

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
I agree with all of the above but we have to remember a couple of things. First, there will always be a few bad apples and those are the ones we hear about. In most of the cases that make the news, the officers were 100% justified in their actions. Apparently not so in this case. Second, we can't lose sight of the fact that for every one of those horrible incidents, there are millions of contacts and thousands of arrests made every day across the country that go safely, peacefully, and without notice. The actions of the officers in this particular case are not typical by any stretch of the imagination but, because they make the news, some folks choose to paint all officers with the same broad brush. Rest assured, "officer friendly" is still out there 24/7/365 and he's as offended as anybody by the actions of the bad apples.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
I wasn’t a policeman; I was a Detroit Fireman. I can say I’ve seen many incidents where there was police/citizen interaction and nearly all of them went well. I can also attest to citizen/firefighter actions that went well and a couple that weren’t so sweet. It’s the not so sweets that I remember best.
I also think you become a product of your environment. When you are surrounded by animals day in and day out, there are times when the animal comes out as that is what the environment creates.

·
Administrator
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are good people, there are bad people. There are good whites, there are bad whites, there are good blacks, there are bad blacks. There are good police, there are bad police, there are good politicians, there are bad politicians. Some only see what they want, I open my eyes to everything.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
There are good people, there are bad people. There are good whites, there are bad whites, there are good blacks, there are bad blacks. There are good police, there are bad police, there are good politicians, there are bad politicians. Some only see what they want, I open my eyes to everything.
You are quite right, George. Those guys don't need to be in LE. But that shouldn't condemn all of LE. From what I saw on the videos those guys actions were totally uncalled for. This will probably die down but if that elderly Lady was black there would be looting and burning in the city.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts

·
Administrator
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is like my FIL said one time, not all N*** are black. He was absolutely correct.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts