Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using Guntracker for the past several years, and have been pleased with it for my needs. However, I went to update the gun values since I hadn't done so since 2005. It seems that Guntracker and the Blue Book of Gun Values have severed their relationship.

Guntracker does not seem to have an alternative values data base available, and Blue Book now have their own collection software but you cannot load your collection from a version of Guntracker.

My question is, has anyone experience with the Blue Book software and is it as good or better than Guntracker. Or does anyone have any other suggestions.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Bill,
I hope you get an answer on this from some one that knows. I`ve been going to put my guns and their values on the computor for a while and just haven`t got to it, and I do what to use the best when I do it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the pun.

Base your gun values on the gunshow prices instead of Blue Book. It's like your portfolio getting a 45% boost!! :D

Sorry Bill, I just couldn't resist!! :p
Really not far off the truth as Guntracker is distributed by Bangzoom Inc!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wife thinks they were all gifts.....

Bill what ever you do don't list the value as what you told your wife you paid for them.
oh well I hear divorce can be fun.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have NM Gun Collector Software. I listed all my guns and the approx. value that I could come up with. Since this is for my use and insurance purposes, I haven't tried to list current prices. Beauty ( or prices ) is in the eye of the owner. Some guns have a greater value because of sentimental reasons, and I think it only fair to be compensated thustly if anything happens to them. Otherwise I am happy with the software. It lists everything including pictures, values, purchase price, date of manufacture, blah, blah blah. O C

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Having worked insurance claims for many years, no policy will cover sentimental value. Same issue with "matched" pairs, like earrings, cufflinks ect. Normally it is an actual cash value or replacement cost. Some policies permit "stated Value' but that is more for premium purposes and not necessarily the true reflection of the settlement amount.
Just be sur to read your policy and underestand the terms and conditions and make sure your agent knows what he is doing.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I just use Excel with columns adjusted to fit my need: make, model, serial number, value, source, general comment, picture. I even note if any of my friends are interested in buying it or where they could be sold (not all of them can be exported).

My wife knows where to find it AFTER I'm dead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.