Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with my 'smith, and he's going to build me a 6.5x47 on a Rem 700 action, Lilja 3-groove barrel, and Jewell trigger. He's sending his reamer to Wilson Tools for the dies. He's got an extra HS Precision stock for it also. He's built the same rifle for a friend of mine, and it's a hammer out to 1000 yards- that's as far as he's shot it.
Now to round up some brass and bullets. If I'm lucky I'll have it in time to use for the next long-range match here in April... if not I'll just have more time to dial it in at F-class and 'tactical' matches.
I think I'm due. At the last couple of F-class matches, I got the strong feeling that my Rem 700 PSS is getting a little tired- I think I can shoot better than it does at this point. I'd much rather have a rifle I have to work up to.

6mmRemington

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Mike, now you have friends? Just kiddin ya! Good luck on the build.
Russ Haydon has brass, a bit spendy tho.
I hope you get it together for the match. It will be interesting having 2 of those there.
I can spare a few, very few, 142's. Also have 140 Amax and 140 Nosler competitions.
JtP

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure I got friends, I pay them well. :D

I've been thinking that maybe, on a good day, I can shoot better than my PSS. Only one way to find out.

6mmRemington

·
Registered
785 Posts
Just shot mine

I just shot my new 6.5x47 at 400yds this weenend, getting ready for the LSSO this year. Shot several groups at 1", needless to say I was very pleased with it. Mine is built by Kevin Weaver and I'm shooting the 120-123's. Predator action, Krieger 1-8.5 barrel, McMillan stock. So far it's lived up to it's reputation but I haven't shot it at more than 400yds.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Good luck on it Mike

Everyone should build at least one custom in their lives :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.