Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the morning Started off ok. Made it about half way to work and was crossing to river bridge and my tailgate bounced open and then hit the road. Only 1 side had the cable on it.
Yep...sparks was pretty...lol had.to pull over and throw it in the bed. A.car.was.behind me and.stopped before it got to me and then pulled up and asked if I was ok. Yep, just lost my tailgate...lol Made it to work and first thing was to haul ashes from the school that it furest
from the snop. Well that went ok...next school, dropped the ramp to get the little backhoe off and the brace on the ramp landed on my foot...yep pinned it to the pavement. Just missed my big toe by a hair. Tore the leather almost all the way through. Boots ain't a month old and was the best I'd had in a long time. Next school...boss called and said he needed us at another school...furest away to get stuff off the roof...new roof and they left a lot of stuff there. Guess it could have been worse...at least I still have all my toes...lol
Just thought I'd share my first day at work in 2021...LOL

Underdog

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I dropped a stick of Firewood on my big toe once. It was Sore for a month and lost the nail. Been more careful lately, almost made it thru another day safely.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Sounds like you were dodging bullets all day, Donnie, but at least you dodged 'em, for the most part. There's some stuff called Shoe Goop that I've used. It either works real well and is a forever fix, or it doesn't work at all, at least in my experience. Really glad that the ramp just nicked you.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Donnie sounds like you had the jinx monkey on your back too!! It started off crazy for me too buddy, I'm glad you didn't get hurt. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, go slow!!!

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Glad those boots didn't have steel toes. Saw one of them get mashed by a cylinder head from a huge compressor engine many years ago. Probably 300 lbs of cast iron. The fire department had to cut the sole off the boot to get the guy's foot out. All said and done, he lost 3 toes.

The boys might have to drag their own deer for a couple of weeks if that happened. :D

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
With luck that bad, I would stay out of the reloading room today !

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dropped a stick of Firewood on my big toe once. It was Sore for a month and lost the nail. Been more careful lately, almost made it thru another day safely.
Perhaps you had a fracture, since your finger hurt for a month, about the same amount of bone heal. Is the new nail growing? If not maybe things are bad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts