Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question for anyone who is or has been a Varminteer in Fla.

My #2 son is stationed at Eglin AFB and is trying to do some hunting for predators down there. He is not used to that country, and is having some trouble on the public lands, since it is all close quarters combat and seems to be very restrictive with regard to the laws.

According to what he is reading:

He can use a shotgun or rimfire 22 but not a 17 HMR or any centerfire rifle.

He can use mouth calls only. Electronic calls are not allowed.

As such, he is trying to get onto some private land to do some calling. Do those laws also apply to private property?

Is there anyone out there that can shed any light on the subject?

My suggestion was to check the laws in Alabama which is only 30 miles away or so.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Check the regs on My FWC DOT com

Eglin AFB may also have it's own set of regs, so I would make sure he checks them out too.
Florida is kinda weird on varmint hunting. You can only shoot crows on Sat and Sun. I guess the rest of the week, they don't cause any kind of trouble...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Here is the link to the FL Game and Fish. The rules are a PDF file you can down load. Hope this helps.
http://myfwc.com/hunting/

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Indeed

Eglin AFB may also have it's own set of regs, so I would make sure he checks them out too.
Florida is kinda weird on varmint hunting. You can only shoot crows on Sat and Sun. I guess the rest of the week, they don't cause any kind of trouble...:rolleyes:
Wierd is the word for sure.

I think Eglin is shut down for hunting right now. They have some interruptions in hunting seasons due to their own needs.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts