Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my new Foxpro FX2 Wednesday and decided to play with it a bit today. Not going to be able to get into the woods, but fun can be had in the house.:)

The FX2 does not have a remote nor external speaker, but it does have a recept for a speaker. I salvaged the detachable speakers off my old shop boombox, cleaned off 10 years worth of oil and grit, and plugged it in. Nice, rice tone.

Brought them into the house, and decided too see what effect the rodent call would have on the wife's cat. :D

Turned it on low. The cat came through the house like it's tail was on fire. Got to within 6 or so feet of the speaker and went into the crouch & pounce position.

It slowly moved up to the speaker and begin to sniff it. I upped the volume a tad and the cat jerked back about a foot, then reapproached the speaker. Sniffed all around the speaker, but just could not find that sneaky rodent making the noise.;)

Well, I turned it off, and the cat decided to go harass my grandsons. I'll see if I can tempt it again later.:)

The things we do for entertainment, when we don't go into work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ohh My!

I laughed until I had tears.
I don't think I would want to be the one to open the door after the rinse cycle.
You would think there would be a better way to dry them....maybe the old wringer washer (tail first) that should get most of the water off him.
I can't see to type anymore laughing again.
what a video
Fred

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Thanks for the report Mortis,That thing sounds like what I am looking for,Keep us posted on a field trial when you get out,
Thanks
Mike F.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.