Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dang, I bought my Foxpro with remote many years ago and never a lick of trouble. I talk my hunting buddy into getting one and he`s had nothing but trouble. The first one had a bad remote so they took it back. This one is only a week old and it`s dead now too.
He got on the Fpro site and found similar complaints. Cabelas told him the model he bought is discontinued... I think its the 416. has the long range remote
My bud is really bummed and is ready to throw in the towel. I told him to wait til I checked with you all.

Also, don`t take this as a slam on Fpro. They are superb folks and have been very quick about trying to get him fixed up. I rank their customer service as an 11 out of a possible 10.

So, does anyone know why this model is discontinued?
Other people with similar problems?
He says he`s ready to try to find an old one like mine as it`s bulletproof....
Any old style Fpros with remote for sale? PM me plz.
Cheers and thanks for any info, i`ve been off site for some time and have not kept up on the Fpro`s.
Brownbear

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had an old 416 with the ugly green case and whip antennae. I sent it in to get some sounds reprogrammed and got it back & it didn't work. Called them and sent it back. A week or so later what I got back was a surprise. The 416 was now in a new camo case with the folding antennae and a new long range sound board. Nice free upgrades for the hassle. It has worked like a charm since then.

Make sure the batteries in the case and remote are fresh. If that doesn't fix it give them a call, they will straighten it out. Their customer service is great.

I think the 416 was discontinued because the newer two speaker units came out and Foxpro couldn't get the old style cases anymore.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Dang, I bought my Foxpro with remote many years ago and never a lick of trouble. I talk my hunting buddy into getting one and he`s had nothing but trouble. The first one had a bad remote so they took it back. This one is only a week old and it`s dead now too.
He got on the Fpro site and found similar complaints.
I only see about a half dozen complaints like this on the FoxPro website about the 416. And that is over a year's timeframe of messages

Cabelas told him the model he bought is discontinued... I think its the 416. has the long range remote
The new model ZR6 is replacing the 416. It just started shipping this month. It is normal for vendors to improve and upgrade their products, and this is what FoxPro has done here.

Your friend should simply get back to FoxPro, and let them know he has another problem. I'm sure they will work extra hard to help him, in light of that fact.

He might want to even ask them how much it would be to upgrade to the new ZR6. Maybe they would give him a break on the regular upgrade price, due to his difficulties.

Lance in Oregon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.