Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My F.I.L. ended up with a Dillon RL450, and since he doesn't reload anymore (I wouldn't either, if I had a S.I.L. that does it for me :rolleyes: ) he gave it to me. Great! A free progressive press.

Free, sure, but I can see where this is going, already.

It's got some rust on it, so I tore it down and am de-rusting the whole thing. While I'm waiting for the CLP to do the hard work, I look up the Dillon site. Hmmm, looks like I can get a auto primer kit, and a frame change kit, and, and, and......

Of course, then I have a progressive press, but I don't have anything that consumes enough metallic ammo to justify a progressive press.

The solution? Exactly. Time to look hard at an AR. I've got almost enough credit at the gun store to get a nice one...... All I'd have to do is pay for a scope.

So, best I can figure right now, this free press is going to cost me at least two grand. But, I'm saving money.....

This never ends, does it? FWIW, Dutch.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Free Dillon??

No such thing. I bought a 550 used and now bought another so I have two, plus a couple of powder measures and a pile of shell plates and extra dies.
Upgrade that 450 to a 550, add a primer feed and shell kicker or just buy a new 550 and leave the 450 set up for one caliber.
Mike Dillon is a slickie boy and will sell you assesories for your machines that you didn't know you needed.
They are great machines and I really enjoy using them but they are money pits.
Welcome to the first step on a slipery slope. Enjoy the ride, I am.:D
Fred M

·
Registered
460 Posts
It was good of you to take it off his hands...

Murphy's Law - no good deed goes unpunished.

But Murphy was an optimist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts