Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
28° here in Upstate NY this morning under mostly overcast skies but there are a few stars visible. The high temperature today is going to be getting up to about 34°. It will be a partly sunny day with a 30% chance of some showers and a 7 to 13mph wind.

Yesterday was mostly a day of computer work for me here at home and it looks like is going to be the same way. I have somethings I need to get done around here but winter arrives also. Our gun season for deer opens tomorrow morning.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's cold, 14 degrees and just 17 later. We might see a bit of sunshine today.
Busy yesterday, cleaning the drive of snow, stained a stock and spent the afternoon with the ex. That is tiring.
Today is a trip to Janesville so my wife can get her hair done. That will take all morning. The afternoon is open.
Hope everyone has a great Friday,
Ken

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
32 ° here this morning And Friday is upon us. A quick trip to Rural King was made yesterday, followed by a cold evening of trapshooting. Both went well. Going to pick up a generator later today and then put a new bed together. Looks like another long day at work is scheduled for tomorrow but that’s OK. I‘m looking at a short week coming up and I have much to be thankful for this year.
Make it a good day.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Morning all, it's 20* here and going to a toasty 35* today. I have Country Store duty today, going to be a cold one today, the tractor has heat so it won't be to bad loading hay. You guys up north are getting hammered with heavy snow, Bless your heart and stay safe. Have a good one in your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
morning all. 8 with a high in the low 30s today, yesterday I saw it at 35 for a bit.
Worked around the shop after I got the chores done up. Takes some what longer now that there is ice to break and fork out
of the stock tanks each morning.
Repaired the rear turn lights on one of the farm pickups and also worked on one of the loaders. Waited around for the COOP oil guy to
come fill our oil tanks, they have a oil sale each November so I try to get most of what we'll use for the year, grease, 90wt oil, engine oil, the gear
oil I use in the sprinklers and hydraulic oil...ect. Don't have a clue if it really saves the boss man money but makes him feel better getting a sale price.
Better get moving, happy FRIDAY. Be safe and warm. Prayers for those with issues and others.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Mornin boys...
21 here high on RUGER Mt this morning
Well, another excuse for not being in the woods this morning...woke up at 1 and couldn't go back to sleep. Got on the phone and watched Bart Sauter and Eric Cirnia ? Talk shooting stuff. Finally got tired of twisting and turning and got up about 230 and took a shower. Finally sometime i dosed
off and around 5 I said I'm laying in...
May go look around after while. Got a gun to line up for a friend and want to shoot 1 or 2 of ours for opener tomorrow. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Administrator
13,807 Posts
Good morning from the treestand. Last day of archery season and I'm headed north at lunchtime for bear camp. Probably little service, I'll be back Monday. 33 and Lil windy. Really chilly, damp air. Got to my spot a Lil late and bumped a deer right at my stand. Got a blurry pic on cam, think it was a doe? Saw 2 smal bucks already. This guy was hereat 3am. Hope he comes back before 10am.

Hand Flash photography Gesture Finger Font

Gotta pay attention here so I'll get off. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
309 Posts
Morning all, 23 headed to 39 today. Got a lot done yesterday, put a pre 64 1894 Win back together after hot bluing it for a buddy. Was a pain as tolerances on those older guns are tight and bluing makes everything tighter. Looks pretty good, i gave it a bead blasted/matte finish, to hid some terrible pits. You can still see some of them but 90% are hid pretty well. All you folks up north that are getting blasted with snow, be careful driving and just in general. Charlie hope you find your deer easily and get it out without much trouble. You all have a good one, remember those in need off prayers, Buff out.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
We only have four-maybe five inches total on the ground. It is “lake effect” from Lake Michigan, 230 miles west of us so it’s pretty thin by the time it gets here. Now if the wind is out of the east, it’s a different story as we are 5 miles from Lake Huron. Be that as it may- - who says that? The forecast is for global warming, I think. Film at eleven.
One less. Bunny is making tracks in our snow as a blast from the Rrrugger 10/22 out the dining room window took care of that guy. Looks like rabbit soup is on the luncheon menu today.
Deer hunting has quieted down as the hunters have all grown tired of walking, sitting, sneaking through the country side. Four have to get their cars fixed as that was the count on Wildcat Road the other day. The gravel road we are on is as slick as a whistle. I have to get to the post office today and mail some dies.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 36º and cloudy here and only headed for the low 40's.

I felt better yesterday but didn't do much except lay around. I did partly unload my truck and deprimed a little brass that I picked up at the deer camp range.

Todays plan is more of the same. Still weak and coughing some but better.

HHH, 900+ miles is a long day on the road. When we were going to the Beer Festival in Denver we would drive it in one day. Almost exactly 1000 miles. Try as we might we couldn't beat 14 hours.

Charlie, good Luck on the Deer and at Bear Camp.

Good Luck to you guys that are taking Chemo. Y'all sure have good attitudes!

Prayers offered for those in need and for our Country.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Good morning and TGIF, GoGo! At 0829 it's 32 in Louisville, going to 36 (maybe) and mostly sunny.

I didn't post until suppertime yesterday, so there's not much to report. Bagged more rice and tried to stay warm.

Not sure what I'll do today, but I'm planning to deer hunt again tomorrow if I can talk my buddy into going. Man, it's gonna be damned cold, I know that.

The big news here in town is that our new Topgolf opens today. Something like 500 employees. I don't know how many facilities like this they have, but apparently it's kind of a big deal. They've already got one in the Indianapolis area, so it won't be a big draw for Doug.

Glad you just stuck a buck, Charlie. Hope he lies down and bleeds out quick for you. I know we can count on you for pictures.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, try to stay warm, and lift up prayers for our friends here and for our nation.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Good morning all 27 going to 34 with a 48 wind that's real cold, don't laugh at me Dean. Looks like a good day to get lost in the loading room. Good luck to all the hunters esp. Charlie. Be safe my friends Prayers to all of us and country. Mike

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
24 with clouds at sunrise in Peay Hollow, prolly mid 40s this afternoon. Did one stop yesterday, had lunch with the HS boys and sent a few packages down the road. Seems medical issues tend to dominate our lunch conversations. One of the bunch is having increasing confusion & dementia as his arteries crumble and two are having implants to reduce back pain. Not much to be done for getting old. I'll need to do a little real work today and then go by the gun shop to pick up the newly barreled BAT. Don't know that I'll shoot any better, but I will eliminate one excuse. I still have one ABC 224 blank on the shelf and he should be making new ones by the end of the year.....fingers crossed. Time to find some breakfast.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Brandon!!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Good morning everyone from Venice Florida not to far from the Gulf . 54 headed to low 71-2. Calling for 2-3 days of rain but warming up to upper 70's lower 80's next week. .
Piddled in garage yesterday . I about have reloading equipment set up need to level the scale then calibrate and I'll be finished. I purchased a Amp Annealer a few months ago I will finally put to use.
I'll probably get out and ride around a little later today . Wife drove to grocery store yesterday said a lot of trees were still down .
I did talk to a neighbor he said he will never stay in another hurricane he said he doesn't care what category it is .
Everyone have a great day stay safe, warm and comfortable enjoy your day.
Light it was a long drive I would not let the wife drive we would still be on the road 🛣 or .
HHH

·
Administrator
13,807 Posts
Brown Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Groundcover

Can't find arrow but got a blood trail, not a GUT trail so staying positive, but waiting it out to be safe. If he's dead now, he'll be just as dead in another hour.

I could smell a buck when I was tracking. About 60 yards from where I last saw him. Funny thing, after I shot, before I got down, a big spike came to investigate the commotion. He walked over to about where I last saw my buck and stayed there 20 minutes or so looking into the thicket. I assume he was checking out my dead buck laying there. Fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts