Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10,496 Posts
Good late morning gents. 29 in Indy. Expected high is 30. I can't wait for that warm up! Been to the pancake joint and Rural King (surprise). We'll drop off the recyclable stuff, pick up meds at the vet, then hit our favorite gun shop before we hunker down for the rest of the day.

The "Service Engine Soon" light on the truck dashboard lit up yesterday. Owner's manual and the dealership service guy both say it's an emissions issue. Made an appointment to drop it off Monday AM. Sounds expensive to me. I'll run by an auto parts place and have them read the codes before I take it in to the dealer.

Off to run errands. Gotta' be back home in time to watch the granddaughter's dance performance online around 3:00.

Charlie, that guy looks just like you!

Have a good day.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Looks like Charlie is going to be late meeting his bear hunting friends.
Way to go Charlie!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Good luck Charlie. Hope it’s a gooden.
Carl…. Great minds think alike they say. I called Chad yesterday while going to OKC and he is going to call today about getting whole house generators for us. One for his “cabin” and one for my house. Same people who installed son’s at the lodge. They come by every 6 months and service it. Nice people and great service.
Made it back home about 9 last night and was done for the day. Son had called on the way to OKC and wanted us to pick up 10 of the Mr Buddy propane heaters at Northern Tool while on sale. They didn’t have any left, Sam’s was out, Academy was out. Guess it’ll be Amazon shopping today. Did pick up 42 of the propane bottles for them at Sam’s …$5 each. After all these years trying, we finally run Sam’s out of something….LOL.
Was 20 here this morning headed to 34….and wind. The big group of hunters headed in this afternoon.
They going to freeze their cabooses off.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all.

·
Registered
124 Posts
No rain checks Bruce???
Very, very NICE Charlie !! Outstanding. Gotta put a smile on your face. Hope your Mom connects in gun season.
We be keeping the EZ chair ballasted and well anchored the last two days doing research on oil capacity and filter # of the new tractor. Also checking out the grapples. I found out A36 has 36k tensile strength. T1 has 100k. Don't know about A500 etc, yet.
I don't plan on doing any real heavy root raking in the woods. A lot of designs to choose from. Always robbing Peter to pay Paul when considering cost, weight, design, overall strength... Right Shayne? A field day for this specification, bang for the buck and capability junkie. That will keep me off the street for a while like Charlie but no meat for my freezer. Dayam, that is ONE NICE DEER. Really really glad for you Charlie. It's nice to catch a break now and again. I would have been sorely tempted to have stuck the second one. o_O:sneaky:
Highs are low to mid 30s like KF but out here in the wide open, 19mph worth this AM. COLD for this wuss l tell ya. I gotta get some doors on the tool and saw carrier (Mule SX, a 3/4 size side x side).
Still in Revelation. Peeling it off one thin layer at a time. Tom out

·
Registered
453 Posts
That guy with the beard would look just like Charlie iffen he shaved off the face fuzz....LOL!
Nice buck, Bud, that palmation on the one side seems a bit unusual but that's what make it unique, right?
Good one!

·
Registered
7,377 Posts
Congratulations @charlie sterner !!!! great shot and I am about as Happy as you are about the Deer. You sure have worked hard and deserve That Nice Deer.
Afternoon greetings to yall folks. I have been MIA for a few days as I figure I'm like Coyote George says. Much talk and don't know nuffin.
@Kentucky Fisherman has bagged so much Rice his Eyes have already gone Sideways. Maybe hes training for the VietCong army?
A lot of Snow up North and don't want it Here. We were in Buffalo and Seneca Falls earlier in the year they had the Last Monster Snow there.
Seabird Tail Soil Grass Road surface

Dean shot this one a couple days ago with his .204 AR15.
Since I showed up mysteriously yesterday..with a 5 year old post by a Spam Bot, I better show a photo of a NEW ONE.
Plant community Plant Natural landscape Grass Fence

ZOOM in and you can see he is Really Fresh...ain't even Dead. Yet.
Carnivore Dog breed Plant Grass Terrestrial animal

@45tajjat45 and his buddy @45TAJ are both researching contraptions for their tractor, I think they gonna start Logging.

@Ken is going the extra 10miles with that old fart. A neighbor let his Wifes X husband live in a shed building next to their house a few summers ago. Maybe a menage a trois or ??? A WTF??
F That, I would send him on his way in about 30 seconds.
I ain't up for Sainthood anyway.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The big one we got at archery season weighed about 20#
see pics from last week 😳
Happy for you

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
weighed bout 20 when they found him the next morning after coyotes got their share

21 - 40 of 42 Posts