Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
32° and overcast here in Upstate NY this morning, the high temperature will only get up to about 33°. We have a slight chance of snow showers this morning and it will get partially with 10 - 15 mph winds.

I spent most of day yesterday on gun club business and I got Rusty's dog license renewed. Today I hope to just take life easy here at home, my wife will be gone babysitting one of our great granddaughters all day.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 36, partially cloudy and 42 later. There's some light rain in the area, a bit here last evening. Grocery store is getting to be no fun. Too costly.
I spent yesterday afternoon sorting dishes and hauling boxes. Then looking around for a better vehicle. A mini van is the most practical, a pickup great, but costly. A sedan,, ok but can't haul anything. So, I have the wants for a Jaguar XJ Vanden Plas. It is 20 years old.
Prayers needed for common sense.
Hopefully everyone will enjoy this last day of work week.
Ken

·
Registered
275 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 35 going to 46 and right at the edge of spitting rain. Nothing special going on here. Need to make a grub run and do more domestic work. I did see one hunter yesterday on the way to LaRue, first activity I've seen in this weeks deer season. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
13,724 Posts
Mornin boys...
Looks like its 40 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Nother day at the grind...
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Good morning. It’s 42 heading for 58 with no rain forecast in Indy. That could spell golf. Played yesterday for the first time in a week. Today is one of those days that could be the last decent weather for a while. The course could be packed but I’ve got the whole day off.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
morning all. 15 with upper 50s today, no chance of moisture.
Worked in the shop yesterday, off and on. Wasn't feeling like doing much except napping.
But I did get the two tractors out of the shop, need to clean up my mess and start the next project today.
Feel better this morning than I have for almost a week. Hope it's over for this round.
Sure need to shoot something, been a while!
Better get around, Have a Happy FRIDAY. Be safe and prayers for those with issues.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Great morning folks,

33°, mostly overcast with a chance of mixed moisture but that should track south of us here near HalfwayUSA.

Deb & I went to visit our financial planner yesterday. Good news, we are on a good path to remain retired. Some investments have done well enough that we can supplement our rice & beans diet with the occasional can of generic dog food.:p

I'm heading to old hunting partner's place this morning. More junk clean up & we'll likely take a ride around his county to verify the quality of the woods.

·
Administrator
13,014 Posts
Morning boys. It's 41 here and sunny, headed to upper 40's. Looks like the wind might blow too. Last day of the work week, and I'm ready for the weekend. Decided to let the place we're hunting cool off yesterday and today. We're going to hunt another farm close to home. Hopefully nobody's there when we get there and the neighbors haven't screwed everything up for us. May let Lillie fill a doe tag if we see any. Farmer would be happy for sure. I got out my meat stick...Rem 700 VLS in 243. If anything needs killed that'll do it, out to 500 yards or so. I won't let her shoot that far but 200 is a pretty doable shot. I gave her a lesson shooting prone yesterday evening in the house. She said she felt more stable/comfortable like that than in the treestand. Should be anyway.

Hey how about that SA revolver just going off all by itself in Alec Baldwin's hands? He DID NOT pull that trigger, he insists. Bullshit. I guess he didn't aim it either. Here's an excerpt from an article I just read...he's not even owning up to it! First class A-hole. I hope he rots in hell.

"Since the incident happened, the three-time Emmy winner says he’s been having very vivid dreams and hasn’t slept in weeks. But among the range of emotions he’s gone through, there’s one that he hasn’t been feeling: guilt. When Stephanopoulos asked if this is the worst thing that has ever happened to Baldwin, he answered “yes” without hesitation. Then Stephanopoulos asked Baldwin if he feels guilt?”

“No. No,” Baldwin said. “I feel that someone is responsible for what happened, and I can't say who that is, but I know it's not me.”

Enough of that, better get busy. Prayers sent. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Alec Baldwin is trying to deflect responsibility for HIS ACTIONS through a paid PR campaign. I'll bet he didn't inhale either, he's likely to keep his doctor, he is not a crook nor was he on the grassy knoll.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
GM from Otis's house in the, sticks of Kentucky.
All is Well.
Otis the Cat has returned after a 5 day vacation to Las Vegas. He came in smelling of cheap perfume just a couple minutes ago.

Sky Plant Plant community Vertebrate Ecoregion

I know, he's just an old Tomcat but it's been a couple years since he was gone this long and I would miss him as We don't have a Housecat any more.

Lime Dust man was here at 0715 with the first load of dust. I need a loan to pay him.
JB called last night and said things are getting closer in Kansas. I only hope for a perfect little girl baby.

Off to the Pill Pushers in a few minutes and maybe get a loaf of Bread. Of course hit McD at 1030 for lunch then back here to feed Damcows.
Lot of work I need to do today, and I need to go OUT tonight after Coyotes.
I Had to Google that Jag that Ken is looking at. Nice looking ride, until you have to have it Serviced.

Have a safe day folks and don't follow Otis's example. Stay home.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
TGIF, GoGo! It's 41 in Louisville, going to 68. Should be a beautiful day, especially for early December.

Charlie, at first I thought that swimming pool photo was a joke, but maybe not. Would love to see a video, so you could judge just how stable or tippy that rig really is. Seems to me there ought to be a better way to do that job. As for that Alec "Asshole" Baldwin interview, you'll note in the excerpt you provided, he never said he didn't pull the trigger. He just said he's not responsible.

Scott, your mention of a rice & beans diet immediately makes me think of financial adviser Dave Ramsey, whom I admire. It also made me wonder whether guys like you, "*******" Cliff Schrader and Dom are so well off because they mostly eat rice and beans. It could also explain why frugal guys like JR Carter seem strongly drawn to the bayou. Ha! :D

Ken, I share your dilemma in terms of trying to figure out a single vehicle that'll do ALL the things we'd like one to do. I also share your apparent love of Jaguars. My dream car is a 1968 XKE convertible in British Racing Green, which looks almost black unless it's out in the bright sun. Something like this would be acceptable.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Y'all have a good'n, be safe (especially changing swimming pool lights), and lift up prayers for our friends and our nation. Bruce is probably getting his therapy, so let's remember him, too.

LET'S GO, OTIS!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Alec Baldwin is trying to deflect responsibility for HIS ACTIONS through a paid PR campaign. I'll bet he didn't inhale either, he's likely to keep his doctor, he is not a crook nor was he on the grassy knoll.
Hmm, I wonder what Hillary Clinton would charge to put a big smile on our faces this Christmas? Not saying she was in any way responsible for the scores of mysterious deaths that hover around her and Bill like a cloud of bloodthirsty mosquitos. I'm thinking if Hill would give us a price, we could reach it in about two days with a Go Fund Me campaign.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Morning Everyone!

The Wife is on my phone talking with the youngest Son, so no weather report! The Sun is shining, its warm and its suppost to start raining for the weekend.

I spent most of yesterday morning in the loading room. I deprimed and culled the brass that we picked up Wednesday and started sanding on a barrel channel in a stock. Yesterday afternoon the Wife and I just lofted around.

Todays plan is to load a few things up and head to Deer Camp for the weekend. The BIL and SIL will probably be the only ones there.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Good Morning from the 🌞 E shore's of the Gulf of Mexico in Venice Florida not Italy. 😆. A pleasant 63 with a high of 72 . Nice and Sunny .Got some unpacking to do then I start on planning on a new reloading bench after the honey dos. Thanks everyone for the safe travels 😁 .
Everyone have a great day and stay safe .
JW

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
If I had to change light bulbs over that pool, I’d just freeze it and walk around on it like it was just a slippery floor.
When I got out of the Army in 1965 I thought I’d like a Jag XKE but then I looked at those six tiny carburetors and decided they looked like constant maintenance. So, I bought a 66 Chevy with two four barrel carburetors.
Today (fourth Saturday) I’m taking it easy. I finished building the two jewelry shelf units. I put four coats of antique oil finish on them.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Ken….amen to prayers for common sense.
KF…Every sense I was about 15 have wanted a Jag XKE like you pictured. About then I rode a train (by myself) to California to stay with kinfolks for 2-3 weeks. The cousin that lives in Las Vegas now.is about 4-5 years older that me and she had a 63 jag xke. That was the coolest car I ever rode in in my life. Sitting that low to the ground, I thought I was flying….LOL. About 2 summer's later she called and said she was driving out to see us. I thought WOW, my buddies will get to see me driving around in that thing.….when she showed up she had traded for a VW convertible…..that wasn’t cool to a bunch of western Okla natives.
JR…. I was hoping Otis was just out being a cat. I hope you don’t show up missing for 4-5 days. 🤣
Guys….I’m sure ole Bill Clinton didn’t have $ex with that woman either. Maybe he could explain how She was just laying there and IT went off….. Maybe that gun was just laying there in his hand not pointing it at her, and not pulling the trigger, and it went off on it’s on and hit her. I’m sure that in this world some dumba$$ will probably believe that.
I’ll get off my soapbox now…..for a few minutes until you boys bring up something else that trips MY trigger.
Weather here is just what I always imagined for global warming. It has hit 80* here last 3 days. The neighbor ladies want me to help them with one of thems new fishing pole. They have been used to noodling and bow fishing, and haven’t figured out how to use their pole. I thought I would go over and let them use my pole.

Hand Plant Water People in nature Happy

Does this pic below remind you of one of our own….LOL
Tire Wheel Photograph Tractor Vehicle

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Morning all, 57 headed to 70 today, sunny and nice. Got a busy day on tap, got to tap a ML barrel for scope rings, then do some cleaning up on the brass when I get it off the . Then am going to cast about 1000 9mms or so, and hopefully get the powder and bullets into 100-45/70 rounds. May help Rusty zero a ML for his dad if he comes over this afternoon. Got get moving, slowly that is, you all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Yep always thought I wanted an XKE. I tried to buy a XK 140, it’s forerunner, but my dad wouldn’t sign for insurance. He thought I would kill myself with it, well duh! I did end up with a sedan like the one in the picture, what a heap. Second worse car buy. BTW the XK 140 coupe like the one in the picture was $800 in 1968 and I had cash.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Reactions: Grandad

·
Registered
9,185 Posts
Gotta agree Bruce. A 4020 was bought when I was in college in '69. 100 bux per hp was the cost, I remember well my Uncle telling me. It is still working but now relegated to lesser chores. Nudged back by the 300+ hp newbies. Never majored. I made it grunt w an 8' chisel....
Nice day yday temp wise but the wind took the fun out of it. Finished up the bball goal hanging. New net as well. Bucket on the tractor was the work platform w 8' ladder touching. The wind made it a bit dicey juggling the backboard trying to hit the first hole w the bolt. I didn't go splat so I may make it to #75 on the shortest day coming up.
I like quality. Am still on the fence re IR & Thermal. Just not sure how much use they will get. No shooting bud yet.
Exercise area awaits, Tom out

1 - 20 of 26 Posts