Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,315 Posts
Good morning everyone...I'm late to the party and I just got done with lunch. Seems I am left all alone at the shop now as everyone took off early....I might just do the same as I need to go pick up a muzzle loader for in the morning if I decide to go. The wife called at lunch and they got off work early as well because the had nothing to do there.
I went out last night for some rounds and didn't see anything at the hog barns again and at the other farm I seen a figure way out in a field and got set up and tried to call but they just ended up howling back at me and never came in. Not sure if we'll go out tonight or not since we'll all be deer hunting tomorrow.

Here is a pic of the breeder buck my buddy has in with his does. He's sleeping pretty good in the pic.
Fawn Plant Terrestrial animal Deer Tail

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Never got that into XKEs, and Jags in general. I had many friends who had British cars like MGs, Austin Healeys and Triumphs. The Lucas electrics were always troublesome and at best unreliable. When a junior in college, I rebuilt the transmissions for two A-H 3000s of buddies. The hydraulic clutches were always leaking and not fully disengaging, which made quick of the non-synchomesh 1st and Rev gears. A cousin had a TR-3 that was very small (for me) and cramped. Even in high school I was about 6'3" had long arms, 37-38" sleeve length dress shirts, etc. Once riding in my cousin's TR-3, I reached out the door and dropped my arm down and hit the pavement accidently while we were moving. Never did that again, as it scraped the heck out of my knuckles.

The last Jag I rode in was finally decent. I friend has a Jaguar F-type 5.0 L. It has a 5.0 liter twin turbo V-8 (550HP?) and is a limo sedan, so it also has two video screens and a bar in the rear. One tremendous road trip car. He told me Jag only made 40 of them that year. He also has a fully restored M-B 190SL that his father bought originally back about 1960.

Regarding Baldwin's comment, really good single actions have very light triggers and decent hammers. IMO, he didn't even know he pulled the trigger, it was so light. Moron.

·
Administrator
13,014 Posts
Watching the video of his interview he said he pulled the hammer back all the way, without cocking, and just "let the hammer go". You don't need to pull the trigger. However, aren't the newer SA's designed with a transfer bar that prevents firing if you accidentally drop the hammer while cocking? Doesn't matter, he's still an idiot!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Yes, but. If it was a period piece, it might have had correct age models for the period. Can't remember the timing, but real Colts and SAA clones may have not transfer bars until the mid 1960's or so. Someone here will know.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Indeed. As I recall the clutch hydraulics were Girling. And Lucas Electrics were usually dubbed the 'Lord of Darkness'.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts