Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
59° here in Upstate NY this morning under once again clear starry skies. The high temperature for today is to get up to about 78° and be another beautiful day with no rain and al light breeze of about 6 mph.

Yesterday I didn't have that much luck fishing, I lost one walleye and missed another hit. They don't seem to be hitting that much for whatever reason. The bottom line, I had a wonderful day! Today my wife and I and a lot of the rest of the family will be going to my one Granddaughters Pinning. She will be graduating tomorrow morning as a registered nurse and already has a job waiting for her at a local hospital. She is going to work on the pediatric unit.

Save travels to all those heading for the reunion.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
63° here as I head out this morning. Sounds like you had a good day Georgeand congratulations to your granddaughter.
I was up late last night and again early this morning. Gotta go into work for a little while and then I’m heading to Somerset. My goal is to be there between 4-5 o‘clock but it all depends on how work goes.
Safe travels to those on the road.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 67, cloudy with rain in the area. High of 77 today, yesterday it hit 92. I stayed home and worked in the garage, got the car out and road ready. Wife and I took it for a ride in the evening.
I did something yesterday that I had not done in over 20 years, fire up a lead pot and cast some ingots. I have several large blocks of lead that won't fit the Lee pot, I need to figure out how to make the smaller.
Today is a road trip to Mankato.
Hopefully everyone has a great day,
Ken

·
Administrator
13,337 Posts
Sawzall Ken.

Good morning folks, from St. Albans WV, just west of Charleston.

Water Plant Sky Water resources Cloud

We left PA at 7pm and drove until 12:30. Found this park off a site ole Was sent me. Only 3 camping spots with hookups were full so we backed into a spot in the lot next to it without. I didn't sleep for shit. Kinda noisy, next to a road and train track. Police pulled 2 cars over in the lot right next to us. She was a cute cop though. 🙄 We're headed out soon as I get coffee and breakfast. Should be there by early afternoon.

Ole Bill M had some trouble yesterday. He won't be camping with us. He is planning on coming though. Truck ran off as he was getting ready ro hook the 5th wheel. Everybody is OK. Don't think anyone was in it.

First fill up for fuel in MD was $199 freakin dollars for 35.5 gallons. $5.62/ gallon for diesel. Well times are tough but some are finding new ways to gey by.

Joint Muscle Art Chest Trunk

See ya at Jackie's

Charlie

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
Good morning. Hitting the road soon. App says it should be near 80 by the time we arrive at Somerset. Safe travels!

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
morning all. 25 here with low 70s and only a 15mph breeze today, maybe a few days in a row before the wind rips again.
Worked on several things yesterday morning, got another sprinkler going, chores, cow water and watching. Then in the afternoon
I got another sprinkler serviced and ready to run today. I have some welding to do today, rebuilding a bridge for one sprinkler to cross
a concrete ditch. And maybe service another one.
Better move along. Wishing everyone traveling safety and a good time at the shoot. Prayers for those with health issues and others too.
Have a great FRIDAY and weekend.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Mornin boys...
Upper 50s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Morning starting out on the wrong foot for some of this establishment
this morning. Elijah going to school, Tucker to work,Sis to work, little monster
being the little monster she is...me chill'in...lol Got some of the guns loaded for and
using ammo thats been loaded for years fro the rest...it'll be what it is...im going to
have fun...😉 Not sure what time Me and Melissa will.get there but the rest will be
later today. You all traveling ... Be safe and see you there...have a.gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
61 and clear in the hollow this morning on the way to the mid 80s. I was up a couple hours early this morning as my bride had to be at the Nashville airport at 5:00. So, it's me and the westies until very late Sunday night. I have a new member orientation at the range later this morning so I'm about to pack up and get some rifles sighted in for the upcoming pd safari. Wish I could have made it to the reunion, but it just wasn't to be. I have a weekend full of honey dos and things in need to get done for the trip.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Brandon!!!

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Great morning, GoGo! It's 64 in Louisville, going to 87, but it won't matter to me because we're blasting off for Somerset in about an hour. Should put us at Jackie's around noon or 1. Might have to stop at the new Buc'ees near Richmond for gas and a brisket sandwich.

Got lots of pre-shoot odds and ends taken care of yesterday. I fired about 35 rounds last Sunday zeroing my Salvage, so I reloaded those rounds. I also put in a couple hours working on Miss Cindy's maple tabletop. It's coming along real nice.

I'm real excited to get to see the core of my "shooting family" today and tomorrow. Good people, good friendships, and good times.

Y'all have a good'n, safe travels, and remember to pray for our friends here, for our nation, and for Ukraine. Special prayers for those traveling to the BBB Reunion Shoot that takes place tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 72º and hazy here headed for the low 90's. We have a small chance for T'storms tonight and in the morning.

Yesterday was mostly a day of unpacking boxes and finding places to put stuff. This may be our theme for the next few weeks! Neither one of us can stand very long so we work a little and sit a little.

The Wife has an appointment with a Heart Dr this morning that I'll take Her to. We're still trying to fine out why Her Oxygen level won't stay up. The shelves and table that I ordered for my loading room are scheduled to be delivered this afternoon so maybe I can get my new loading room squared away tonight and over the weekend. Most will need assembly so I have my drill batteries charging!

We're slowly attracting a few birds at the new place. So far we've had Cardinals, Doves, Bluejays and Mocking Birds. And we had a Squirrel yesterday. We still haven't found all of our feeders.

Congratulations to George and his Great Granddaughter. Thats quite an accomplishment!

Prayers for those traveling, with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
GM from right down close to where the big event is taking place tomar.
I do hope to be there later today to bring Coyote George's scooter, but I have to corral and load some 400- 500# calves today and late afternoon. You never know if they are gonna "Get" ya or not. I don't have the best place to separate them..
Big Greenie was washed yesterday and Oil Changed. THAT sucker holds almost 4 gallons of Oil.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Motor vehicle

Now, it ain't SKRUSKE clean, it would take a week to doing That. But it's good to go for me.

Sledgehammer Rick took the new to me hay cutter apart and filled the gearbox heads with HiDollar Vermeer grease with the help of a.....Hammer. Space too confined to use an Impact wrench and the Nuts had Never been off before.

Plant Saw Wood Grass Tree

Y'all be safe today and may see some yall later if we survive the Damcows.

·
Registered
13,374 Posts
Good morning ggvg
Getting everything together to take to Jackie's this afternoon.
U'all have a great day and prayers sent
All the travelers be careful out there !

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Good morning crew.....nice morning here at the house. Shot some yesterday and need to load a few rounds. Still not sure when we are leaving and it may be early morning. I got the 6br sighted in at 300 and the .223 as well. Might even go back with a better rest for the .223 as it wobbled way to much on the Farley since the bag is for a 3in fore end.
Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Good Morning Everyone,
63 to a high of 67 cloudy chance of rain. Not much planned for today still unpacking resorting as time goes . The fog is rolling in off of the water and maybe one day the wind will lay down some.
I wish everyone a great time at the shoot I'm pretty much a home body and don't venture out to far from home now days . Wish you all safe trip to and from.
Everyone stay warm dry and safe.
HHH

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
You guys keep us ole home bodies informed on the shoot. Son texted earlier and his hunter filled his tag at 6:33 this morning. Nice….They are headed to wheeler, TX to meet up with another guide and his 2 hunters for lunch. He wants to go by Mike Bryant’s to drop of an action to have barreled (and swinging be here to get the Rem 7 in 260 (little redhead’s) to get threaded.
TinMan….thanks again for the youth stock. I’ll try to get a pic on here when we get it set up with all the bells and whistles. First thing she said when I showed it to her few weeks ago was “it needs a can”….lol

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Bruce, glad she likes it, and it fits her.

Saw my oncologist yesterday and my anemia had improved a bit. Still don't have much energy. Sounds like I will be getting more injections of that med every two weeks for a while.

Hope to get to mow this afternoon, in case it isn't too hot by then.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
8:30 here in Oregon
45° now and sunshine, freezing in my sweatshirt. Yesterday at this time I was in southern Mexico sweating like crazy.
I am envious of you guys at the shoot if my wife retires this fall I’m hoping to be there next year. Have a good one

1 - 17 of 17 Posts