Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
67° here in Upstate NY under partly cloudy skies, the stars are out though. The high temperature for today will be getting up to about 75°. It will be a mostly sunny day with a wiind of about 6 to 13mph. No precipitation forecast. There were tornado warnings out for my area late yesterday, but nothing happened here.

I misspoke yesterday when I said I had to get x-rays of my back, hips and legs. I actually had to get ultrasounds of them, I went and got that done now I have to wait to hear the results from my Dr. Nothing has changed with my MIL and it really getting hard on the family. I have to be on the road for a while today and it will help keep my mind off other things. Safe travels to and back for all that are traveling to Bruce's, I hope all have a good time and am awaiting a lot of pictures.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 76 going to 83 sunny skies. I had a lot of rain and lots of heat = lots of grass!! Hope to get that mowed this weekend. The I should be ready to finish the backstop and do some shooting. Prayers to all my friends here and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 58, clear and 81 later.
Yesterday, well it was different. I got loaded up and ready for the range when I could not find the range gate key. I looked everywhere and finally gave up. The day was cleaning and organizing. Scopes mounted, though not without challenges.
I found the range key late in the afternoon, it was on the truck key ring, where it should have been.
I had to make a trip to the gun shop for higher rings when I changed mounts on the M14.
I think I will statement and continue with the cleaning and organizing today.
Best to those who made it to visit Bruce, I really wanted to join them.
Ken

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Great morning folks,

Sunny & 63° with a really nice day in the waiting here near HalfwayUSA. Not quite 80° for the high today.

Corey's roof is done. The group of 6 of us kept up a fast pace and finished about 5:30pm. Next task on the project is to get the facia covering installed followed by blown in insulation. That will be done next week.

We lost power yesterday morning at 4:10am. The storms that moved across Wisconsin hit us hard in that early morning hour. Down pour doesn't describe the amount of rain we received in 15 minutes. Deluged and overwhelmed is a more accurate description. The radar signature from that storm was of an intensity I have never seen in this area before.

I got the generator set up with the freezer & refrigerator plugged in and ready before I left for Corey's. Debra Dearest handled things until power was back on about 9am.

I will be leaving shortly for another day with old hunting partner.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky. Of course the weather has been Hot...little Too hot with the amount of humidity in the air.
Yesterday was about a typical "Farming" day as it started off with This.

Tire Automotive tire Wood Tread Trunk

Yeah, I found a "Shed" the bad way. I will be a week or more before any Tire Repair people can get to it.
Well I have another Big Tractor so Big Greenie took to the hayfields with the New to Me hay bailer.
It has been working well until This...Swallered 3 Belts

Wheel Motor vehicle Plant Tree Wood

THAT put me out of business. Sledgehammer Rick got his buddies bailer and finished the last 21 rolls.
(I didn't even get a Photo of when I got Stuck in Mud and had to be pulled out)

Now I have to get either those 3 replaced or take ALL them somewhere to get them all done.???

"Loo-Ten-Tent" Jesse has been here and Raked all the hay last 2 days...couldn't make it without him. But he and girls are leaving today.
I do hope everyone has a Better day than I and gets to Smile at something..
@Bruce Eakins i think has put a Hex on me for not being able to come out.
More HAY to do after repairs.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Mornin boys...
69 here this morning high on RUGER Mt .
Got to tinmer in the building yesterday and stay out.of the heat.
It was 95 and felt over 100 about 5 yesterday evening.
Thanks to Bruce I had plenty to keep me inside.
Might bit the pawnshop this morning and then the building again.
You all have a golden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Administrator
13,431 Posts
Good morning folks. TGIF. It's 73 and only going to 92 today, then cooler for the weekend. No real plans, other than going to the drive thru with Sue on Sat if she gets tix. Top Gun and Jurassic Park. Bet it sells out. We'll see. I will also clean the boat up, check the bearings, etc. in case I decide to take it with me to Hatteras. Still not 100%. I'll be miserable without it though. Oh well. I worked late last night, had to get a gun shipped out, so I didn't get much done. Storms missed us in the afternoon, but about 9 pm we had a little one move thru. Lots of lightning ahead of it, no wind, just a downpour for about 10 minutes. I wish I'd have gotten the 'maters in the garden. Now it'll be too wet until Sat or Sun. I might have tomatoes into November, I'm so late this year. Truck is at the shop today, getting the bullshit DEF stuff fixed. Under a "service bulletin" so it will be free, except they'll charge me to take off and put back on the aftermarket running board. This is the 2nd time it's been in for this code. Last one was 4 years ago. I think if it goes again in 4 years, it'll go up for sale. I need to remember to pick up some lumber, if I can get out of here in time today before the lumber yard closes. Need a few deck boards to finish that task.

Better get moving, running late today. Prayers offered. Safe travels, and have a big ole time at the Hilton. Sorry I can't be there. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 81º and hazy here headed for the mid 90's. We will be under a heat advisory later today.

I took the Wife to get Her nails and hair done yesterday and I got a haircut while She was getting Her tuneup. I just told the girl that I part it on the left and do what She wanted. Its shorter than its been in 30 years! OK by me! Amazon delivered the floor protectors that I ordered for my loading bench yesterday afternoon. After I got them put under the legs I started moving stuff to the table. Scales, dies, case prep tools, ect.

Not sure what today holds yet. The Wife has to be at the hospital this morning for some scans but I don't know if they will admit Her today or not. We're waiting on a room to become available in ICU.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need. Still remembering Georges MIL & Family. Also for those traveling.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
75° here in OKC this morning. I drove longer than I had planned last night but that’s OK. By the time I have breakfast and get lost a couple times, I should be at Bruce’s late morning or early afternoon. I’ve never been out this way before and wish I had more time to see some of the sights. JR, you would feel right at home here.
Light Bottle Plant Drink Red

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
LOVE those Cracker Barrel breakfasts. Kinda kick back and relax by the window and read the paper.
You all be careful and don’t get too lost. I would hate to come find all 3 of you.
JR….put a tube in that tire and a patch and replace all the belts while your in the business or you’ll be doing them one at a time till they all get replaced. And be sure to leave at least one on the baler till you get the others replaced so you won’t t forget the pattern.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. At 8:15 a.m. it's 83 in Louisville and only going to 88 ... if you can believe that. Got a storm front coming in 2-3 hours, which I guess explains the temp moderating. This storm front has been producing 50 mph winds. Looks like the front is gonna pass south of Doug, but should hit TAJ's area before coming on over to Louisville.

Got some AR and Glock magazines delivered yesterday, which triggered a little organizing and inventory work. Standard capacity AR mags are still a bargain, so check your stash.

We had a shooting at one of Louisville's downtown parks by the river last weekend. No one killed, but six youngsters shot, including a 9-year-old. So, our lesbian police chief gets on TV, says her department takes full credit for the violence and adds that parents shouldn't be letting their kids run around at night unless the parents are with them. Then today the news team announces that one grown-ass male parent was in fact present and was one of the shooters. So much for the police chief's belief that parents could reduce the violence. Mark my words, this guy will get a slap on the wrist and no jail time. :rolleyes:

I guess some of the Bruce Bash participants will arrive at the Hilton today. Sure hope y'all have a big, big time. CarlP, I'm designating you as my proxy Josie hugger. Would love to meet the Lil' Redhead in person sometime.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for our friends here, for our nation, and for Ukraine. Special traveling mercies requested for the Hilton visitors.

Hair Hairstyle Cartoon Organ Human body

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
@Bruce Eakins you are correct on all counts. Again. (Linda, he's ALWAYS Right.)
Well, I took the 3 pulled apart belts to the New Holland Repair shop. Get This. They have NOONE working in the Shop on Friday. Saturday a half day maybe.
Pick them up Tuesday...Maybe.
The Big Tar will be a week away and it may have to be Vulcanized and that's 40 miles away and a big production.
I will be hauling Hay Balls out of the fields this weekend with Little Greenie who has Weights in Front also.
Lou-Ten-Tent and rug rats leaving today for Ft. Campbell.
Sure wish I was in Oklahoma Baling Hay.

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
Good morning everyone...81° here at the shop and humid as hell again. Yesterday inwas at the dairy again for longer than I wanted. Got slowed down on the feed mixer door. Towing company showed up and then a few minutes later the generator from the new dairy rolled in. Big sob with a D12 Volvo weighed about 12k lbs. They craned it off the trailer and set it in front of the door. Apparently it blew up, locked up or something just plain [email protected]#ked up and they have to rebuild it. Guess the power company called them a out rolling blackouts this summer....not good at a dairy!
Also got pics of this mess this morning which will probably be Mondays job.
Cloud Tree Sky Road surface Shade

The piece laying on the ground was welded to the neck. Been overloaded a few times and finally gave up the ghost. Should be fun.:rolleyes:....pretty much get to get what I want out of that job.
Have to get it done by Friday as we are leaving for Nevada then.
Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Morning all, 86 headed to 90,then thunderstorms today, hopefully cool down a few degrees. JR you need me to thin them deer out for you so that dont happen with your tractor tires. Hope Bills eye procedure went well. Got out yesterday and set 6 eggplants our and 3 peppers that the wife got out of the dumpster, they all look pretty good this morning. Sprayed the garden good for bugs, they were getting after my cabbage and my beans. If I work up the nerve to get out in the heat, my maind job is to shear the collie off good so he can cool down. You all have a good one, prayers for those that need them, Lightmans wife especially, Buff out.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Late to the party again, was 48 this morning, going to 90 or so today, with a chance of moisture...or dirt blowing.
Got chores done and sprinklers checked and started. Off to put two tires on one sprinkler... in the mud. Tire went flat while running
but don't have the right size so have to change out both tires on that tower.
Wish I was heading to the Hilton but just not in the cards this time.
Better get, prayers for those with needs and traveling.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
53° high of 59° maybe with rain all day. Welcome to western Oregon. I told our new pastor that summer doesn’t start here till July. BTW he was asked what he thought of Oregon and Portland. He said he was from an Austin suburb so it wasn’t a big shocker. He is loving the rain.
Bruce I sure wish I was there. Maybe when my wife is retired we can swing through your area. Our hope is to load the camper and hit the road when she does Retire.

Reactions: Bruce Eakins

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Good Afternoon
Little warm call for 97 degrees but humidity isn't bad yet.Its 90 at the moment. No bad at all if in shade. Irrigation guy just left thinking about installing a irrigation system in the yard .Grass is starting to burn up sandy soil. Not much planned for today besides trying to stay comfortable outside. Everyone have a great weekend and stay safe and enjoy your day.
HHH

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Late to the party again, was 48 this morning, going to 90 or so today, with a chance of moisture...or dirt blowing.
Got chores done and sprinklers checked and started. Off to put two tires on one sprinkler... in the mud. Tire went flat while running
but don't have the right size so have to change out both tires on that tower.
Wish I was heading to the Hilton but just not in the cards this time.
Better get, prayers for those with needs and traveling.
GOD BLESS. Dean
No picture...didnt happen.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Sky

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Ecoregion

Attachments

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Never fails pretty easy day wife cuts grass she loves it. She cut it off. Came in for lunch and went to start mower no go . Lots of safety switches I started it and mowing deck would not operate started checking fuses with ohm meter all tested good cleaned connections and reinstalled. Looking at the PTO switch I was going to clean the contacts I noticed where it had gotten hot . I had to grind the plastic down to get it out . After removing I could see where the connection had gotten warm and loose . Got on the phone found one in Richmond no one deals with Scags down here nothing but Greenies down here . 2 hours later I was in Richmond I have a hard time with A/C except at night and only then if it's muggy. Got to West Point the air temperature 🌡 was 100 . It was that all the way to Richmond these people must not be hurting to bad everyone had their A/C on but hardheaded me . Got the part got back and it's to late to work on it outside I'll have to splice 8 or 10 wires can't remember. Hopefully that is it . Not to bad it is a 2004 Scag Tiger Cub it's the first time I've ever had to do anything besides regular maintenance and battery replacement. I asked the shop what did there schedule look like he said at least a month out .😳. JR I purchased a Kubota mid size tractor to mow the 7 acres of grass we use to have. The tractor came new with 4 ply tires One trip around the yard the locust thorns flatten both front tires . Had to install 6 ply never anymore problems except when they started dry rotting I had install tubes 24 years later I still have the same tires on it. Wish me luck on the part I asked them if it was a way to test this switch I was told they didn't know.🤔.
Yep they wanted the Benjamins.
Charlie 64 was stop and go from Bottoms Bridge to West Point it was crazy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts