Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
70° here in Upstate NY this morning under fair skies, the high temperature for today is going to get up to about 81°. It will be a nice sunny day with a slight chance of some rain and a mild wind today.

Yesterday was a day spent at home getting somethings caught up around here. I got the lawn mowed in the afternoon after it dried out and I also trimmed everything. Today I am mulling over the idea of going up to the gun club and do some shooting. I have been up there enough lately but haven't done any shooting in quite some time now.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 61 clear and high of 79. Range trip went well yesterday, Mauser 22 needs a better front sight, the one that is on its is too fine too see. The Browning T Bolt shot very well. I need to bed the action.
Today is garage sales.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
morning all. 49 with a slight chance of rain later, high near 80.
Worked in the shop all day yesterday, got the Case IH swather out and it went to the field for a short run of about 30 yards and
a bearing on another cutter box went out, so it's in the shop again.😖.
I did get a few minutes time to get the twisted off drive shaft off the old Peterbuilt stacking truck.
Will work on the NH swather this morning, NH guy brought the parts last night for it.
Have a happy FRIDAY and hope it's a good one for ya.
Prayers for those in need and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 68 going to the 80's with a flash flood warning but the sun is shining ???? Only thing on the agenda today is it's my sister's BD and I'm taking lunch to her. She's recovering from knee surgery and not getting around good yet. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Administrator
12,493 Posts
Morning folks. It's 72 and sunny here, not quite as humid this morning, but going to be a hot one at 94 or better. Another good day to work in the AC. I had to close at the gun shop last night, wasn't too busy but had to wait on a PICS check, so got out a little later than I wanted. Went to a local brewery for a coworker's book signing event. Big boss lady was buying so I had a couple a high test Hazy IPA's. Yum. This particular brewery makes the best hazy's. Not at all piney like the west coast IPAs sometimes are. Only trouble is they're 8-10% alcohol. You have to be careful with them. Ask me how I know...

Well it's Friday...we made it. Need to get some things done here today, not sure the weekend plans yet. Perhaps we'll have a grandbaby delivered? We shall see. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 73º and cloudy here headed for the upper 80's with slight chances of rain in the afternoon.

Yesterday was another day of hauling stuff away from my buddies old deer club. I think that finished it up? Maybe........ A couple of refrigerators, freezers, gym lockers, ect. There was a big bowl of old ammo that I'm excited about looking through!

Todays plan is to check a pond at the Doctor's place that we're having trouble getting drained. Then we'll load a levee disc and a water furrow plow on my trailer and take them to my Son's place. My buddy is heading to the Lake when we get finished so I'll have the weekend free. Yea............. Maybe!

Prayers offered for our members having health problems, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Mornin boys...
Looks like it's 66 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Slep in this morning and needed it. Had a hot day yesterday and
it made it seem like it was 15 hours instead of 10. Dr changed my
old Author meds and I think it may be helping. Hands work a little better
when I wake up. Don't know what I'll get into today...you all have a
golden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
27 Posts
69 and overcast, high is said to be around 85. It was sprinkling yesterday at 0500, kept it up all day off and on till 1800. Sun came out and it got sticky right before dark. Hope we keep a breeze all day or it will get nasty.
County fair is going on. Don’t know if they shut it down or folks just stayed home. No cars in the parking lot North of me. Maybe the thumping bass machine got wet and shorted out. The thing is a 1/4 mile away from my house and you can feel it. Dunno about the rest of the “cranky ole farts” around here but I hate the thumping crap. Music.........
This particular fair is pretty poor from what it was just a short 20-25 years ago. Judging is pretty easy as the animal numbers are way down.

Will see if I can make it through the day with out any difficulty.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
You have A/C problems, Charlie? How about these folks?
Oak Park is a suburb on the north side of Eight Mile Road, on the border of Detroit.
We have 65 degrees with a promise of only 71 for a high. All the rain and storms are south of us unless another front pushes northward.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
TGIF, GoGo! And even better for me, because I start vacation today. Whoopee! It's already 80 at 9 a.m., going to 85. About a 50% chance of storms this afternoon.

"Apple Butter Bill" McMurry called last night and we talked a bit. I posted a pic of his new granddaughter over in the separate thread. He sure sounded tickled. We talked about friendships made here on the GoGo board and at the matches held at Jackie's in Somerset, and we agreed with Doug's idea that we need to get together somewhere soon, even if it's only for a potluck and long BS session to catch up with one another.

Gotta get out and get the maters and other outdoor stuff watered up, cause with the rain coming mostly as brief downpours, there's no guarantee any one person's yard will get even a drop. That's how it's been lately.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe out there, and thank you for lifting up prayers for ol' KF. They're helping more than you could possibly know.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Boom! boom! fram n slam!!! Yeah, when one of those is at a traffic light, they make my liver quiver. Old guys, like me, have been fussing about this generation's music for centuries. Cher said it: "The beat goes on."
It is warmer than usual for this hour and no breeze but the patio is secure. No rain for 2 days but they think later we'll get back to wetting things down.
Exercise morning. Joy of joys.
Son's half hour talk went well I've been told.

I've asked the guy 2x now how the small Kimber .45 runs, quirks....awaiting shipment after he returns from vacation.....crickets.

Need to get the tractor out and run it through its paces to purge the hydraulic line. After that? Dinah will think of something, I'm sure. Tom out

·
Registered
9,776 Posts
Good morning all. Supposed to rain most of the day in Indy. It's raining right now and Accuweather says "Rain starting in 30 minutes". My outdoor activity has been walking from the truck to the door of the pancake joint and back. Looks like a day for brass processing, more 9mm loading, and a nap. Golf is rained out.

AC units? Around here they don't steal 'em. They disconnect hoses and snort whatever comes out!

Have a good day.

• Wow
Reactions: JRinKY

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Morning all, 83 headed to 85, but I predict it will get hotter. Took my portable AC unit in to get it running, compressor wont kick on. Guy seemed to think it will be a easy fix, said it would be ready about noon,sure will be nice to have AC in the shop. Turned a cylinder pin on the lathe yesterday for a old Revolver, got it right the first time, I had not used my lathe much for awhile. I am continuing to sort thru the plunder I bought the other day, keep finding odd treasures. After I get my AC home and hooked up, I need to finish spraying weeds today, it will be good and hot, so chemical should work well. You all have a good one, prayers for those that need them, Buff out.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Charlie….prayers for that soon-to-arrive grandchild
45TAJ….I have one of those Kimbers like your talking about. I love it and have never had any problems with it
Kermit… be careful with those new meds. A friend of mine “several” years ago had RA. Had been married around 3-4 years and no kids, so they adopted a girl. His Dr changed his med treatment and they shelled out 3 kids…Boom, Boom, Boom. Told me he figured the old meds was the problem. I told him it seemed to me the new meds were the problem…….

Anyway….I guess i need to go see Mike Bryant again, ”i think” I have purchased 2 Defiance Actions abs an older rem 700 action. All three are SA 308 bolt have. Probably have him barrel to 6mm creed and stock them and put on some good glass. Son said could probably clear 500 each on them this fall. Guess we’ll find out. Paid 1800 for the three. Also bought 2 Bergara Premier Approach’s one 6.5 creed and one 6 creed. Too much free time yesterday. Ended up with about 1200 each in them.

I don’t remember if I had shown this to you guys or not. I told you all that son used to work with Mossy Oak, and had a TV hunting show for 3-4 years. Anyway they still come out and film about 3 times a year. We Booked the lodge a month or 2 ago for 8 hunts this fall. 8 hunters, 4 cameramen, a chef, and 3-4 others to sit and watch. Gonna be wild for awhile. Here is a pic they took last year and used in an ad they did for Walmart. This year Academy Sports is footing the bill.

the little redhead’s claim to fame.

Prayers for our Country , Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
842 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
Good morning everyone....snuck in before noon anyway. A little cooler today but still humid and sticky. I got my sten mags yesterday and brought them to the shop today and made the filler block with the mag catch slot in it. I pulled the firing pin and cycled about 8 rounds through the mag now just to go live fire it.

I need to take another transmission up to the shop the other one got water in it and he wants a better valve body to use so I'll take it off the engine and run it up there in a bit. Not much getting done so far today to make money but I'm knock out a few projects.

Have a good day!

·
Administrator
1,853 Posts
Yea, it is Friday. 74* and on the way to 82. High clouds are filtering the Sun, and it is sure humid. Got about 3 1/2 inches of rain last night, in heavy storms.

As most of you know I went under the surgeons knife a couple of weeks ago, so haven't been hanging around here much. Went back to visit him and get the bandage off after being there for almost two weeks. Was able to take a good shower this morning and take my first doses of RA meds in three weeks. Got several screws and a couple of rods put in where they remove a bunch of bone from some vertebra to clean up the bone spurs and such from the damaged area. Doing pretty good now, hardly any pain and even it, is getting less all the time.

Hope to be spending a lot more time here, now that I am feeling better. Prayers up for the people on here that might need them and for this fabulous country which needs all the help it can get. God watch over all of us, and
god Bless America.

PS. Lost this once, don't really know how I got it back, but posting it quick.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts