Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
66° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, the high temperature for today will be up to about 81°. It will be a mostly sunny day with a 20% chance of rain later this afternoon, the mild breeze we will have a of about 3 to 8mph.

Yesterday I was able to take it easy for the most part, I got work caught up here along with the paperwork. Last night we had a Steering Committee Meeting getting ready for our Membership Appreciation Day coming up. Today I will be going up to help mow the club grounds.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 66, clear and 77 for the high.
Yesterday I spent a good deal of range time while wife was with her family. I had four rifes to shoot for zero. Good times. 3 hours in the sun was enough.
Today it's back to the yard work. Bushes to trim and mowing.
Hope everyone has a great Friday,
Ken

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
73° here this morning and some guys here at work said it was raining when they left home but my place was dry as can be. Went trapshooting with my son and brother-in-law again last night. I‘m getting worse and the numbers prove it. Not a lot going on this weekend. Work tomorrow, followed by a graduation party and then a little more trapshooting on Sunday. Somewhere along the line, 22 rifles will be fired and grass will be mowed. If it ever cools down, firewood will be split and stacked.
Prayers up for board members in need. Even if you think you don’t need them, you probably do. Wishing safe travels and good adventures to those on the road. Make it a good day.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
morning all. 50 and wet...for here anyway. Going to around 70 today with more rain possible.
Wind blew all day yesterday and held the big showers out of here, but other parts got it good, saw on facebook where
a kid was kiyaking in the City Market parking lot in town. Haven't checked the rain gauge yet this morning but was raining
when we went to bed.
Worked on my FILs pickup yesterday, got it ready to roll again, just need some wiper blades now. Also drained the oil on
one of the diesel motors that we have on a well/ sprinkler set up where there in no electric power.
Will finish the service on that today when it's not raining.
Better get around, have a great FRIDAY and be safe. Prayers for those with health problems and others.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Heinz 57 degrees here now and looking to hit 80 today with no rain. The city of Yale is having their Bologna Festival this weekend-no balcony. A number of the candidates for next week’s elections will be there. I have a couple I want to get into their ear. It won’t change anything but at least they’ll know how I feel. Some of the feed back will be good.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 66 going to 80 supposed to dry down, humidity that is. Thanks for all the comments on case lube options, I will check those out. Time to head outside. Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
14,098 Posts
Mornin boys...
71 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Last Friday off for awhile. Boss wanted all of us to work today
but I think only 4 said they'd work. It's not lime it was really something
important or all of.us would have worked. He works 7 days a week because its the only
thing in life he has to do. But most of his work is running around making work for us...
Not like we aint already got more than we could ever do. Nuff of that...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Good Morning Everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake.78 headed to 89 with showers likely this afternoon. Got a few lite showers yesterday evening. Not sure what today holds in the plans time will tell . Everyone have a great day and enjoy your weekend. HHHI was trying to snap a picture of the rain and sun out both .It almost looked like snowing in the summer.
Plant Tree Natural landscape Branch Wood
Plant Tree Leaf Sky Natural environment

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
Good morning folks and TGIF! It's 72 here, only going to 82 with rain on the way. May be a wet one today and tonight. We need some rain. Last night I worked at the gun shop a bit, then hit the store on my way home and picked up four chuck roasts. They all hit the smoker shortly after I got home and were finished up, pulled and ready to eat by 11PM. But I suspect my temp probe is off...damn things all showed 205º or better, but none of them wanted to "pull". They were downright tough and I fought them all. The fats weren't congealed like usual. I'll need to try to remember to check it with a different probe and/or the boiling water method.

Think I'm going to burn some time today and leave early. Big weekend ahead. Big 1 year old's birthday party at my daughter's. I need to throw the camper on the truck and start packing. I also need to make a run south of the Mason Dixon to MD for fuel where it's $0.20 a gallon cheaper. Our prices are still WAY higher than most everywhere.

Well I'm not getting anything done here blabbing. Gotta run. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 75º and cloudy here with rain. The high will be close to 90.

Yesterday was mostly taking the Wife to Her hair appointment and nail appointment. Last night we drove over to Conway to a feed that our financial adviser put on. It was a pretty nice restaurant and the Prime Rib I had was pretty good.

Todays big event will be driving the Wife to a Doctor's appointment. No plans after that.

Prayers for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Woke up to thunder and rain this morning. Hope it lasts about 3 days. Supposed to have a high today of about 80*. That sure beats the 105 we’ve been having.
Son got relieved from fire duty about 6 last night. I guess they’ve about got a handle on it as they sent about 1/2 of them home.
So much for the 3 days of rain….it’s quit for now. Radar shows rain going north of us about 10-15 miles.
I misplaced my media polish somewhere, so ordered some from Amazon yesterday. Always out of something around here. Maybe if I spent a day cleaning up my reloading area I could find something when I need it. 😵‍💫

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Good morning all. Running a little late here. It's 72 on the southside of Indy heading for 81. Pretty pleasant day to be doing whatever. I'm not doing it whatever it is, though. However, I've got potential. That is, there are things that could be done but there's always that. If I did 'em all, then what? I did change a load of brass in the tumbler from 9MM to .204 so it's not like I'm doing nothing. Last night was Mex night and Julie's shooting buddy brought a bag of brass she'd picked up at the indoor range. About 100 pieces of 9MM. Now I've got two danger wimmens bringing me brass. Don't think I'll ever catch up. If that doesn't keep me busy enough, I've just about got all the pieces/parts necessary to start loading .45 ACP too. Liking the Glock 21 a lot (thanks Justin ;)) but I didn't really need another caliber to reload. Certainly not one that requires large primers!

Guess I'll look around for something to do. The gun shop opens in a half hour. Carl's mention of .22 rifles reminded me I don't have a .22 rim fire bolt gun. That could be considered unacceptable. Traded the only one I had for a Ruger Single Six convertible. No telling what might happen next.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Never got to the barber's yesterday, a haircut will be on the agenda again today.

Saw the Cooper's Hawk in the back yard again, this time about 30 up in one of the the big Hemlock trees. Then heard a big whop, and another Cooper's Hawk smacked into our windows about knocking itself silly. After a second or two, it flew up in the same tree about 10 feet lower than the first. So I sat and watched the pair for maybe 10 or fifteen minutes. The larger bird sat in the sun preening itself and looking around and the smaller one preened a bit, but just sat there gathering its wits.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Morning all, 73 headed to 82 for a rainy high today. Lots of flooding, rock slides and mud slides in Eastern Ky. They got 11 inches of rain in 8=9 hours, no where for it to go but down the narrow valleys where folks live over there. Some deaths, and folks missing. Took mom to her Docs appointment yesterday, and took her to KFC for lunch, her favorite place to eat out. Got home about 1:30, took a trailer and got a new folding jack welded on it, and put 2 heavy duty tires, 6ply on it for hauling the Ranger on it. Came back home, worked on some guns and that was about it for the day. You all have a good one, prayers for those on the board and E KY and W VA, and our country, Buff out.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
GM from the sticks of Kentucky where it is Not raining HERE. We missed the BIG rain and flooding in the East of us. The region is Very hilly with small narrow valleys...where the People live....the only FLAT land.
When it rains about a Foot, you see the results. 15 Dead and counting.

Useless Info for you:
When the Rain Starts, COWS head for higher ground. People ain't that smart.

Sam, KFC is probably my favorite place to eat also, but I can't afford the fancy places.. which I might like better. Gifted Deerburger on the Lunch menu today.

Judy Brown is in Clarksville Tn again on a mission and I am "on vacation."
Not much farm work going on here as the weather is not suitable.
Francisco, that bologna festival sounds good to me. Wonder if they FRY any.

Folks, if you are going to Chicago to the Lollapalooza Music Festival and Riots, the city leaders advise you to Test the Illegal Drugs you buy before ingesting them. Free test kits for Fentanyl and Narcan is available on site. (You can't make stuff like this up.)
Natural Selection will prevail.
And be sure to "Social Distance" (last years crowd)
Asphalt Tar Event Fan Soil

Sunglasses Glove Eyewear Event Fun

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Doug……NOBODY should be without good bolt action 22 lr. Find yourself a nice CZ and go for it. Julie will like it too

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Good morning everyone. nice morning out so far and only headed to 79 or so they say. Hopefully we get out to look for some coyotes tonight. We are going to hit some mowed pastures and waterways and see if any dumb pups make it to us if plans don't change. Supposed to go get a haircut after work as well. I was going to load some .308 last night but got lazy after I ate and TV felt like the better thing to do at the time.

Doug look for 45acp with small primer pockets...it's out there but not sure how available it is. I run across some of it when picking up range brass.

The other stone box got dropped off yesterday and it don't need too much work on it this time and also the semi with the rusty frame got dropped off last night at some point too so there's plenty to do this weekend if I want. I also found out a bunch of parts that Tony makes got ordered so there's another big batch of parts that need done next week as well.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
9,520 Posts
A wunnerful Good Morning from south of Doug and north of KFish.
A high overcast, kinda muggy, no breeze on the patio. I was in the shop last night loafing and a shower came through. .2" to add to the week's 3.5. We would surely loan you half of that Bruce, Dean.
Only thing doing today is second Cvid shot for the Aug Alaska cruise.
Some Black Hole 62s arrived yday. They should work pretty good through the FDC 22PPC. Garage door is up, Dinah sez time to go. Tom out.

Reactions: Bruce Eakins
1 - 20 of 22 Posts