Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
67° here in Upstate NY under mostly cloudy skies this morning, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 84°. After the fog gets burnt off it will be a sunny day with a 60% chance for some showers.

Yesterday I was able to spend the day at home, I got some tasks that I wanted to do done. I got some old computers, and other misc. items ready to go to a pickup day tomorrow. My neighbor is going to take them for me as he has stuff to get rid of also. On the agenda for today is going to the gun club to setup and get ready for our Membership Appreciation Day Tomorow.

Prayers for all in need of them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 68 getting to 80. Looks like garage sales are the days activities.
Yesterday I was able to run over to Cabelas without supervision. I found a vintage Stevens 22 rifle, of course it followed me home. Another project.
Last evening we drove to Faribault and rode with the old car club around town. Supper at A &W followed.
Hope everyone has a great Friday,
Ken

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
Good morning. 71 heading for 82 with a chance of rain in Indy. Got stuff to do today. Sportsman’s Warehouse, doctor visit for Shirley, indoor range for .45 load testing, who knows wgat else.

Running a bit late. Have a good day.

Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Sterner.

Reactions: Bruce Eakins

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
morning all. 53 with mid 80s and only a 50% chance of rain. Didn't get any here at the house but south a mile got a good one.
Also good rain on the mountain, ran water thru town!!!
Sprinkler work yesterday, had one come apart between the booster pump and the sprinkler, ran alot of water down the county road.
Got it all put back together and now have to wait for the pump motor to dry out before starting it again... several days for that.
More sprinklers to start up again this morning, even with the little showers it still gets dry.
No p-dogs again yesterday, just don't take time to whack them.
Happy anniversary Charlie and Sue. Have a great day!
Prayers for those with issues and others.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
466 Posts
Good morning - same old same old here weather and everything. I hope to do some shooting today, if it doesn't rain on me. Happy Anniversary to Charlie and Miss Sue may it be a great day too remember. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Great morning folks,

69° with some overcast and humid here near HalfwayUSA. 86° for the high with sunshine later.

The truck & camper got unloaded in shifts. It was hot & humid and after enjoying dry hot Montana, I have to acclimate to humid again. Guns are stacked up in the office to clean.

I'm headed to old hunting partner's place to catch up on chores & run errands with him.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Ready for a nap already. Got up at 4am to make a run to the airport, which was uneventful. Wife is making a run to Kalifornia to visit our son. I hope the aviation industry cooperates. No real plans for the day except a run to the post office. Happy Anniversary to Charlie and Sue.

·
Administrator
13,546 Posts
Good morning folks. TGIF. It's 72 here, going to 90 maybe, with T-storms. We had some showers and storms roll thru yesterday afternoon and evening and maybe thru the night as well. Much needed rain for my grass and food plot I just over-seeded. Worked at the shop last night. Was really busy. I made 2 keys, sold a 1/4 lb of nails, a box of 308 and set of MagPul BUIS in 2 hours. Hardly worth what they pay me...and that's not much! One of these days I'll pull the plug on that job. It's getting old...and so am I.

Thanks for the well wishes. It's been 16 years since she dragged my ass out of the deer stand onto the alter. It's been worth it though.

Plant Military camouflage Leaf Tree People in nature

Well my work isn't doing itself so I need to get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

And a funny for today. Can't wait until the US is energy independent!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Good morning everyone from the shores of the bay. 76 headed to 91 with another day with excess of 100 ° heat index. Possibly a shower just a spit for about 10 minutes last night.
Not much on the agenda for today most everything is caught up for now.
Everyone have a great day and stay safe and comfortable enjoy your day.
Happy Anniversary Charlie and the Mrs.
HHH

·
Registered
7,344 Posts
Good morning and TGIF, GoGo! It's 75 in Louisville, going to 81 with 94% humidity. Windows are "steamed up," so I have no idea if it's foggy. Probably just condensation on the windows.

We've had all kinds of flash flood alerts this week and are currently under one, but I don't think we've had a tenth of rain here at my house. I don't know where the rain is going, but it's not at my place.

Congratulations to Sue and Charlie on their anniversary. I can't say their names without it bringing to mind a catfish restaurant that was a landmark on Kentucky Lake from 1949 to 1979. The place was named Sue & Charlie's and their trademark was a huge, colorful fiberglass cartoon catfish that sat out by the highway. I couldn't find a photo of that old catfish, but I did Google up a matchbook from the place.
Rectangle Font Material property Wood Gas

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and remember to pray for our friends here and for our nation.

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
GM from the bustling town of Seiverville Tennessee...a paradise for wimmen who love to shop. There are 3 stores here in the whole area for Menfolks unless you are into Antiques.
Hwy 127 Yard Sale is minus a couple their mainemainers, characters this weekend The Skruske and DD.
Cat Vertebrate Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Carnivore

This is not Caturday yet but this is an escaped Serval cat from Marshall county Ky who found an unlocked door. $2,000 reward.
Happy Anniversary to Charlie Sterner and Miss Sue.
Heading outta town ASAP.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
You’re a lucky man, Charlie. She saved you from…..well, whatever it was you were doing. And now our anniversary is around the corner. We’ve been re-arranging the basement and I may have some unobtanium bullets for sale. Film at eleven.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Hope all you old married folks had a good day on your day.
Survived the infusion and son’s driving yesterday. Was wore out when got home. Slept pretty good and better today.
Have a funeral in Cheyenne at 10 am and meet daughter in Elk at 1 to trade vehicles with her. I trade every 2 years and always give her the 2 year old and trade her 4 year old in on wifey’s new one.
Anyway ordered the new one in October and it finally came in.
Later
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
70 with clouds and a light rain shower in the hollow. Should make the upper 80s with thunderstorms in the forecast. Seems like I must have done something yesterday, but other than a visit to the chiropractor, I don't recall much of importance. Tarcila is off to retrieve the Grandson for the day and will be back shortly. The dogs are keeping me company. I think the most urgent thing I need to do today is get things together for the Tennessee State UBR Championship. Attendance has been down this season for all the obvious reasons, but according to those who have notified me, we should have the best crowd of the year. Looks to be 35-40 rifles competing. Happy Anniversary to the Sterners, Roberts and Carters. All you guys did better than your wives. I have a couple of milestones next month as well, 75years on the planet and 40 years married to the same tolerant woman.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Brandon!!!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 84º and cloudy here on the beach and not expected to get much warmer. Its been a great week here weather wise. The temps have been comfortable and the rain that was forecast for all week didn't bother us very much.

Yesterday wasn't much different than the rest of the week. Hang out at the beach, eat, drink and be merry. The couple that we were expecting made it here about mid morning and hung out with us. They have had an addition to the family since we've seen them last, a beautiful little girl! Before Covid they would come up and stay with us during Duck season and we've been down there a couple of times Turkey hunting. Just a really nice young couple about our youngest Son's age.

Today is more of the same. Hang out on the beach, eat, drink, watch the scenery, ect!

Happy Anniversary to Charlie and Ms Sue. I hope y'all have a great day, and many more.

On a personal note, the Wife seems to be doing great. Except for the ride down here tiring her out She has gotten some rest and has really been enjoying the family.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, especially those going through Chemo, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Morning all, 76 headed to 85,, Thunderstorms on tap and flash flooding the next 3 days. Had to run errands for mom yesterday, and a couple for myself, took the better part of 4 hours, got groceries for mom the last thing. All our local stores that have grocery items, are short several. Wal Mart only had a small section of coffee, and 6 cans of Folgers in the whole store. I follow several channels on Youtube, about being self sufficient, not real die hard preppers. All of them all across the country, are reporting severe shortages on coffee, deli meats such as ham, turkey cold cuts etc. Several reports in Utah, California, Arizona, Oregon, Colorado, and east in KY,Tennessee., Alabama, Mississippi, Florida with frozen food freezers and fresh beef, chicken, and pork being very little to no fresh meat, limiting customers to one pack of any type of meat. Also more and more stores are hiring armed security officers to stop theft. This has been ongoing, but getting worse the past 2 years, before Covid started. It was more prevalent in small towns, independent grocery stores, but now is showing up in Walmart and Krogers now. A word to the wise, stock up on basics, canned goods, coffed, flour, corn meal and dried beans and rice, while you still can. Enough gloom and doom, you all have a good one, Prayers for those that need them, Buff out.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Happy Anniversary Charlie!
Another pleasant day with a high of 85° and low humidity is on the way. Not much going on today just cleaning and packing getting ready to sell. This is the house we really want to put an offer on, but not sure we can swing it for cash. 1,400 square feet, only 2 bedroom, but has two bathrooms. It is in perfect shape not a thing needs done to it. Both garages have the walls lined with cabinets. it is walking distance to both of our kids houses and town. There is the Silver Creek and a walking path into town one block over. I know prices are crazy but this area is high even by our standards. The are asking $540,000 for it and will get it.
Cloud Sky Plant Property Building

Head Eye Vertebrate Felidae Plant

the other picture I think is photo shopped, but JR I think this has the best of both for you, a cat and a dead coyote or something like it. 😜

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,546 Posts
holy cow, that's a $300k house about anywhere else. Sue's been looking at condo's/vacation homes in VA Beach area. Almost as bad as yours. We can't swing another mortgage on a $400k house along with what we have now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts