Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
55° here in Upstate NY this morning under mostly cloudy skies along with fog, the high temperature will be getting up to about 66° with a 20% of rain showers today.

Yesterday I spent the day at home, a customer brought me a laptop that had gotten hit by a bad virus. I thought for a time I would have to reload the OS on it but I was able to get it cleaned out finally. I had paperwork that I had been putting off that I got done so it was a productive day. I am not sure what is going to happen today, I may have to be on the road for awhile.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
105 Posts
TGIF morning to all 48 going to 76 almost perfect day. I'm heading out to seal off bee entrance on a block wall, they nest in any crack that appears. Then a Dr. appointment, just my luck that it happens on such a nice day. Be safe and enjoy. Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 56, clear and 81 later. Planning to get more research writing done. Yesterday I spent the morning tearing down a rifle and photographing it for a discussion on rimfire central. I took the Swiss 96/11 shooting with cast boolits in the afternoon. All went well.
Hoping everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
A brisk 57° here in the northern Bluegrass on the last official day of my vacation. Spent a big part of yesterday moving some firewood. it was only 72°, the humidity was low and it almost felt like I was still in Colorado. Getting ready to head out crappie fishing with my son this morning. My brother-in-law invited me to go with him tomorrow and I think we may try somewhere else on Sunday. It has been a great vacation so far, and looks like it could even get better.

·
Registered
13,433 Posts
Mornin boys...
52 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Sure would be a.good morning to smell smoke in
squirrel woods. Tucker got 6 after work yesterday, 5 grays
and 1 Fox squirrel. Said he left several still cutting on his way out.
Elijah called and said his car wouldn't start last nite so I had to go jump it off
and didn't get in bed til after midnite. May take off early today and get a battery.
Got our first home game tonight...getting too old for these late nites...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
morning all. 41 with a high of around 90 and less smoke today. Got almost 90 yesterday, just to hot for here... anytime.
Baled hay for a while yesterday morning, but without much dew it got too dry before we could finish the field, will get it today.
Worked on sprinklers most of the afternoon. Water is getting short so have to keep turning them off and waiting for the ponds to
build up then turning them back on. Will really be glad when they are all off for the winter.
Have a happy FRIDAY, prayers for all with health issues and other problems.
GOD BLESS. Dean

Oh, I whacked another coyote with the 17hmr yesterday, some are so dumb they just need killin'.

·
Administrator
12,657 Posts
Morning folks. It's 59 with a chilly breeze this morning and only headed to 76. Fall is in the air. Peppers were a hit at the office yesterday. Coworker got pizza to share. Had a nice group lunch. New young buck outta college decided he'd eat a raw jalapeno since mine "weren't hot at all". After about a minute of the first bite he was sweating and even the whites of his eyeballs were red. We all died laughing.

Ole dementia Joe is hard at it pushing the vax. Now ALL Federal employee must get it OR BE FIRED and private companies with more than 100 employees to require workers to be vaccinated or tested weekly (of which I am). "This is NOT about FREEDOM or personal choice" he said. Yes he actually said that!!! We are losing our freedoms left and right here. Somebody needs to grow a pair of balls and do something.

Enough of that...gotta get to work. Still piled up from being out earlier in the week. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Great morning folks,

53° and somewhat cloudy here near HalfwayUSA. 74° with a chance of rain before noon.

3 hours of yard work got rid of the neglectful looking parts. ;) I finished up the 'pantry' in the new camper. I built it so it could be easily removed to still allow access to the plumbing and electrical parts.

Last part of the day was spent teaching my niece to drive a 4sp transmission. It went exactly as expected. (y) She stalled just one time, jerked to a rolling start a few times, gradually got the hang of it all in a church parking lot. Then we set out on the road. Up & down the gears from a stop...another 'lesson' this evening & she should be adequate enough to get in something else.

I'm heading to old hunting partner's place this morning. I'll take him for a ride out on the wooded back roads so he can tell me about the places he used to partridge hunt...again.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
It is going to be cloudy and cool today. 63° now with a high of 66°, I’ll take it.
Scott we need more people in the world like you. The time you spend with your old hunting partner amazes me. Not a lot of people would that. My wife’s mom and step dad lived with in walking distance of us and it consumed our days and weekend at times, but our girls had grandparents that they have a lot of good memories with.
Not much going on today. I’ll swing by the job sites this morning, that is about it. I still am not up to speed from all the kidney stuff but getting there.
i did have a little excitement the other day. I was driving with a good friend on Tuesday for about an hour. Wednesday we were to go to lunch but he said he was not feeling good at all. He got test for Covid. It came back negative, and he was feeling better Thursday.

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
Good morning everyone....nice and cool again this morning at the shop. Looks like work will be on the agenda all weekend. I got it piled up now....seems as soon as everyone hears I got a decent size job to do with a tight deadline they decide they need their stuff done as well and need it right away too. One guy has told me he was bringing parts for a while now and just showed up with them yesterday and now needs them right away. :rolleyes:
Gonna be some upset people because some of them are going to be waiting!
I have a RWS Diana model 36 .177 air rifle that the wifes uncle owned. It's an 1986 it appears form the stamp on it. It has a RWS 4x scope as well. I sighted it in at 25yards at the range the other day and going to try it out on some birds at the dairy soon. I'll probably try to buy it even though the front sight is missing and there was a few rust spots on one side of the barrel.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
We’re getting back to the grind of real day to day living now after a coupe weeks on the road. Ken, I waved to you as we went by your place while on I-90 the other day but you didn’t wave back. You were bent over a pile of metal and sparks were flying so you probably didn’t see me. A guy sent us a bolt for a MacMillan .50 caliber rifle that he needs an action wrench for and the surest way to get the fit right is to send us the bolt. He insured it for $1000.00 and the cost was $32.00 to send it and it cost the same to send it back after we got the dimensions we need off of it. We have grocering to do today to fill the larder.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Good Morning from the 🌞 E side of the Chesapeake . Beautiful morning 65° to a high of mid 70's .
Headed to Sabine Hall around 2:00 pm . The new 6BR looks like it will be ready to head to Florida this year. Last week he inletted the Wheeler LRB stock , last night he chambered , timed the barrel and installed the Mike Ezell tuner . Then he assembled everything to double check everything before sending stock to be painted . Once painted he will glue the Bat Drop Port in . What a shame the bedding looks great. Wish everyone a great weekend and be safe .
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle part Tread
Household hardware Machine tool Tool Nickel Composite material
Gas Composite material Tints and shades Engineering Font
Automotive tire Product Automotive design Automotive exterior Wood
Window Wood Office supplies Flooring Floor

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
TGIF, GoGo. It's 61 in Louisville, going to 80. I think the overnight low was around 57. Should be a gorgeous early fall day. Shame I won't be able to get out and enjoy it to the max. Soon. Soon. :)

We spend a fair amount of time here grumbling and grousing about interacting with government employees, and rightfully so. With our local Social Security offices shut down for COVID, I found a phone number a couple of months ago and set up a phone meeting to file for my SS benefits. In the meantime, several of you told me to relax and just do it online, advice that I appreciated. So, yesterday I hadn't filed online and the phone rang about 10 minutes after the appointed time for my phone meeting with SS. I went ahead and answered, planning to tell the person we could cancel because I had decided to file online. Lo and behold the woman on the other end of the line was so pleasant that I decided to stay on. She spent just over an hour with me, answering questions without trying to deflect me, and acting as if I was her only call for the day, which I'm sure wasn't the case. I ended up getting my benefits set up and getting answers or clarification on at least a half-dozen questions I had. When she asked for my SSN, I barked out 404-72-NNNN, Sir! She read the number back and then said, "And don't call me sir, I work for a living." We both broke out laughing because we had just clearly communicated to one another that we were both vets. When I did my Army years, your SSN was also your Army service number, so when I recite that number, my brain adds a "Sir!" Her response told me she had been an NCO, also in the Army as it turned out. Anyway, thank you to Mrs. Calhoun of the Louisville East End SS Office, you were the high point of my day.

Enough of that, I need to swing the hammer. Y'all have a great day, be safe out there, and pray for Elijah's football team, along with the other needs we know about.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Morning all, 61 headed to 77, 49 at daybreak. Got a lot of running to do today, got to take stuff to 2 of my buddies, then we are going grocery/meat shopping, local store has a one day meat sale. Had a night from hell, my right shoulder is killing me, had muscle spasms up to my neck and mid shoulders, have a spinal headache that feels like a vise squeezing the back of my skull. Left hip is screaming also, did most of the night. Oh well, up and at it, you all have a good one, prayers for those in need, Buff out.

·
Administrator
12,657 Posts
Forgot to add an F'd up but funny story I heard yesterday. My boss at the gun shop got an email from school yesterday (9/9) that said "your son was in direct contact with someone who tested positive for COVID on 9/2/21 and must quarantine for 10 days before returning to school." Now...my boss's kid was in an accident over the summer, skid steer ran over his foot and he's been laid up ever since. In fact, on 8/29 he had the pins removed from his foot and has been at HOME ever since. Also, after repeated emails, phone calls, etc. school has still not sent any of his homework home. Boss fired up a pretty good response email that, believe me, would have the whole board laughing.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 64º and Sunny here headed for 90. It feels mighty pleasant outside.

My Doctors office called yesterday before we left home with a water leak in the office and wanted to do my "appointment" by phone. This appointment was mostly a required check-in before my next treatment, so no big deal. The Wife and I both got hair cuts in the afternoon. We ventured over to Stuttgart and had an early supper at a Japanese steak house and stopped by the Doctor's Duck Club so I could shut the relifts off. It was a busy but easy day.

We slept in this morning and then took my Wife's Expedition in to the tire store for service. I'll take an empty bucket with us when we go back and swap it for a bucket of weights. That means that I'll probably spend some time sitting in the shop door this afternoon sorting weights and sipping on an adult beverage. :)

Scott, its good of you to take the time to teach your niece to drive a standard shift. Its a skill that everyone should have and one that few young drivers can do.

Kentucky Fisherman, I also had a good experience when I filed for SS. The Lady that I talked with was polite, friendly and efficient. I'm glad that things went well for you too.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
KF….. nice to talk to someone on the phone that seems so eager to help you with something. Just be glad she wasn’t concerned about your vehicle warranty😱
Kermit….Have very good memories of good times hunting squirrels. Didn’t have any on our place growing up. Good friend in school 1st grade on (now deceased) has squirrels on his place. Starting about 3 rd grade, I would take my 22 to school on the bus and then put it in his bus after school and co spend the night or weekend with him. He in turn would bring his shotgun to school and spend weekend with me hunting quail. Good times.
Charlie…Our governor in Oklahoma announced yesterday that in so many words, our state would NOT follow those mandates about 100 employee businesses. Good for him.
Skruske…..you didn’t like my camper? It’s easier to load and unload than yours….LOL

Well it was nice feeling yesterday. Then grandson called last night and told us he had just bought 100 acres between OKC and Guthrie. Other twin bought 160 acres just north of little church we attend and leased another 320 acres joining it. LOL
Was nice was lasted. Can’t help but worry about kids and grandkids.

Font Number Document Electric blue Circle

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Good morning from the UBR Nationals at Boyle County Fish & Game Club. It's a fine morning starting in the low 50's and probably won't go higher than the mid 70's. There are 100 or so rifles competing and everyone looks to be having a good time. I shot poorly on the firs target so my weekend will not be in the win column. However, I will enjoy myself. I'm staying in an AIRBNB with three guys fir PA & WV and it was a very good choice. Four bedrooms, two baths and everything one would need for less than the cost of a motel, much less. We will also save on waiting in line and the price of a good steak tonight which I'll be cooking.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

1 - 20 of 20 Posts