Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
42° here in Upstate NY this morning with some light rain, the high temperature for today will only be up to about 53°. It will be mostly cloudy becoming sunny gradually with a 60% chance of rain and a 10 to 15mph wind.

I got blood work done yesterday morning and then got home and worked on a computer here and a couple of other projects. Today as far as I know at this time I will be at home all day working here.

Prayers for all the need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
48 crisp degrees and we are only getting to 66 they say. Yesterday was a great day to be outside so I took full advantage of it. Got a lot done at work, spent some time on the bicycle and then ended the evening shooting some trap with a few friends. The wind was howling and that made for some interesting targets but we managed to break some decent scores anyway. No work for me this weekend…..well…..not AT work anyway. I have a pile of wood that needs to be split and stacked. I need to get this pile out of the way so I can make room for more wood to be split and stacked. Celebrating Mom’s birthday tomorrow and more range time on Sunday.
HHH, it looks like you’re living the good life. Keep doing what you’re doing. Congratulations to both of you. Prayers up for Bruce and others this morning.
Make it a good day.

·
Registered
427 Posts
42 breezy degrees to start off the day before the weekend. We had some much needed rain throughout most of the day yesterday, began to clear out around 3:30 and by 6 the front had moved by bringing us cool, crisp weather and pushing the big storm away so it becomes someone else's problem.
Regular work day on tap and will probably fire up the splitter after work and again tomorrow, looks like the wind will be up a bit too strong to get out and fish.
Hope you all have a great Friday.
Ken

·
Registered
14,185 Posts
Mornin boys...
45 here high on RUGER Mt this morning
They say low 70s today. Thought about staying home today but guess I'll go in and maybe take a couple days off next week. Bear season comes in 3 days starting Monday. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Good morning from Waseca. It's 49, rain in the area, high of 56. Yesterday was generally productive though I had to rest several times. The lift chair is on its way too Sharrons house. Today we are taking her to Rochester to see the doctors. She's having shoulder replacement surgery on Monday. Another elderly lady to help. She does have family sorta close by who can help.
Had to watch a grandkids volleyball game last night.
Hope everyone has a great Friday,
Ken

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Good Friday morning all. It’s 48 in Indy heading for 66. Nothing on the dance card until this evening. We’re going to a class/seminar on response to a mass shooter. It’s being held at the church pastored by the owner of Hoosier Bullets. He and his wife run our pistol league and are both NRA instructors. Until then I’ll just be running wild. No golf today.

Car selling grandson is supposed to be at the pancake joint so I’d better be on time. Have a good day.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Great morning folks,

38° with a clear sky expected for most of the day here near HalfwayUSA. 65° should be the high of the day. Yesterday was breezing with comfortable temperatures.

I have a pile of wood that needs to be split and stacked. I need to get this pile out of the way so I can make room for more wood to be split and stacked.
Much like CarlP, the wood blocks diminished as the wood pile expanded. I finally have a path back to the woodshed that I can drive the truck through AND bring home more wood. I will be glad when this last chunk is reduced to firewood size.

Plant Plant community Leaf Natural landscape Wood

Deb had errands to run in the afternoon & I accompanied her. We stopped at a couple rummage sales. The only treasure of note was a box of several wrought iron hinges I bought for $10. Those will go nicely on those White Pine 6 panel doors when I build the pantry/cabinet.

Deb started riding over the grass late in the day while I pushed around the edges & did the ditch bank. I took over for her & mowed until it got cold. I went in to see the temperature had dropped to 54° by 6:30pm. Dinner & a splash in the hot tub warmed the bones up a bit.

A little more firewood to wrangle & another 30 minutes on the mower.

·
Administrator
13,671 Posts
Good morning folks. TGIF! It's 48 going to 66 here too Carl. Bit breezy. Yesterday's rain just turned into a sprinkle, then it got downright blustery. I worked all day, didn't bother me. Gun shop was SLOW. It's a shame. Had to swap cars with Sue after lunch. Her car battery was dead. That cut into the boat fund a bit. There will be no new rifles for awhile, I know that much!

Well I'm on the road today. Lots of stops and a meeting in the field 2 hours away. Need to slam this coffee and get going. Prayers sent. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Off to OKC for to do my doins….lol. I’ll catch up
during my down time later.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
morning all. 45 with low 70s later, was cool and wet yesterday, should dry out now again.
Worked at cleaning up around the shop yesterday, trash all got in the dumpster and floor all swept. Now the boss' damgrandkids can
come along on the weekend and make a mess again...and not clean up after themselves.
Got the starter on the boss' tractor, was the easiest starter swap I'd done on a tractor!
Not much else done yesterday. Not sure just what I'll find to do today yet.
Have a great FRIDAY and be safe. Prayers for all those with health issues and other problems.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Good morning everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake. 57 headed to 70 wif 30 mph wind gust . Time to start thinking about heading south again . We get biweekly reports for insurance reasons Venice Florida has been getting a whole lot of rain . The winter months is their dry season. If all goes well that will.happen the first week of December.
Thanks for all the kind words and likes 😉. Going to be a quiet day if I have anything to do with it.
Everyone enjoy your day stay safe and comfortable.
HHH

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
TGIF, GoGo! It's 51 in Louisville, going to 70 and partly cloudy. Sharp change in the temps, and it's gonna take me a few days to adjust.

Got up yesterday to the wife announcing that we'd lost the Internet on our Wifi. That meant no computer connectivity and also no TV since we get our content from Hulu via the Internet. I reset the router and modem about a dozen times to no avail and finally called our cable provider, which reported no major outages. Wrestled with it all day and finally found a phone number for Spectrum (my ISP) customer service around 5 p.m. Talked with a young man who sounded like native-born American, had a sense of humor, and clearly didn't hate his job. The kid had me going in about 10 minutes. Turns out some of their customers' routers just randomly changed their names. My usual router name showed up in my "available networks" list, but there was also a new router name that showed up, with a very strong signal. Anyway, I struggled with that nagging issue most of the day.

One other thing I got done was to drive about 15 miles across the county to pick up some primers I bought in an online auction. No bargains, really, and I ended up paying about $85 a thousand by the time you threw in the 10% auction fee and our 5% state tax. I felt a little better when I got home and checked prices via Ammoseek. Mail order prices are running $90-$100/thou before you add tax, shipping cost, and the Hazmat fee. When I picked up the primers, I asked one of the auction employees, "So, who got the guns?" She said, "His son." I don't know if the family moved, the guy died, or there was a divorce. He sure had lots of nice stuff.

Also yesterday my dehydrator "died." My dad taught me enough common sense and troubleshooting that I pretty quickly tore the thing apart and determined that a thermal fuse had died. Got a replacement ordered from Amazon and it should be here tomorrow. Makes me feel a little like Skruske and JR, fixing something on the cheap.

A Louisville jury yesterday recommended life in prison without parole for a Dindoo Nuffin who killed another African American man and the man's 3-year-old child in 2020. Sentencing is set for November, so let's hope the judge sticks with the jury's recommendation. The suspect apparently had many friends who showed up for the trial. After one break the crowd returned to the courtroom reeking of marijuana. It was so bad that the judge chewed 'em out and cleared the courtroom, saying, "I'm just going to say it out loud: The whole room stinks of marijuana. It just stinks." Here's a link to the story.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for our friends here and for our nation. Special prayers for Mr. Bruce as he gets his drip-drip today. Hang in there, Bruce.
Font Formal wear White-collar worker Rectangle Advertising

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 64º and cloudy here headed for the low 80's with no rain forecast for several days.

My shooting buddy came over yesterday and we spent the afternoon in the loading room. We packaged up his brass that I tumbled for him and priced it. Getting ready for tomorrows gun show.

Today looks like a errand day. A trip to the bank to get some change for tomorrow, by the parts store to get a tail light bulb for the Wife's Expedition, by Ace Hardware to look for a live trap and probably lunch at a new fish place that we heard good things about. My oldest Son and Grandson will come over late this afternoon to help me load up the stuff I'm taking to the gun show tomorrow.

Prayers offered for those in need and our Country. Special prayers for Mr Bruce as he travels to his treatment.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Very cool morning, and not much happening, thank goodness. Only item on the scedule is a trip to the pharmacy. About do my PT and then lunch. Also thinking about getting the mower ready before the leaves start falling big time.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Morning all, 58 headed to 70 so they say. Carpenters got here on time, had a heck of a job on their hands, but managed to get it wrapped up by 4pm. $288 was the total bill, supplies included. I sold one of them $300 worth of knives before he left, and 2 more scopes, bringing the total to $600 returned cash. I told the wife and she just shook her head, said them poor fellers never knew what hit them did they. Wife is super pleased with the window. Heading to the shop in a few, got lots of stuff to do, mow today sometime, and take mom out for lunch since it is her 84th birthday. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Good late morning from the sticks of Kentucky where it was cold nuff I saw my breath this morning. Guess that means I'm still alive.
@hedgehoghunter getting a lot of rain at his winter residence that will be good for the Snakes and Gators.
I saw on the web that Columbia is proposing to make Cocaine Offically Legal....that kinda makes Pot a small fish; legal about everywhere now. Should be a Cloud at the Creed Fisher show tonight and I may bet a Free Buzz.
And @Kentucky Fisherman I already have a Jar laid out...
SKRECC is here replacing a Pole in my Yard that Lightening busted the top off of a few weeks ago.
Sky Plant Electricity Motor vehicle Tree

Sky Plant Building Rolling stock Tree

Primers are expensive and I hear some folks say they won't Pay THAT but they will never be cheap again.
Thank you joebiden you POS.
Sky Cloud Tree Land lot Motor vehicle

Whilest we were in Michigan, we went to the Pickle Factory but they had closed their company store so we bought some at a grocery store.
Tableware Food Drinkware Barware Drink

Very strong Dill And Pickle flavor but "someone" on here doesn't like them even though he is related to the pickle folks.
Jackson welded my reinforcing to the bushog yday, and it did the trick...I can't say what WE used to call that before the Rats made everyone go WOKE. but the last word was "riggin."
Gas Drill Hat Tool Handheld power drill

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

I told him he needs to do the welding in FlipFlops and a "dress" like the dudes in Pakistan wear on the YouTube channel.
Taking it easier today because I will have to stand a long time tonight.
Have a good day folks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts