Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
52° here in Upstate NY this morning under cloudy skies, the high temperature for today is going to get up to about 66° with a llight wind. No rain forecast till Sunday, most places got enough from Ida that we don't need anymore right now.

Yesterday I was for the most part working at home, a customer brought me a laptop that was quite badly infected. I took out 78 and got it running like it should again. I also had a bunch of paperwork I had to do for the gun club. Today I am hoping to be home, I would like to get the yard mowed.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 55 and a high of 75 Ill take it !! Tomatoes and tree trimming on the agenda today. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
380 Posts
Morning guys, Its 66 here right now with rain in the forecast for most of the day. Lots of work to be done here but I'm going to use the rain as an excuse to be lazy. Actually I'll peck away on all the little things that got shuffled off to the side during the summer. Have a good one guys.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 61 and raining most of the day, high is only 66.
Looks like a day to catch up with rainy day projects.
I took the FN to the range yesterday and shot a 6 inch donut group. All shots were inside 6 inches and none hit the inner 2in circle.
I got a near new Herter's press in the mail yesterday, looking at the original packing box it left Waseca in 1972 for Missouri. UPS charged 1.78 to ship back then.
Big weekend coming, I hope everyone has a day prepping for it,
Ken

·
Registered
75 Posts
66 headed to 83. Weather guesser says rain, that amounts to any where from a mist to flash flood warnings. Hopefully the humidity won’t get bad.
Should be a good day at work, got the majority of it down be yesterday.
May be able to do some river fishing this weekend. Fishing has not went well for me at all this year. Last year Labor Day weekend was outstanding for some reason. Caught 5-6 channel cat per hour, weighing 4-10 lb each. I was set for fillets for into the winter.
Everyone have a good day and a great weekend.

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
Good morning from the home of the US National Drags. Big show at Lucas Oil Raceway. Used to go every year back when Big Daddy Don Garlits was the man and 1000 HP top fuel cars ruled the roost. Those cars are now well over 10K HP and reaching 300+ MPH in 1000’ rather than 1/4 mile. You can hear ‘em from several miles away.

It’s 66 heading for 77 here abouts. I’m heading for the pancake joint and the golf course.

Have a good day.

·
Administrator
12,656 Posts
Good morning and TGIF. It's 52 here heading to 79 or so maybe later. Sun is out, it's crisp and cool and a nice 4 point (fork horn) was in the yard when I rolled out of bed. Won't be long he'll be chasing girls. Hope his daddy comes to visit in early Nov. It's really strange to see bucks here at my place this time of year. They usually spend their time down the hill in the neighbor's fields. I've seen 3-4 different young bucks hanging around this year.

Worked at the gun shop last night, got a $2/hr raise! Not bad after 17 years. :rolleyes: It was fairly busy and then my help left at 5 leaving me and one other kid running the show for an hour. Luckily, the couple background checks I did went right thru and I got out on time.

Hedgehoghunter, I'll waive when I pass by tomorrow. Headed to VA beach some time. Might have to stop at Green Top on the way. My other friends won't be down until Sunday maybe. Not sure what we'll get into until they get there. Might have to shop Craigslist and look at boats.

Well, I need to get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Great morning folks,

75° and humid here in Grandkidville.

Debra Dearest took delivery of her new camper yesterday. So far so good. Our first night stay inside was pretty good.

We are leaving for Michigan shortly. Unfortunately it will be a sprint to get back. Deb's dad is needing some extra attention/management.

·
Registered
13,433 Posts
Mornin boys...
53 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Yep, took the day off, worked my butt off this week
getting several things done that boss man had planned
to do today while school was out. No football game tonight...
the team we was.supposed to play got hit hard with flooding and
mud slides Monday I think. At least 4 of their players lost their homes
and there was a few deaths and some missing. When I read and seen the damage,
it broke my heart. Our school is taking donations today for water and small propane
thanks and other stuff on the list to deliver tomorrow.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
Good morning from the house at the moment....had to wait in town until 8am to pick up the needed parts for the Suburban. I'll run to to the shop and get the head on and torqued down and the intake and hopefully it will be done.....until next time.
After that not much is getting done and I'll be leaving early....nobody's stuff is getting welded on today.
Scott that a nice camper and damn large too!
Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
TGIF, GoGo! It's 62 in Louisville, going to 82 and sunny. Pretty good chance of rain Saturday night.

Miss Cindy and I will be packing and sacking here in a minute to go visit my family in Paducah this weekend. Got word yesterday that we won't be able to visit my Mom in her nursing facility.

Don't know what my brother and I will get into, but hopefully a little fishing. And there's a Rural King down there, so I'll be making at least one stop there for just about anything I might need.

Had a 9-year-old black boy fatally shot in his home. This wasn't in Louisville's West End , which is primarily black, but in the Newburg neighborhood near the big General Electric plant. That are is mostly minority, too, and crime there is only slightly better than in the West End. Anyway, the TV news report was interesting in that they didn't provide any details much at all except to say the boy apparently was in his own home. Don't know if he was shot through a window, if thugs kicked in a door, or what. Also never mentioned if he was at home alone or what. Apparently it wasn't a matter of kids home alone finding a pistol and playing with it.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and pray for needs mentioned here. Extra prayers for Scott and Debra on their marathon drive home with the new camper.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
morning all. 48 with a high of near 80. Was a nice cool day yesterday.
No baling yesterday, just too wet! No cutting hay or stacking either.
I worked on a sprinkler all morning, finally got it going about one o'clock.
After lunch I got the parts loaded on my service truck for the broken rake.
Got all the loose parts on it by six o'clock, now I will need a couple loaders to life and hold things in place while
I bolt the big pieces together.
Running late, didn't have to get up early to get Gwyn off to work, she is across the state with our oldest son for a couple day.
Better get, prayers for all with health issues, traveling ect. Good to hear JR and JB made it home ok. Nice camper Scott and DD!
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
650 Posts
Good Morning from the 🌞 E side of the Chesapeake. 70 ° with a high of 80° No humidity very comfortable and pleasant. I got delivery of the 28 yesterday . I'm out to lunch on the fit . Briley has a 6 oz forearm weight and a Light Mod choke heading here today . I'm questioning if I will get time today to pattern . Good Luck to all tomorrow . Remember to wear glasses in the field no low birds need to see sky between the birds and ground. Prayers to everyone and we all are in need . Ketchup later.🤔

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
56 on the cool side of the ridge this morning, low to mid 80s later. Did most of what was planned yesterday, cut grass, reconciled checking records, shipped a couple orders and worked on some 6 PPC brass. Some of the same today including packing and sacking for the UBR match at Dry Branch. Since this is a holiday W/E and only a week until the Nationals I expect a low turnout which will be fine. Made reservations in Wears Valley TN for our 39th anniversary in a couple of weeks. KY Fisherman and I favor the same little house on the side of the mountain and he helped me get the reservations. The owner only rents it out during the profitable months and he can be difficult to contact. Good luck for a safe trip north Scott & Debra. The rest of you have a great day.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 73º and cloudy here headed for the low 90's. Much better than the upper 90's.

Yesterday morning I took the Wife to Her Doctors appointment and we ran a few errands in town. Late in the afternoon I drove over and looked around at my Dove field. I'm guessing that there were several hundred either sitting on the electric lines or working the fields. I'm thinking that we might have a good opening day when the season opens tomorrow. There were also a few large flocks of Teal working on the Millet that we planted in my Son's ponds.

Not much planned for today. The housekeeper will be here soon so I'll probably go to my room ( loading room) and hide out. Sometime today I'll work on rounding up my shotgun, camo clothing, ect for in the morning. Probably load up the Yeti and make an ice run.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

Edited to ad, good luck to all of the Dove Hunters.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Morning all, 63 headed to 81 today, looks to be another great day. Got a field bushogged off yesterday, that had been on my mind to get done, can relax a little bit now. I loaded 50 rounds of 12.7x44R Swede ammo yesterday, and did prep work on another 50. Traded into a Pacific 12 g. press yesterday with several hundred AA hulls, wads, primers and several hundred 20g. hulls as well. I will get online today and find some bushings for different loads. I got a PSE compound bow at a yard sale for free the other day, no string, owner said it was there when he moved there, cleaning out the basement and wanted it gone. I made a Fast flite string for it, put it on, traded it even for the Pacific press and goodies. So I am into the press for about $2.00 worth of string making supplies, got to love a good deal. You all have a good one, prayers for the Kruskes traveling and anyone else needing them, Buff out.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
JR…hope you made it home safely. I thought maybe when you said you were in Nashville, you had decided to audition for the Grand Ole Opry. While you were spending the night in Arkansas, I hope you got enough ammo for all of us.

I noticed while looking at the Walmart pic that JR posted of me, that I needed a haircut, so I guess that will be on the agenda. Head east to Leedey, OK and pick up a couple pair of suspenders that wifey’s cousin made for me (saddle and leather shop). And then south to Elk City for a haircut and afternoon of dominoes.

THEN supper in Elk City to celebrate middle granddaughter’s 21st birthday (Justin’s oldest). This is her last semester of college. Have to brag on her too. Graduating this semester (3 years) with a 4.0 GPA. Then on to OU for graduate school. All of us (even little redheaded sister) are proud of her. After she graduates, we will have 4 grandkids with college degrees. Then we have to worry about the two youngest graduating from grade school and kindergarten. LOL. And now we have 1 great grand and another in the oven. I guess it never ends.

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Noontime greetings from the sticks of Kentucky. I just escaped the traction table at the neck Crackers office and I am optimistic it may help, but with the holiday weekend, I can't get back soon enough.
Bruce and I both have sons named Justin....they have .more similarities than you could believe. Both are " Talkers" which means BS.
Before he passed, my dad said he wouldn't worry about "That one" he would Talk his way thru life.

Dean had sent a couple photos of the Rake Reck...going back together.

Justin is stopping by to mow Judy Brown's yard after while as I am not quite up to it. But I might just cut a field of HAY...2.7 inches of rain whilest we were out West.
I need to load ammo but it's hard to figure out Left Handed for me. That little Redhead Varmint in Oklahoma would burn a lot of ammo and I would be glad to keep her happy. My little Demon Grandaughter is locked up in an Army Prison and I sure wish I had her around here.

Anyone hear from FB??
Francisco, are you on a PD shoot or what??

Have a safe day folks.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,066 Posts
Late Good Morning to the Board Denizens. It was 64 at 0840. Blankie on my legs while on Patio Patrol.....man, I used to think Elijah and Elisha were bad Dudes but Ezekiel is giving lessons!!
Knee arthroscopic was text book, prep for the wazoo scope wasn't as bad as I remembered. Only one polyp sent off.
Slipped in and had both CV tests Mon, NEGATIVE.... Blood draw last Tues, Annual phys next week awa knee stitch removal. These last two weeks should give me some frequent med flyer points. :)
We had 1.6" Tues over 10+ hrs. This should really give the beans and late corn a needed boost. Melon mkt seems to be a bit soft compared to last year.
The Egg Foo Yung is ready.....had a craving for it of late. Tom out

1 - 20 of 21 Posts