Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
51° here in Upstate NY this morning with a high temperature of 71° expected. No rain for a couple of days forecast.

Yesterday the wind was quite bad all day, this morning it has calmed down some. I was on the road most of the day and it was blowing the car around quite a bit. I got finished up about 7:00PM for the day.

Today I have one computer here at the house to fix and then I have to travel also.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Good morning from Ankeny Iowa. Got here Wednesday evening, camping in Saylorville area. Nice and quiet. 71 now and humid, yuck. This is the first high humidity we have experienced this year.
Last leg of this great Western adventure, we will be home this afternoon. The trip went 1500 miles and 5 days longer than planned. It was a great time with lots of new experiences, some items checked off my bucket list and new friends.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Really great morning everyone,

Current condition are a mostly clear sky, 54° at this observation point here near Halfway USA. We get to repeat another beautiful day with a high in the mid 80's and just enough breeze to enjoy. Pretty much a repeat of yesterday.

The Girly Jeep belongs to someone else already. It sold in less than 24hrs. Got a little bit less than asking price but more importantly, we received more than we were willing to take. A 6'5" Vietnam vet paid cash for it. He seemed to think it was a big enough vehicle for himself. I suppose he could always stick his head out the sunroof if need be.

Deb's Ford Edge should be ready for pick up Monday or Tuesday.

Doug you can rest easy now knowing I got the garden shed all power washed. Next step, stain & sealer in a day or two.

We stopped at a garage sale yesterday. I bought a 8'x10' piece of indoor outdoor carpet for the 5th wheel. It was $10 & the $79.99 price tag was still on the label. Once home with it, I punched holes at all four corners and added grommets. I'll push 9" nails through those holes to keep it from blowing away out on the Montana prairie.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Good Morning

It's 63 this morning in NC Ohio with sun and heat on the way. Have the hottest temps of the year for three days and I have a dumpster to fill, oh well shoudn't take too long!!! Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
morning all. 51 here also, mid 80s again, chance of moisture the next couple days, could rain now, we have hay on the ground. :rolleyes:
Only sprinkler work yesterday, didn't get any thing else done. Didn't even get any sprinklers fixed, only found out what the problems were. Electrician will be here today to help out. One has a bad under ground 480 volt wire, some where in the quarter mile field.
Better get, slept good and feel better today than all week.:)
It's FRIDAY, for whatever that means around here.
Have a great day.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. TGIF! It's 66 in Louisville, going to a hot, humid 89 degrees today. The sun and humidity will be good for the veggies and flowers, I guess, but something tells me they'd grow just fine with a high of 80 and low humidity.

With this heat, I'm already at the stage where some of my outdoor pots have to be watered every day. Good thing I enjoy fooling with 'em, but it gets tough for us to be away from home more than a couple of days. If any of you have good ideas that you've used, I'd love to hear them. I've used some of the polymer water-absorbing crystals, but didn't add any this spring.

Looks like this is Pesto Weekend, so basil will be harvested and MUCH garlic will be peeled and crushed. I make big batches in my blender, freeze it in containers that are maybe a half-cup, and then we use it all year. If you enjoy cooking and have recipes that absolutely require fresh basil, this is the way to go.

Check out this bee I spotted on one of our sunflowers yesterday. The head and thorax were a brilliant metallic green. Turns out it's in the Agapostemon family of striped sweat bees. Never saw one around here before. Maybe they came up with the armadillos.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Administrator
11,788 Posts
good Friday morning folks. It's 64º and sunny with LOW humidity here. Gorgeous day. You can thank me for it later. I planted 15 lbs of grass seed last eek...for sure we won't see rain for weeks.:mad: Been almost a week and doesn't look like anything is sprouting either, even after using the seeder. I gave it a good watering last evening. See what happens. I'm not doing anything else with it this year. Planted some beans last evening for the 3rd time. Second planting didn't come up either. Poor year for gardening.

Did a little sanding on the boat last evening. Hoping I have enough gel coat left to patch about 15 holes. Gonna be close. I'll finish up tonight, I hope. Speaking of grass, it's not growing quite as fast as it was, but it'll need mowing soon. Might as well do it tonight while the gel coat dries. I can get done before Sue gets home and then it's out of the way.

Got a call from Tyler last night. He's leaving for Qatar today. Uncle Sam is sending him on a 3 month vacation...maybe longer. He gets to enjoy the sandbox in the summer. Oh joy! At least he's in the AF, which is a bit safer than the marines or army, but still, you can't trust those...uhhhh... "people" over there at all.

Well I better get busy. Prayers offered. Have a great weekend folks.

Charlie

·
Registered
12,356 Posts
Mornin boys...
63 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
I like these 4 day work weeks. Don't know what I'll
get into today. Might go plaster a spot for Melissa's dad.
Thanks Mike for posting that pic of my new baby...lol
It is 1 of the worst looking stones I've had.
You all have a gooden and GOD Bless...

Donnie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts