Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
61° here in Upstate NY this morning, it is supposed to be decent until later this afternoon with a high temperature of about 71°. Late afternoon we may have showers and then heavy rain overnight into Saturday morning with up to 1".

I was busy all day yesterday again and have decided the heck with it I am going to take today off. I am going up to a couple of farms that I have varmint hunted on for 25yrs today and see if I can find anything.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good Morning

52 and rain this Good Friday morning, my dad used to say "if rains on GF the ground will be hard to work .. Rain on Easter Sunday it will rain the next 7 Sundays." Going to Sportsman Den sometime this weekend I need some more brass to load for a hungry AR or grab one of Scott's buckets!! JR, you might check that bull of yours he may have been in the wrong line as a young calf!!! Be safe and Praise for the Risen Lord. Enjoy the weekend everyone. Mike

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Good morning from Bartonville Texas. 61 and cloudy all day, 68 later. We had a little rain last night. Supposed to be warm and sunny tomorrow.
Nothing on the agenda today. Maybe I can get out of here and stop by the coffee shop.
Hope everyone has a blessed day and,
Ken

·
Registered
14,007 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says its 58 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
It's been raining since 4 something this morning so we laid in.
Elijah was wanting to go fishing today but it looks like this rain
Will be with us most of the day. Looks like a good day to catch up
on my rest. Getting too old to run the woods with young'ins...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
morning all. 28 this Good Friday morning. On the way to the high 60s. Sure the wind will blow too.
Really didn't do much yesterday, check cows, chores then put together another sprinkler tire and cleaned up the shop some. Had to load a hay truck in the afternoon.
Started cleaning one of my ARs last evening, has been in the pickup for a while and was starting to act up and not fire the first shot, not a ammo problem though. Just really dirty, I hope.
Better move along, have a great day. We have a Good Friday service in town tonight so will have to quit work early to get there on time :)
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
13,441 Posts
Good Friday morning folks. It's a breezy 60° here with bright sunshine. I have the day off. Weather is supposed to turn nasty this afternoon and evening for the east coast. Y'all keep your eyes open for bad storms. Still got a bit of the crud. Last day of antibiotics. If it's not better, I'll see the Doc again tomorrow. Miss Sue's still fighting the flu.

Need to get some coffee in me and get to work. Got my fishing gear ready last evening. Need to get the boat ready today. Start it up, make sure it runs, hose it out and load up the gear. I also need to check the bearings and air up the tires. I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.

Coffee is ready. Gotta move. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Great morning folks,

Partly clear for now but a wide band of thunderstorms are moving in from the West here in Grandkidville. 73° now, 84° & humid later.

Zac & I may go rent a man lift for the weekend but I doubt much tree cutting will happen today. Looks like a broken Live Oak & 3 or 4 pine trees are going to hit the ground. The pines are dead & a hazard. The oak is over the edge of the house and driveway so the next big blow could cause lots more damage. He is getting ahead of that possibility.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
MPC. Don't go aworrying bout my Bull....he's gonna be Popular with the Ladies! Check this out, he can lick his Eyebrows with this tongue.

Oh, to be so lucky.

We had a bit of rain last night, just a couple Tenths but it's better than nothing on the grass.
George is going to do something besides work all day, good for him.
And i see Skruske is up to his usual repair and fix up mode. You can borry my 20 foot ladder if you want.

I rode to Lexington with a fella yesterday and watched him buy a new TV at Best Buy. When he first mentioned it, i said "Anywhere but Best Buy." What did he do? Walmart would have saved him $200. But.

I'm still on rest up mode from the barn work, but i will find something to wreck today. Yesterday i hit the fence with the hay unroller, took an hour to fix it back. Yall be safe today and go to Rural King and get free popcorn.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 46 in Louisville, only going to 50. We had some showers overnight and that will continue off and on all day. Better chance of heavy rain tonight into tomorrow. Pretty chilly given that we've had highs in the mid to upper 70s the past several days.

I need to get to the range to check the zero on my 6BR factory class balloon rifle. Hoped to do that on Saturday, but with all this rain, it's not going to happen. Originally they called for the rain to end around noon Saturday, but now it's gonna be with us all day Saturday. That'll keep most of the yahoos at home, which is good, but I'm just not interested in wading through ankle-deep mud and cold rain. We still have a few weeks before the BBB, so it'll get done eventually.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Good Morning

44 degrees and only getting up to 49 they say.
Had a couple of early Dr. appointments this morning so I am late to the party. Nothing serious just a checkup to see how fast my reckless youth is catching up with me.
Been looking at electric smokers since the Fisherman put that bug in my ear. I’m not on Facebook but my wife is and a quick search on the Marketplace brought up an overwhelming number of smokers of all shapes, sizes, and price ranges. My family calls me a “tightwad” but I prefer words like “frugal” or “thrifty”. Money saved on a smoker is money that could be applied toward powder, primers, and precious metals.

It looks like the heavy rain is gone until later today so the deck might get pressure washed. Grass was mowed yesterday so we should be ready for the big crowd on Sunday.

Prayers offered for those in need and thanks given for sacrifices made.

Make it a good day.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Weather is an enigma around here. 80*, sunny yesterday, 45* and foggy with 0.2 miles of visibility, 10 miles east and west is is 0.0 miles.
I WAS going to thatch and rake the yard today. that is off the platter (thank goodness)

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Fryday

Good Fryday morning all. That's fish fry day around here. Rain yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Supposed to warm up and dry up a little by Sunday morning.

JR, that's a lot of bull!

CarlP, I call that financial planning.

Booked a room for the BBB. Now I need to decide which guns to bring if any. We'll sure enough be there whether we shoot or not.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Late to the party as usual. 51º with light mist now and then. Probably will get a little warmer but not much. Today is a screw up. My wife had made arrangements to trade her Mini Cooper and we were going over to the east to Lebanon TN to make the deal this morning. Last night on her way home from an appointment, a nice Hispanic gentleman ran a traffic light and she almost avoided him, but damaged the front end. No extensive damage, but it nixed the trade today and my insurance agent is close for Good Friday as well. I'm planning to shoot a UBR match tomorrow near Evansville and that should be interesting. The wind is forecast to be 15-25 mph with gust even higher.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.