Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
55° here in Upstate NY this morning with the high for today to get up to about 65°. It was a very nice day yesterday and of course I was busy most of the day. We have a chance of rain coming this afternoon and tonight again but yesterday we didn't get any..

Well I will be busy again today and hopefully tomorrow will be a nice day. It is the opening of walleye fishing and I am hoping to get out but it will depend on the river. If we don't get to much rain I will be able to go, if it rains to much I won't be able to.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Happy Friday

Good Morning George and those to follow.
64 degrees on the way to a rainy 75 here in the northern Bluegrass.
Little Miss Martha is sacked and packed getting ready to head out with some friends to a show up near Cleveland. I’ve warned her to stay away from all of those walleye Fisherman.
I will be home alone here on Derby Weekend but I have plenty of chores to keep me busy.
Gonna try to get a little fishing in at some point.

Safe travels to those on the road today and prayers offered for those in need.
Make it a good day

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good Morning

62 with the night sky being lite up by the storm . Flood warning is already issued in the LaRue area. I'll have to watch my basement for when the river backs up, water flows from the stand pipe. I'm ready with the bicycle tube and air tank. Well everyone be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 60º and cloudy here headed for the mid 70's with the rain coming back this afternoon, tonight and tomorrow.

I spent the day in the loading room yesterday. It started raining about mid morning and we had a few bad storms in parts of the state. High winds, some flooding, and a tornado. About all we got was some wind and rain.

Not much going on today. Weather wise, it looks like more of the same. The Wife wants to go eat lunch with the oldest Granddaughter at school today and I may go with her, especially if the weather moves back in.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Great morning folks,

Overcast, some lingering mist in the air and currently 42° here near Halfway USA. We may get some sun later with a high edging above 60°. It rained for another three hours or so yesterday and things are pretty squishy around here.

Lots of brass handling yesterday. 6ppc is trimmed up. Now I'll check the necks for thickness. Primer crimps were removed in about 1000 .223 cases. Those still need some sorting.

We went out & had a little fun at mid morning. Debra Dearest & her sister got chauffeured around for a few rummage sales. I came away with some tools & a low pressure sprayer to used on the campers.

More brass prep today. More camper clean up.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, 36 chilly degrees and partly cloudy. No rain in the forecast for two days.
I got two shelves hung in the garage yesterday and paid taxes and more taxes.
Road trip today to see my doctor in Ankeny. Got to get laundry done also.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
Mornin boys...
Around 60 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Tucker went back after the 1 he missed.the other day, ain't
heard from him yet.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
morning all. 38 this morning, 63 for a high today, should be a nice day if the guessers are right. Wind sure blew hard during the night, maybe it won't today.
Going to brand some calves and get them and their moms out to pasture. Should be about 150 in this bunch, if things go well shouldn't take all day but you never know with damcows.
Put some bridges across a cement ditch and moved a sprinkler across so we can work the ground. Then after lunch I made a quick trip to town for some parts. Then got another set of plow shears on the small plow, worked on another sprinkler, and finished up the day working on the big disc. Was a long day but guess I'd better get used to it. :eek:
Time to get moving around, coffee is done and waiting.
Have a great FRIDAY and remember those in need of prayer.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
13,545 Posts
morning folks. T.G.I.F. It's 64º here with cloudy skies and rain on the way...all weekend the way it looks. Absolutely fabulous.:rolleyes: Have an all day gun raffle tomorrow. First of several in the next few weeks. It's outside, but we'll be under roof. Might be chilly and wet, but we'll be dry. Wanted to fish on Sunday, but that's not going to happen. Might try to take down a crabapple tree for mom if it doesn't rain. It's past it's prime and making a mess.

We had a quick downpour yesterday afternoon, after hitting about 80º. Lasted a whole 20 minutes or so then got real nice. I was able to spray the weeks in the back yard after dinner. Now I wait to see if it worked. I sprayed the garden too. Need to let that stuff die off and then mow it off and till the garden. Little bit late this year with that. See if we get anything out of it this year.

Well I have to run. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Well, Dean is up before daylight and he lives way out there where the Sun takes its time to arrive.
Its 60° here in Southern Kentucky and we received a Half Inch of rain yesterday, good but still really dry here.
I have to go check on the Springs which give the Damcows water, they are barely running. The Creek is muddy as there was a big rain upstream.
Dean is branding calves, MPC is on flood detail, Skruske is back loading ammo again and trying to sneak out for a rummage sale and I'm just watching for rain
Dean, get some photos today of the Action.
Yesterday he birthed a baby calf...or helped get the sac offen its head. The Cows eat that sac and afterbirth....if the Damwimmen had to do that here, it would keep them out of TJMAXX and Kohls.

But the Bossman had a Double a few days ago

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
TGIF, GoGo. It's 69 in Louisville, only going to 74. Lightning started popping here a few hours ago, rain pouring down and the radar is ugly, ugly, ugly. The fillies in today's Kentucky Oaks race may be doing the breast stroke, and the same will be true for tomorrow's Kentucky Derby.

I'm working from home today and during breaks I need to review some YouTube videos. Tomorrow I have to replace the rotten metal drain pipes under my mother-in-law's kitchen sink. I've sung the praises of duct tape so much that my wife thought duct tape would stop the leaks. I'll replace with plastic. Should be a fairly easy job, but you know how that goes.

Skruske, I'm glad to see you and Deb will be at the BBB. I assumed you would, but you know what happens when you assume. FYI, I have three trophies for AR Class, so that group will get the same fun as everyone else. That reminds me, one of the dreams I had last night was assembling a really low-budget AR kit. The parts would have fit better if they'd been Lego pieces. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. I need to talk with you about a trigger where the disconnector isn't releasing properly. Probably has to do with the lighter trigger spring I put in it. Or maybe the disconnector spring isn't seated deep enough down in the trigger slot where it lives. Might have to give you a call today and talk through it.

For any of you distant folks who don't have your BBB hotel room yet, I have a discount code on Booking.com that'll save you $25. ShaneG used it the other day and said everything looks legit. Ping me at kyfishrman (at) AOL.com and I'll send it to you. There's no "e" in kyfishrman, by the way.

It looks like a rainy day Saturday for both the Derby and the Dry Branch UBR match down in Dixon Springs, TN. Looking at it on the good side, rain sometimes means the wind lays a little. From what Rick reports the wind patterns down there are absolutely crazy, so rain might be preferable. Wish I could be down there.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
68º with dark clouds and occasional rain in the hollow this morning. Temp may go a little higher, but the clouds and rain will likely hang around today and tomorrow. I have a little paying work today, but I'll spend a fair amount of the day gathering stuff for tomorrow's match. I may even make the 3 hour round trip there if I can figure out what is safe to leave unattended. We've not had any theft or vandalism yet, but members seem to think if a target backer is there it is their's to use. We spent a fair amount of $$ and time buying and cutting the exact size to fit our slip in target frames and it's annoying to have them shot up with plinkers.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Hi-ho to all. A little late her because I was moving furniture around over three flights of stairs. Alone. Use of leverage and carpet squares helped. Wife has no functional knowledge of moving heavy objects and slows things down. Kept her off stairs as no sense both being in the hospital. This is when you miss the young, strong, strapping son.

That nonsense is over until the next great idea hits.

I got a little range time in the PM. It is a switch barrel CZ 455 and the scope and barrel do not seem to agree where the bullets are supposed to hit. This CZ never lived up to expectations or accuracy of my other 452's. I tried a new .22 mag barrel and it was worse than the 22 LR. I am going to jig them up in a Bridgeport to see if there is something out of spec. Probably should just send it down the road. I do not need that grief at my age. Furniture moving is enough.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Morning all,66 headed to 71 today here in the sticks in KY! Late check in, had to do some errands. Having a lot of neuropathy pain and muscle spasms last 2 days, riklght foot is as numb as a block of wood, and wants to turn out to the right about 3 oclock, cant hardly drive with it or walk on it, having several stroke related issues as of late, comes without rhyme or reason, and aggravating as hell! Wife reminds me to be grateful I am not in the shape I was lying on the floor paralyzed for nearly 5 hours when I had the strokes, and she is right. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
We've not had any theft or vandalism yet, but members seem to think if a target backer is there it is their's to use. We spent a fair amount of $$ and time buying and cutting the exact size to fit our slip in target frames and it's annoying to have them shot up with plinkers.
Rick
Sounds to me like you need some lockable storage space for your match-only supplies, Rick. I suspect you considered that. Of course I've seen situations where a good, stout lock is just seen as a challenge by folks prone to theft. Still, it seems to me you either lock stuff up onsite or you cart it back and forth.

Carpman

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Sounds to me like you need some lockable storage space for your match-only supplies, Rick. I suspect you considered that. Of course I've seen situations where a good, stout lock is just seen as a challenge by folks prone to theft. Still, it seems to me you either lock stuff up onsite or you cart it back and forth.

Carpman
You are, of course, quite correct. We do have six portable buildings including the clubhouse we used at TVA for scoring, lunch etc. The problem is, they are currently located on a members property and the ground is too soft to move them at this time. This also the holdup to getting the shed connected to power as the clubhouse has the electrical panel. The weather continues to thwart us since we need dry ground before the buildings can be moved. This too shall pass.

Rick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.