Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
26° here in Upstate NY this morning under cloudy skies. The high today will be up to about 36°. We have a chance of snow or and rain today with possibly 1/2" of accumulation.

Yesterday I was able to do some work here at home and possibly today will be the same. I have paperwork for the business that needs to be done also. One gentleman is to pick his laptop up and another is bringing a computer to me. I know I have to be on the road again tomorrow.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Good Morning from Centerville, Texas. Just a road stop between Galveston and Ft. Worth. 64 now and that's the high. The wheelchairs were delivered yesterday. What a time we had. Great people and truly appreciative to get a better electric chair. Good, Christian man and wife who truly worked as a team for his care. They pushed fresh from the trees fruit, honey, boxes of old gun books, some Lee Loaders and a Remington 700 rifle on me. It was all stuff he had got from a friends estate and could no longer care for himself. So, I have the satisfaction of knowing I did the right thing and getting some minor additions to the tool collection along with a winter project, the rifle is a dirty, rusty mess.

I am going to Ft. Worth today and move my RV to a storage facility then head for Minnesota.

Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
894 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 48º and cloudy here headed for the low 60's. Its raining and we are under a lightning alert for the next few hours.

Didn't do much yesterday. Still not felling good. Didn't even feel like heading to deer camp.

Today I'm going to hunt with a buddy on his farm and afterwards maybe I'll head to deer camp. This MS gets me down sometimes and I just can't go.

Prayers offered for those in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Good Morning

35 here in NC Ohio , three more days of sun and the weather bottom falls out! I'm not in the mood to get much done today, just a case of lazy a--! I wonder what is going on in the sticks of Kentucky, if Scott and JR are together working on something there's gotta be smoke or sumptin happening!!! Safe travels and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
12,100 Posts
Mornin boys...
Somewhere around 40 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Hope I don't have to get on the little backhoe today.
It's beat me to death last.few days. .at take off and not awnser my phone...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
morning all. 15 this morning, with 35 for a high. Yesterday was windy, a few flakes of snow and few drops of rain, got warm and made a muddy mess of our roads.
Worked around the shop yesterday, stayed in out of the wind! Just waiting for the radiator to be repaired for the JD loader. Cleaned up some of the mess I made working on it.
Better get moving along, hope to hear from JR today :rolleyes:.
Have a great FRIDAY and be safe. Prayers for the needy.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
11,614 Posts
good morning folks. It's 32º with a skim of ice on the pond on the way to work this morning. I should be duck hunting. Wish we still had some ducks.:rolleyes: Didn't do much last night. Bought mom a Primos Trigger Stick tripod for her birthday. She said she likes it. Hope we get to use it today. Working until 1 or 2 today then taking her out to see if we can find her a buck. Starting tomorrow we can shoot buck or doe. Should see better deer movement once the does get harassed. We did get permission to hunt that new property. Might go in blind tomorrow morning and see what happens. Might take Lillie's new rifle and see if I can get some blood on it.:cool:

Well, I have to get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 49 in Louisville, going to 52 with light rain right now. Looks like the rain wiil be with us most of the day.

Cindy's boy, Scott, showed up on my doorstep about noon yesterday with a tire he'd ruined by letting the air get down and driving on it flat. The old beater he drives came with custom wheels and low profile tires. Dang sidewalls can't be 6 inches high and you just can't look at 'em and tell whether the tire is low on air, because they look low all the time. On top of that, I think all four have slow leaks. Those chromed aluminum wheels start corroding right around the bead sometimes, and the rubber then doesn't seal well. I thought about trying something like Slime on 'em, but the tire stores claim that stuff can actually increase the corrosion. Another option is to break 'em down, sand down any corrosion, then paint on a rubbery bead sealer. Apparently this works well, but obviously is quite a bit of work. If any of you have experience with something like this, I'd love to get your ideas. Maybe start a separate thread.

Like MPC, I can't wait for JR's post today. Even if he and Scott didn't have any adventures, JR will make something up. A man has a reputation to maintain, right? :D

Y'all have a good Friday and a better weekend. Be safe out there.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
A wet warm good morning old man Blog from the sticks of Kentucky where I just packed up the Skruskes off and on their way to Michigan.
We had a good visit and Scott worked on a couple things for me. Found out that neither was a simple fix. One required a new ignition switch from Amazon. Tractor fix is prohibitive expensive so....

We did supper at Cracker Barrel first night and Lunch at the Hong Kong Buffet that Kermit and KF go to when they show up.

No animals were harmed during the Visit...but today is a new day. I have one that is a potential problem.
Thanks for your concern and offers of bail money but we didnt need it.
It WAS difficult getting Scott out of the free lunch buffet at the Strip Bar. Free Lunch was about $400.

Off to feed cows and cats.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Good morning

Rain with a high of 46 today. It have been the driest fall that I can remember.

I had a fun experience yesterday. I was out at the job site and the framer could not fined a large socket he needed for the hold downs. I asked another framer if he had one we could use. I introduced myself while he was looking. He told me his name was Matt South, and I remembered I had gone to school with a guy in New York with the same last name who had married a girl from Oregon. I asked the framer if he new a Rick South. He said yep that’s my dad. This guy was born in New York but grew up out out here. Super nice guy. It made for a fun conversation.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Morning all, 47 headed to55 today, cloudy all day, rain this evening. Got a lot done yesterday, got a Remington 700 ML to fire and put on a scope and zeroed it, shot about 1 1/2 " groups with the first load I tried, the barrel has a lot of pitting, but I lapped it out as good as I could, and it is bright inside. The lady I am fixing this for will only shoot about 150 yds maximum, and that is what I have the gun zeroed for, 2" high at 100 yds. Put up one of my blinds that had blown away, got it all set for ML opener next weekend, the wife is still hunting for a buck. Got to get back out in the shop and work on a few more, you all have a good day and prayers sent for those that need them.

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
KF, the leaks are a combination of the corrosion and porosity of the castings. Best repair is to break down the wheels, put them in the changer and rotate while wire brushing the bead area. Then a sealant is painted on before the tires are remounted. I just did all 4 of the ones on my Explorer, but I was getting 4 new tires at the time. I had to do the same on my wife's 2014 Escape. It does work and it is probably about $25 / wheel. it is a lot of work.

·
Registered
535 Posts
KF - we use it all the time here on the farm. Especially on the equipment that is used in the cow yard, which is a very corrosive environment. Wheels almost rot of that equipment.

We just liberally paint it on the rim and the tire bead and air it back up. It’s good until we run over something and puncture it. We get it at our local parts house in gallon cans. I not sure what we pay for it but I know it’s not $25 a wheel.
If you look around this operation there are plenty of tires of many different sizes we use when ever there is a tire problem. We also use it on the valve stems.

Tell your stepson that in order to not have flat tires in the winter, that he needs to let all the summer air out and replace it with winter air, he will be good to go.

LMAO.
My son when he was a teenager, along with his buddy, told my daughter that what she had to do. She actually did it. But when she found out she had been duped a small war broke out. 20 years later revenge is still in her eyes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts