Varmint Hunters Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Happy Birthday, JR.

KF, the Win 1897 is the hammered pump shotgun. They have gotten very expensive because of all the Cowboy Action Shooters. Also, like many older shotgun designs, they don't have a disconnector, so they will slam fire if you pump the action with the trigger held down. Be careful. Model 12s and the older Ithaca pumps are the same way. Need to be very careful with newbies that are not used to older guns.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
45º and sunny , up from 37º this morning. I've already been across town and picked up a load of freight. Today is not going to be one of my best. My oldest sister passed on Monday and we will be burying her in about an hour. The visitation yesterday was weird as there could only be 10 people in the room and no one could touch or even stand close. The graveside ceremony will be the same. My wife and I are among the 10 who can come close to the grave. Everyone else will have to stay in the car or thereabouts. Like I said, weird day. Happy Birthday JR, you are gaining on me yet.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Have a happy BD you young whipper snapper (abt 2.5 yrs younger than me).
Rick, very sorry abt your sis's passing. Funerals, weddings, nothing traditional these days.
Need to finish up anchoring the sleeve covering the drive shaft going to front end and test drive. In the mean time, we have the new(er) tractor bug. 0% is attractive. I'm only down 11.1% according to my advisor. Kinda like only having one scrotum dweller kicked through the gold posts of life instead of two. 😕 Not much in there compared to many but when its allyagot, it's the world.
Wind is still very, very healthy. 25-35 allll day y'day and maybe only 20-25 so far today. It is still whupping. Last night had 40s off and on trying to rattle the dbl panes on the N side. Dean, you can call off that Norse God of Zephyrs any time...please. Dirt? We have enough in the air w a lot of sand in our mellon county.
Short note today. Zeus the Lurker, keep on trucking and stop in on occasion. Tom out

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
GF, condolences on the loss of your sister. It is very different when a sibling dies. My older brother passed at age 60, 15 years ago. That left me as the last standing in the family. It takes some personal reconciling to adjust to being alone, even with your own wife and family.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Sorry to hear about your sister Rick. We’ve lost one friend and one family member in the past month and , like you said, it is strange not being able to gather as we usually do at such an occasion.

Mike, Yes. The ‘97 is the Winchester pump with an exterior hammer. There are plenty of them out there so I’m sure a bargain will appear sooner or later. If not, another brilliant idea will take its place. I haven’t been to one of the big Louisville shows in a few years but I remember seeing several of them there in the $400 range. Some were worth it, most were not......in my opinion.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts