Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Friday Morning

1K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  koger 
#1 ·
66° here in Upstate NY under cloudy and quite foggy conditions this morning. The high temperature today will be getting up to about 83° and be a nice day. No rain is in the forecast for today.

Yesterday was a mixed bag of activities, I was on the road for a bit, worked here at home and also found time to do nothing. Today my wife has to go and be with her Father for half a day and the same tomorrow. I have to go up to the gun club later on this afternoon as two of the trustees and I are going to put a new metal roof on the old shed. That will finish up our projects up there for this year pretty much. Other than that I may or may not get my yard mowed sometime today.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

#2 ·
Mornin George and the gang...
Low 70s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Going to help my brother hang gutter this morning.
If it don't rain us out. I was sleeping REAL good when
Elijah woke me up...lol guess I got used to sleeping in
on Fridays. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

#3 ·
Good morning gang. 66 here in NC Ohio with a dry day forecast, hope that holds till I get weeds knocked down in the yard. I had my last therapy app. yesterday and I also returned c-pap to Lincare the darn thing would wake me in 30 - 45 min. all night long with a dry mouth and they said it was me not the machine. They agreed to take it back after I showed up with a pound jar of Vaseline!!! Most excitement I've had since the start of this chinaese virus crap. One more cup of joe and out to the garden for a couple of hours of weeding, anyone wanting to join me is more than welcome!! Be safe and healthy. Prayers to all and country. Mike

#4 ·
morning all. 61 with high 70s later and a chance of rain today too. Warmest morning we've had this year, I like cool mornings... down in the mid to high 40s. No rain yesterday.
Just sprinkler work yesterday, and not much of that for a change. We've got several off now for cutting hay, and about out of ditch water too. Will be well water the rest of the supper, so many of the sprinklers will be off.
Whacked several p-dogs yesterday too.! Found a nice bunch of them in some tall dry grass in the corner of one field, hard to spot even when they're standing up!
Gwyn is taking our oldest son back to the west side of the state today, has been nice having him here for a few days, but he's bored with out life out in the sticks.
Have a great FRIDAY and be safe and healthy. Prayers for those in need.
GOD BLESS. Dean

#5 ·
Good morning, GoGo. I'm determined to post today, even if it's short. I got busy with work-work too early yesterday and never posted at all. Late last night I did go back and catch up with what's going on.

It's a really nice 69 degrees in Louisville, lower humidity, and only going to 91. We had a nice slow rain yesterday morning; not sure how much.

I promised to report on my friend Denise, diagnosed with breast cancer. She was at the cancer center six hours yesterday meeting with an oncologist and a surgeon. They're going to use a fairly new chemo drug administered in six doses, one every three weeks, followed by surgery. I don't' know the name of this wonder drug, but the docs said that with a tumor as small as hers, it's not unusual for the surgeon to go in and find that there simply is no tumor there. They are strong prayer warriors and asked me to thank you guys and ask you to keep Denise on your lists. Thank you!

Today I get to have lunch with a bunch of guys with whom I sang barbershop for years and years. We used to meet monthly at a Golden Corral buffet restaurant, but it has closed. Most of these guys are in their 70s and 80s, so the concern about Chinese Virus is very real to them. Accordingly, for this gathering we're going to try an outdoor pavilion at a park here in the county. We'll bring our own food, stay separated, and wear masks when we aren't munching. I think it'll go well.

Y'all have a good day and be safe out there.

#6 ·
Good FRIDAY morning folks. It's 74 here and wet this morning. We had a little shower last evening, hardly made things wet, then we must have gotten some of Mike's slow rain thru the night. Front is moving off to the east right now. Wish it would park over us for the day. It's only supposed to be in the mid 80's today. I might try to mow the yard after work if it dries. Knock the weeds down anyway. Seems that's all that's growing. I need to get the spray out and hit the ones in the paver sidewalks. Worked at the gun shop last night. Was on hold for a background check for over an hour and a half, just to get to speak to an operator. Check took all of a minute itself. This is getting ridiculous and I don't know how long I can keep this gun shop gig going. Ten bucks an hour ain't worth it, even with the discounts I get.

Well, I guess I need to get busy. I have a ton on my plate. Prayers continue...have a good one.

Charlie

#8 ·
Good morning from Waseca, currently it's 70 and headed for 84. Heat dome warning today. I think the weather people just dream up new and meaningless terms to make themselves feel important.
I got stuff mailed yesterday, I have ordered parts for my Swiss K 31 to make it easier to shoot with a sore shoulder and arm. I had a good catch up talk with the company founder, Pierre St Marie. We got acquainted 20 years ago when he was just getting started.
I spent the evening yesterday with a friend watching the sunset. Nice.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

#9 ·
Morning Gents! Its 75º and hazy here headed for the upper 80's. There are small chances for rain this afternoon and early evening.

We spent most of yesterday working and welding on a disc. We did get my buddies tractor moved and disc 2 ponds at my Son's place. It was a long day!

Todays plan is to load my tractor up and get it to my Son's place. We been trying all week but other stuff keeps coming up. Its really getting grown up and needs mowing!

Sam, really sorry to hear about your Aunt.

Prayers offered for Denice and any others in need.

You'll have a good one.

#10 · (Edited)
Great morning all,

A bit of cloud cover, 55° now, 82° later here in the wiles of Wyoming.

Yesterday morning was exercise & contortions to start. Just like the good old days in high school when I worked for an RV dealer. I chose to wire in a pair of USB outlets in the master bedroom oc the big doublewide. It took a couple hours and was successful in getting the wires poked into the tight confines. Debra Dearest helped and most importantly, is pleased with the results.

She brought her sewing machine on this trip and spent some time reloving a quilt she made for Danielle. A bit more to go to complete those repairs.

Today is moving day. We were going up on White Mountain to boondock but instead will be booking up & dragging the house to the other end of the fairgrounds. This spot is reserved for someone else so we have to vacate.

I cleaned up the Panda I bought. The barrel was unfouled with only 5-6 patches and just a few brush strokes. The trigger measured at 2.2oz. Time finds some rings and glass.

#11 ·
Good morning from 606 Kentucky where the fog is about burned off. Time to fluff the wet hay....my strategy worked. Cut Hay....you get rain. About 0.7 inch yesterday. Sure will help the 2 big fields of clover I cut next week.
Fluffer broke yesterday as I was raising the left side. Jackson and his big buddy welded it back when he got off work.
I see his new Baby Doll's car is next door this morning....she works 2nd shift and out in some overtime last night it seems.
Off to fluff hay, JB going to get her last Shingles shot.

#12 ·
Good morning everyone...nice and muggy this morning and going to be running a torch most of the day. I got called out to go to a place up by Geist reservoir where a customer was doing some land clearing and hit a manhole cover with their mower/grinder and knocked a tooth and backer off the drum. Took longer to get there than it did to weld it back on.
After I left the shop I went to my dad's and fired up the old Ford 550 backhoe and got it sold. Now I just need to get the old TD9 dozer fired up and sold.

Jr looks like he has 2 of the most useful tools on the job.....BFH's!

Not sure what I'm going to get into today but we will see soon enough.
Hope everyone has a good day!

#13 ·
Mid 70s this morning in the hollow with plenty of sunshine. it's been a fairly busy week with lots of small tasks accomplished and a bit of money has been made. Once the dew dries I plan to cut the grass. The 3 acres or so will take a little more than two hours with a small part being done with a push mower. I have a couple of orders to ship and who knows what else will come up. This weekend's match is on Sunday and I thought I might have some free time Saturday but I have a range orientation at 10 ans by the time I get back it will be time to pack up and head to a hotel in KY. My driving partner prefers to stay in a hotel over leaving at 3:30 AM on Sunday. I cab deal with either, but it does mean I won't be as tired on Sunday night. I have a counseling session (state required) on a reverse mortgage this morning. The is a do over as I'm not getting anymore $$, but I am getting a lower rate and qualifying for additional funds. So far the plan has worked well, but I am not comfortable seeing the rising balance on the loan even if I have no expectation of being the one to pay it.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

#15 ·
Morning all, 83 and headed to 88, feels like 88 now the weather said and I agree. Got a lot of smithing done yesterday, everything fell in place on everything I touched, love it when this happens. Got my 6.5 Grendel loading stuff in yesterday evening late, going to load up 10 rounds of 120 sp and 85 gr HP and see how they shoot. I will try the factory ammo again, but I fear it will be good only for the brass. My Aunts funeral is Sunday, and a young lady we go to church with died Wed. night, Heart attack, she had several different health issues, but was unexpected. We had several younger folks, about 25-30 die of overdoses on the same day, along with some folks in Pulaski, and Russel co. All were given drugs with Fetanyl in them, and a spec of that stuff will kill you. Well got to get going, you all have a good, Prayers continued for Denise and anyone else that needs them, Buff out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.