Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Friday Morning

1K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Greyfox 
#1 ·
64° here in Upstate NY this morning and there is some fog out there as usual for this time of year. The high temperature for today is to up to about 81° and be sunny. No rain in the forecast for today or tomorrow. There were some severe thunderstorms with hail in some counties below us late yesterday afternoon but they didn't get here.

Yesterday was a fairly quiet day, I got the large limb in the back cut up and that was about all the physical labor I did all day. We had a Membership Appreciation Day planned for Aug. 29th but we cancelled it due to the Pandemic. I think we could have safely had it but we didn't want to take the chance and I don't know how many would have wanted to attend. Today I have a few chores to catch on but nothing to serious so it should be an easy day.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

#2 ·
Good morning gents. Another coolish day on tap for Indy. 68 now and should top out around 80. Minus the rain. Might talk Julie into burning a little pistol ammo after breakfast and a butcher shop run. He tells me, “We don’t have hamburgers. We have ground beef patties.”
Off to break the fast. Have a good day.

#3 ·
Mornin boys...
Phone says its 72 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
looks like I might put a alt. on Tuckers car this morning. If
it came in at the parts store. Foggy out now and think there might be
a chance of some set stuff. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

#4 ·
Good morning from Waseca, currently it's 61 and clear, supposed to be 79 and no rain. I spent yesterday at the computer and taking the bolt out of my Noinco 22. The bolt takes two hands to open after firing. Turns out the main spring is too strong, now I need to get the bolt apart and find a new spring.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

#5 ·
morning all. 47 with a high of around 80 today, with chance of showers for the next several days... we'll see.
Didn't work on my service truck at all yesterday, moved sprinklers so we could cut hay, more of that today also. Boss man finally decided we should rake some hay, but it didn't get dry enough to bale, probably today.
Was really windy last night but calm this morning so far, nice to have the cool morning again.
Guess there is a mountain lion hanging around the area, seems everyone see it but me, guess I just don't stay up late enough and drive around with a spot lite out the window... oh well!
Better get moving, have a great FRIDAY and be safe, prayers for the needy and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

Please say a prayer for our Grandson, Jake, has doc appt today, seems to be getting worse instead of better. Still not sure just what is wrong, waiting on tests. Thanks.

#6 ·
Hamburgers sound so uncivilized when beef patties are available. Those who know are telling me my body is exposed to 62 degrees if I am outside at this time. Red T. Basset’s body is exposed to whatever the bed is at this time as we spent some time outside at 4:00AM Janet is tells me he is keeping me alive. Near dead but alive. Big air rifle match tomorrow and I leave at 5:00AM so unless I Paul a George Foster I won’t be posting here in the AM.

#7 ·
good morning folks. It's 74 outside and it's wet...well, damp. It rained sometime this morning and is supposed to rain off and on today. We sure need it. High is only supposed to get to 81. The days of 90's are over for at least a week...I hope. Worked at the gun shop last night and after I got home and ate, we didn't do anything, just watched some boob tube. I need to figure out what we're doing this weekend, now that I don't work Saturdays. Figures, they're calling for storms. Well, we may be able to take the boat out tomorrow morning for awhile. I'll check the fishing report today and watch the weather. Speaking of weather, looks like mom is going to have to deal with Hurricane Isaias in the next few days. Projected to hit Hatteras Mon night into Tues. Luckily it's a Cat 1, hope it fizzles out. Our friends she's with have been going there for nearly 50 years. This is only the 4th or 5th hurricane that they've had to deal with. Still, it sucks.

Hamburgers....bah humbug. Smashburgers is where it's at. I got a new Blackstone Griddle (Blackstone Products) for Father's Day and we make Smashburgers instead of hamburgers or "beef patties". Everybody remembers the greasy spoon food truck that used to drive around town serving the best burgers. Now you can do it yourself. (No wonder my doc just upped my cholesterol meds huh?):rolleyes:

Well, I guess I need to get busy. Prayers offered for relief for Jake and our other friends in need. Have a good one.

Charlie

PS - Koger, did foxhunter pm you about a trapdoor Springfield? :)

#8 ·
Good morning everyone...not a bad morning so far..cause it ain't raining and I can finish up the little bit of work on this trailer. I got in about 30 minutes on it yesterday morning then it rained or drizzled all day long. After doing inside work I pulled my dodge in the shop and popped the utility bed off of it and put the new to me truck bed on it. Sure is nice being able to see out the back window and over the bedside again. Now to get on getting the cab painted and all the other parts so it can be swapped out. Once I tear everything down I'll pull the bed again for reapaint, I got someone wanting to buy the utility bed already so it was a 2 hour swap.

As you can see the bottom half of the cab is about gone and both fenders and doors are rotted out pretty good. I figured I'd patch the old thing up and be a lot cheaper than buying a new truck that would probably succumb to Indiana rust after a few years anyway.

I will probably be in the shop all weekend working so I hope it stays somewhat cool but we shall see. Jr whacking yotes has got me wanting to get my AR set back up and hit some spots if I get time.

Hope everyone has a good day!

#9 ·
Good morning, GoGo. It's 72 in Louisville and only going to 82 because of thick clouds and rain. We've had something like 2 inches of rain in the past 24 hours, with more coming today and tomorrow. It's welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Yesterday I finished loading 6BR for Greyfox's UBR match tomorrow down in Dixon Springs, TN. We may have a little fog or haze, but the rain should hold down the mirage.

I think Miss Cindy and I are going to venture downtown today for the first time since March. Both of our CCW licenses are up for renewal and that requires a visit to the main sheriff's office. I think every other government function can be done at suburban branch offices, but for your CCW there's one office, down in the war zone. What's ironic is that I'm 99% sure you can't carry a weapon into the building. And the license holder has to do this in person, so Miss Cindy and I will have to walk through the war zone unarmed in order to enter the office where we are picking up our CCW renewals. There's something screwy about that.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

#11 ·
Morning Gents! Its 75º and cloudy here headed for the low 80's with chances of rain. They have been calling for rain the last few days so it will probably get here eventually.

We started the day yesterday running errands and ended up at my Son's place. I mowed for several hours and the tractor died. We headed into town to get a fuel filter and called it a day.

We'll start today making a run into Little Rock to take a injection pump to the shop for my buddies boys then go work on my tractor, if its not raining. I hope its something simple like a fungus in the diesel fuel.

Prayers offered for everyone in need.

You'll have a good one.

#12 ·
Lightman, since the Sulfur content was reduced, you need to add some chemicals to your Diesel storage tank to keep the Algae killed out. It is just another problem we face.

My JD has exhaust filters and MUST be run on Highway Diesel and it uses a Lot of it

#13 ·
Partly cloudy, 74º with rain in the forecast for today and tomorrow, which is fine. We can use some rain. Not sure what will get done today. I have a couple of orders to ship and will need to pack & sack for tomorrow's UBR match at Dry Branch. We are expecting rain most of the day, but except for flag placement, that shouldn't be a problem. I actually like to shoot it the rain for the most part as the wind seems a bit easier to read. I usually avoid political statements here and on other forums, but I have a suggestion/request for everyone. Consider changing your search engine to Duck Duck Go and eliminating Google from your computer as much as possible. If I need to explain why, you probably won't bother anyway. DDG doesn't track your searches and so far there is no indication they try to influence your thinking.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

#15 ·
Morning all, 80 headed to 84, humidity at 85% so it will feel like lower 90;s. Did not get much accomplished yesterday, aside from getting stung 3 times by hornets. All on the top of my head, and man did they hurt, had knots swelled up big around as a quarter, looked like a calf trying to grow horns. Going to try to do some loading today, 45/70 and 6.5CM for a friend. Maybe some 50/70. You all have a good one, prayers for Deans grandson and those that need them, Buff out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.