Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
61° here in Upstate NY under overcast skies this morning. The high for today is to get up to about 68° and be a nice day with a mild breeze, fall is starting to get here. I love the fall for the colors and my bird hunting but I dread the season that comes after it.

I went to the plastic surgeon about the cyst on my face yesterday and this coming Tuesday he will be taking it off. The rest of the day saw me mowing my yard for two hours so that is done for another week. My Grandson wants me to build him a new gaming desktop computer and sent me what he wants in it. I started figuring out the cost of the components yesterday and they will be between $100 -$1500. Today I have to be on the road this morning for awhile and then I will be working around here for the rest of the day.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Good Morning from NC Ohio at 59 going to 79 with clouds. Should be a much better day, not as humid or hot till rain Sat. night. I do have grave side services for an uncle that passed away on Saturday. Be safe and healthy. Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
Good early morning, GoGo, at least for Mikey. It's a warm 70, going to 85 today.

I'm up early to blast off for Boyle County Fish & Game Club a bit southwest of Lexington. It should be about a 90-minute drive. Please say a prayer that God watches over us and we have a safe two-day event.

I can't post without reminding us all that today is 9-11. I'm sure every one of us remembers that day back in 2001 when the Muslim jihad killed thousands of Americans, including an attack on our Pentagon.

Y'all have a good'n and watch yourselves today. Doug, eat a stack of pecan pancakes or waffles for me this morning.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, currently it's 48 and cloudy, supposed to be 55 and raining this afternoon.
It's good to be home. Today is unloading the RV. Then going to my daughter's and get the cats. I am sure they will be happy to get back home.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
12,288 Posts
Morning boys...
Upper 60 here high on RUGER MT this morning with fog.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Administrator
11,729 Posts
Good FRIDAY morning folks. It's 72 and sunny here, still humid, but getting better. Supposed to be a nice weekend, other than being too windy to fish. I don't play when they say "small craft advisory". :mad: I'm not sure what we'll get into. I worked at the shop last night and actually got out on time for a change. It was raining off and on, so didn't get my grass mowed. Maybe I'll skip out a bit early today and do that? I'm actually in the office today. First since mid-March. We have a new intern starting Monday and I'm supposed to give him an intro on our system, etc. I needed some paperwork from my desk, so I figured I'd just work here today for awhile. Probably leave around lunch time. We'll see. I better get to doing what I came to do.

Prayers sent. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Great morning folks,

Chilly & damp at 50°, mostly cloudy with peeks at blue sky here near HalfwayUSA.

I cut too much wood yesterday. I had the truck full & figured "just one more tree" would full up the rest of the trailer. Hooooboy, I dropped a big one & it more than filled the trailer. Had to get a little creative to get it all loaded for the trip home. So, lots of splitting and stacking awaits & I'm a bit tuckered out. I do have to change out the kitchen sink drain baskets. The stoppers no longer keep water from draining & those style are no longer available. I'm going to install a name brand that has been around for decades, that way when they wear out, I will be able to get parts.

Today will be better spent enjoying some rummage sales.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
morning all. 32 with 99% humidity, should get into the mid to high 50s today, then warmer and dry for all next week.
Worked on my baler yesterday, got it all ready to go again. Oil leak fixed, twine filled up ect. Maybe today I'll drain sprinklers, didn't get to that yesterday.
Will still be a few days before the hay is dry enough to bale again.
Better get around, slept in and now we're late.
Have a great FRIDAY and be safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Good mornin all it's 68* here and some fog this morning. Hope you all are doing well, have a blessed day.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Good sunny morning from the sticks of ....... you know.
Dean has cool weather and it won't be long before it spreads here. Skruske has enough firewood cut for 10 years but ain't done yet. Hope he gets done before I get there next week.
Hope to see MPC on way up.and maybe FB at some point.

I wend down to visit a Legend yesterday. Sam Koger was a gracious host and we shot a lot of his old Single Shot rifles. .
Here he is with a Custer Rifle. Custer would have been better off with M4s and M60s.

I think it was a 45-70, he will correct me. We shot a steel gong at 130 yards and I actually hit it a few times. My close up vision is not good enough for this Open Sights shooting.
We had a great time and Sam is the Toughest man I know. It takes a lot to stop him.

Today, I hope to finish hay hauling and fence it with lectric fence.
Remember 9-11 today. I'm sure you do.

·
Registered
12,529 Posts
Good morning GGVG
Another beautiful morning in southern ky
Uall have a great day....sorry for your loss mike...prayer sent

·
Registered
966 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 72º and partly cloudy here headed for the low 90's.

Yesterday was a slow day. The Wife's Sister had another one of her meltdowns and my Wife had to take her to the hospital. They all but told her that whatever was wrong with her was between her ears. This is the 2nd anniversary of their Mothers death and she had a meltdown last year too. Can you say "drama queen"? She's fat, lazy, single, supposably disabled and is always in some kind of meltdown, or she's thinking about the next one. Anyway I spent the day unsupervised in the loading room.

I started today running behind. I should be at the deer club by now and I'm just now finished loading up. We're keeping the SIL's cat while she is playing sick in the hospital and him and my cat had a hiss fight during night! So we slept in a little bit this morning. Oh well. I'm not on anyones clock so I'll be there when I get there!

Prayers offered for those in need. Please remember 911 today.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Late morning check in you all, computer had to have some work done on it before it would open to the net. Had a ball with JR down yesterday. And dont let him tell you he cant shoot. I went over and measured some 3 shot groups he shot with different rifles, he had trouble with the open sights, but he shot some groups, at 130 yds, that went 1 1/2 and 1 3/4", with guns over 100 years old. I had some original Remington, and Husqvarna rolling blocks, and some original trapdoors along with a Win. Hi Wall in 38/55. What surprised me, was the 1/8" and over dents those lead slugs made in the I beam we were shooting at. I had a ball, since I dont get out too much, and we talked guns, poliitics and solved some of the worlds problems. I believe more trigger time would make the world a better place, one way or another.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts