Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
47° here in Upstate NY this morning, it is cloudy and we are getting light rain. The high today will only be getting up to about 50° with rain most of the day. It will be some different from yesterday when it got up to 71°. We will have a light breeze today is what they are forecasting.

Well today I have to be on the road to fix computers, it has worked out well though a nasty day and work and I get to hunt again tomorrow. Yesterday Rusty and I were out hunting but it was to warm really. We are finding a few birds but it a tough season so far, we are both enjoying ourselves and that is what counts. We need a couple of hard frosts to knock some of the undergrowth down as some are are very thick yet.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 36 and cloudy, there was some rain last night. High is 45 .yesterday was too windy for quality time at the range. So I cleaned rifes.
I had plans head north for an estate sale. But the forecast in Walker is snow this weekend. I can stay home.
There's plenty to do here.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Good morning GGVG 40 here in NC Ohio with the promise of sunshine after a little frost a high of 51. I did get hold of 100 rounds of federal 223 at Sportsman Den yesterday, should work in the Springfield rifle. A limit of 100 rounds per customer per week, remember the days when sale ads begging you to buy? Be safe the virus is showing strong in this county too. Prayers to all and country, President Trump for strength to deal with election. Mike

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Mornin boys...
Low 50s here high on RUGER mt this morning.
Aint looked out but thought I heard rain. Found some ammo
for the 57, I hope, and should have it ordered today. And maybe
a die for it. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
39° with a little frost on the windshield this morning. I just finished reading through yesterday’s posts. I got busy yesterday morning and it didn’t stop all day. The good news is that I got the basement door installed yesterday evening. Had to tear out the old frame and part of a wall and cut the new door down a few inches. It took some time but I got it finished before the rain came along. No work today. Heading to the doctor for a routine checkup and will probably stop in a nearby gun shop To see what they have to offer.
Happy Birthday to your mother Mike. I live right down the road from my Mom and I’m thankful for her every day.
Good luck to Scott and Douglas today. Sounds like George and Rusty are living the dream.

I might do a little caulking and painting later, if the weather cooperates. We shall see.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
morning all. 32 with a breeze, upper 60s later.
Got another tractor serviced yesterday, will try to get the balers parked and un-hitched today...we'll see.
Not much else took place yesterday around here, was a nice day but got windy toward evening.
Better keep moving along, prayers for those in need and our country and leaders.
Have a great FRIDAY and be safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
11,775 Posts
Good morning folks. TGIF. It's 54 here with clouds. We're in between the rain on the radar. South, north and west of us. We may get a shower, but I doubt it. Only supposed to get up near 60 today. It's starting to cool down and head into fall/winter. Days are really getting short. I guess we'll be changing the clocks before long. That'll have me all messed up. I haven't used an alarm since March, working from home. Guess I need to start thinking about getting my stuff together for muzzle loader bear season tomorrow? Dig out the MZ, measure out some charges, find my orange hunting hat and vest. Might as well get Lillie's stuff together too while I'm at it.

Well I'm not getting anything done here babbling. Prayers sent. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Administrator
1,712 Posts
I am on my way to have an Iron supplement infusion this morning. I have been anemic for years but it has gradually gotten worse. Wound up in the hospital a while back over night as the pumped two pint of blood into me. Not sure what the infusion is going to be like, but will let you know later. Prayers to all in need and for this country. Special prayers for our President, that he can maintain himself during this stressful election times, a special prayer that the democrats get exactly what they deserve now ans after the election.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Morning all, 47 headed to 69 today. Beautiful fall day, have to run some errands early, then back home and fill up the deer feeders, change the camera cards, getting ready for ML season here tomorrow . The wife and I should have 2 does down at least by the time this weekend season is over, drove down the road and back, saw 18 does the other night and 3 young bucks, All of these were within 1 mile of my house. Got out ML;s out yesterday, and shot them, dead one, they are every year, but I dont take anything for granted. A buddy came over and shot his too, dead on. We also zeroed my Browning Hi Wall in .40/82, had to shim the scope, but after 6 shots we settled down and shot a 3 shot group each, me and my buddy. We were shooting at close to 150 yds. Mine went into about 3/4" and his a little tighter. The gun is so heavy it is like shooting a .22.This was shot with as cast bullets, weighed and lubed, and loaded with no crimp. It shot these much better. Well got to get going, you all have a good day, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Good morning all. It's clear up to 35 in Indy already and should get near 60. There's frost around but it won't slow me down, I didn't sign up to play golf today. Played 9 holes yesterday before the rain ran us off. I would've liked to continue but the rain picked up just as we arrived at the #10 tee . Too chilly, too wet.

Nothing except staying warm on the dance card today. I'm confident! Have a good day.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Morning Gents! Its cooler here this morning and the Sun is out making for a really nice day. The Wife has my phone tied up talking with a tech about a problem that we're having with our alarm so I have no temp report this morning.

It started raining here yesterday before I got off of here so we canceled out mowing plans. The tractor has a cab but I didn't really want to be the tallest thing on top of the levee just in case there was a stray lightning bolt lurking around up there someplace! So I spent most of the day in the loading room. I ran 4 batches of brass through the tumbler, after depriming all of it. I also got some more straightening up done.

Not sure what the day holds yet. The Wife is wanting to go eat lunch with the oldest Granddaughter thats doing the on-line school thing at home and I'll go with Her. After that I'll probably crank the tumbler back up. And I have those 4 batches of brass from yesterday to sort and put away. Our ML Deer season starts tomorrow but I don't really feel up going. My 2 best early stands are in some bottoms that are flooded and I don't think any of the regulars are going to be there. A few years ago I reached the conclusion that I didn't need to be down there alone with no phone service. One should get wiser with age, right?

Prayers offered for our Country and others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
8,697 Posts
s p a a a a m ^ ^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
574 Posts
Spotted 81 deer on a 40 acre wheat field about a mile from the house about sunup this morning. Probably saw 20 more in the next 2-3 miles while just driving down the road. Don't look like a shortage this year. Just wished the turkey and quail were as plentiful. I'll try to get pics on the pooter and posted on the elk camp story. I'm very slow at this tecky stuff...LOL
Spent yesterday with our pastor. He had knee surgery and so wifey and I got to play family for him. He is single and lives in parsonage by the church. We drove about 60 miles to the hospital, waited (in the parking lot) till he got out of recovery. Tried to get him to come home with us a few days, but he wanted to go home. We load him up in car and drove both cars to his house and get him settled in. My little wifey (a nurse) got him settled into house and gave him a good talking to about do's and don'ts. LOL....said he realized now why he wasn't married
Prayers for all of you and say one for our great country.

Reactions: MPC in Ohio

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Good morning everyone.....sitting here at the house in lockdown and just had a damn covid test. I feel fine so far except for the normal allergy type stuff I usually have. My daughter is feeling a little worse as well as my wife. Nothing too bad.
We went to my moms on Saturday for a cookout ....she's been hiding out and not gone anywhere since it all started. My step-dad took a leave from his job at Wal-Mart to keep from getting itas well. He come down with it somewhere and didn't get sick until the day after the cookout. He tested positive Wednesday. Then my mother got symptoms Thursday.
He has started feeling better already ...he's 72.
Guess I'll get some work done around the house for a few days.

Hopefully nobody gets any worse. I had a headache last night for a while but could be from allergies or my screwed up sinuses hard to tell. So far just the normal body aches I always have here and there.

Tried to get a rapid test this morning but they do a limited amount per day. They open at 8 and stop by 8:30.:rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Administrator
1,712 Posts
Shane many prayers that you and your whole family get to feeling better soon. To my knowledge I have not been exposed, try to be very careful. Haven't been tested in a while except get my temp taken ever time I make a doctor visit, which seems like nearly every day lately. Maybe soon I will get settled down. Hope all has a great weekend and stays safe from the virus and all other maladies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts