Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something you don't see everyday.
Picture was taken at one of the John Deere plants on the edge of town. The buck just wondered into the parking lot and allowed the workers to come up to it and pose for pics.
Looks like its atleast a 160 class or better. It looks to be very small for the bucks around here (body size)
The DNR came out to investigate and determined there was something wrong with it (you think) and dispatched it. I would imagine they will test it for CWD and other diseases. There haven't been any other confirmed cases of CWD in the state of Ia.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Interesting eyes............

And he looks ...... um.... cold.
Hehe

·
Registered
8 Posts
The guys in the pictures are not too bright, an animal that size could easily kill one or more of them. Just because it is dopy at the moment does not mean it could not spaz out at any minute and come back to it's senses and start acting like a Deer :)

Bill

This is something you don't see everyday.
Picture was taken at one of the John Deere plants on the edge of town. The buck just wondered into the parking lot and allowed the workers to come up to it and pose for pics.
Looks like its atleast a 160 class or better. It looks to be very small for the bucks around here (body size)
The DNR came out to investigate and determined there was something wrong with it (you think) and dispatched it. I would imagine they will test it for CWD and other diseases. There haven't been any other confirmed cases of CWD in the state of Ia.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Willbird...

Look the deer over a bit and read my post

·
Registered
84 Posts
very symetrical rack as i agree the deer would likely score around 160. if the G2's and brow tines (G1's) were any longer he would easily be in the 170's.

not to sure i would be touching, much less "holding" onto a wild deer's horns. will be interesting to find out if the deer was suffering from CWD or something else. very beautiful deer though.

cb <*)))>{

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Follow-up

It would be interesting to hear what the DNR learned about the deer. It does look a little thin in the hind quarters. Could it develop such a rack if it were very sick? Curious......

-West

·
Registered
9,066 Posts
The eyes definitely are pretty weird and yes, the guy holding onto those antlers, was not using good judgement.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hawkeye are you---

jerking my chain? I believe just maybe, that is a forgery. The hair ain't laying just right on that varmint for some reason. It still looks better than the one I killed this year.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is the real deal, it showed up in the local paper this week also. It will be interesting to find out what was wrong with it, if they let it out.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I still think it is a

.... well, go BACK and look at the pic closer and decide for yourself.
Heheheheheheheheheh. Duh...

·
Registered
751 Posts
Nice taxidermy job

·
Registered
169 Posts
OK, I can`t take it any longer

Guys...... C`mon!....
Jeeze, grab a magnifying glass or run it through Adobe photoshop or whatever. If these 49 year ol eyes can see it you young bucks ought to be able to.

1) The eyes are off in different directions. The deer`s right eye is rolled out and the left is halfway rolled.
2) left rear leg ... he`s standing "hipshot" like a horse.
3) Uh,... the fur? If that is a live deer we should name him Dr. Hairclub and introduce him to Conan O'brian.
4) The rack----- Exactly how long would a deer with a rack like THAT stay alive in a parking lot with guys with pickup trucks?

Nice try. Next time they freeze a deer they should put his ears where they belong. Been there done that a long time ago.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I suspect...

that mount will adorn the wall of some DNR poobah's home or office! Dandy buck for sure.

vardoc

·
Registered
24 Posts
something isnt right...

the guys in the background seem to look as if the deer isnt even there...ill bet it is a mounted deer..the guy holding it looks like he may be holding on kinda tight possibly holding it up with his eldows against his body like that..i may be wrong though..

·
Registered
169 Posts
MS .... how does it feel...

to be WRONG all those years?

HAHAHA!!! Just kidding MS.
The wife says I never do anything that would cause me to have a guilty conscience,.... because I don`t HAVE a conscience, hahahah!
Happy New Year man.

·
Registered
9,066 Posts
Think I got suckered on this one........Oh well, at least it was in 06 so I didn't start the year out in "Duhhhh mode".

·
Registered
55 Posts
.... well, go BACK and look at the pic closer and decide for yourself.
Heheheheheheheheheh. Duh...
I'm with the Bear on this one. The eyes are dulled over, and dry. The scuffs on the fur look set, as if rigormortis has set in, and the belley looks like he's already been field dressed.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty certain he's been dead for a while.:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts