Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
12,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having a talk with Lillie before bed. I asked if she was excited to have a new brother coming and she said she was. I explained that she should never get mad if she's not the center of attention all the time after the baby comes. I told her mommy and daddy and us will always love her just as much as her new brother, but the baby is going to take a lot of their time and attention.

She teared up and I asked what was wrong? She said she might not like it when he gets big enough to hunt because I might take him and not her! I told her that by the time he's old enough to hunt maybe she can help teach him too! She smiled...

Today would have been my dad's 70th birthday. He's sorely missed. He sure would have loved this little girl, probably even more than me.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
You done good Charlie...I'm sure she hadnt thought about it that way.
now she'll have something to look forward to,and I'm sure.she be good at it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Charlie, you're a very lucky man to have a GD like her treasure the time. Mike

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Good job Papaw...... Still awaiting the boy's debut it seems.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
That was a great little story! Thanks for sharing it with us. A little girl like that will add years to your life.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Gotta love those grands….Got a couple handfuls of them. Now the greats are springing up everywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
We don’t see our great grands very often as they live in the Detroit suburbs. They have things to do down there. When they do come here, it’s to go to the beach on Lake Huron. However there is one who keeps you guessing on what will come out of her mouth next. A month ago we all went to an upper scale restaurant for what’s in Port Huron. We were seated at a table for eight near the waitress station. One waitress was getting glasses of water and dropped one. Immediately Hailey said, “It wasn’t me.” Our daughter said she thought Hailey learned that from me.
Innocent me?

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
I was working on some small drop point belt knives just the other day, Charlie, and I got to thinking that I ought to make one with real slim scales in a man-made material like Micarta or resin. Using the man-made stuff, you can get any color of the rainbow, including various swirly mixtures. Let me know when she's big enough to start helping with the skinning/butchering and I'll see if I can't make that happen. Maybe something like these colors:

A big part of the fun in using material like this is that the customer/recipient can browse through websites just like we used to page through the old Sears Roebuck catalog looking at all the wondrous things we might ask for as Christmas or birthday gifts.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I can relate Charlie. My two children were Military and had babies across the Pond now I have Great Grand Babies BUTT seems like they live a world away
The good news is wife # 3 has a 2 1/2 year old and she is ours on weekends since she was born They R indeed God's gift to us Old Farts

Jim

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Cute, cute and cuter...... That must be Madison.

Reactions: JRinKY
1 - 17 of 17 Posts