Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen twice where people have mentioned that fur prices were going up. I was curious what people are getting out of furs these days. I was also curious if anyone on here from Ohio could tell me where to take furs in case I actually "acquired some"... <grin> Any input on similar topic is welcome. TIA

·
Registered
627 Posts
Tack25-- I'm not from Ohio, but up here in NW North Dakota and Eastern Montana I have seen in-the-round coyotes sell for from $10 on up to $50. The run-of-the-mill coyotes are even bringing $30 to $35. I guess, from what the fur buyer told me, that most of the coyote fur is being used for trim on garments and not for making full coats out of the fur. They aren't terribly concerned with the color because they can dye the fur to suit their needs. The "color" part of his pitch may have been there to keep sellers from expecting a better price for the pale northern coyotes we sometimes bag up here in NW ND and Eastern MT.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.