Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you "ole timers" may remember, I lost my favorite chuck hunting pardner to another man. My daughter went and got hitched about 2 years ago and hasn't hunted with me since. The new son-in-law has and that sorta makes it a little better. I just got the news that my daughter and her hubby are giving me a replacement pardner. Preliminary tests say that things are going good and I'm going to be a Pappy for the first time. It's a boy. To say that we are extremely excited would be an understatement and I just had to share the news with my GGVG family. This is a pic of my daughter that I first posted several years ago, with one of her chuck kills. Thanks for looking. Bill..........

Dee, at age 20. She killed this chuck with a Ruger in 223 from about 168 yds while using the shooting sticks.

·
Registered
555 Posts
You WILL enjoy those grandkids.....

Have to take this opportunity to post a pic of my hunting pards.....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Congratulations

YOu have the right to be proud ! Maggie & I were blessed with our
first Grand Child (Gracie) on January 15th of this year. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bill, it will be better than you ever imagined!!

My little Miki is 20 months old and is so much joy to my wife and I that I can't describe it...
I know that sounds gushy and ...ya' sorta' like an ol' woman... but its true.
We just helped the kids move into a new house last weekend - it has a lily pond in the back yard and Miki was right out there trying to brain the koi with rocks. Made this old varmint hunters heart glad to see the huntress in her. I have already got the rifle and scope picked out for her first PD hunt. A grandson will be just super.
Congratulations!!
george

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Way to go PapPaw! My girls have been married 6 years

and we don't have any grandchildren yet at all. I told both of them the other day if they don't get busy pretty soon I'm gonna enroll em both in classes! HA HA HA.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Congratulations!!!!

I can see why some dude wanted to steal your daughter away!!
Enjoy the new grandson!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Don't ever let---

the little varmint see in your gunsafe like I did. His first word was "mine" when he peeked inside. Only have half the guns I used to have.
Just kidding, there nothing like Grand-kids. Teach them to shoot and they will always be under your feet.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The little feller will have a good teacher

I can't wait until our grandson can start going with me although I'm concerned the local groundhogs will be extinct by then.

I've had the thrill of watching our granddaughter work on a few PDs and was amazed how quickly she caught on.

Hope the little feller is healthy and has a good pair of eyes.

A. Weldy

·
Registered
303 Posts
Then and now

In 1984, first deer hunting trip-age 4. She finishes her Masters Degree this semester.

Oct 2006, got her buck today-age 26:) Yeah, that's me, walking her down the aisle.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Pappy ha some things to teach his new partner...

Boys need to learn things that only a father or grandpa can teach. Things such as how to shoot, drive, spit, size up women and etc. Your daughter is already capable of teaching your grandson firearm safety and some shooting tips. I hope, some day, to take my grandson hunting. His mother is against firearms and hunting. She seems to be mellowing a bit altho'. You are a lucky man. Enjoy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts