Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A prairie dog shooting partner is giving it up...selling all his long range PD rifles and never going West again.

Many great trips in 12 years however 4500 miles RT, oh and those 12 years added to our SS collecting status and proven areas dwindling to ghost towns makes his decision understandable.

Will always have memories of the ground crawling with prairie dogs, outstanding shooting and always great fellowship...and still enjoying vicarious trips along with present board members now will hold me.

I am not selling my PD rifles just yet...need to have at least one if venture West of the Mississippi.

Best.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I can relate to you both Dave. I've begun unloading my Deer Rifles and a 40 XB KS I had for the express purpose of P-Doging. Can't part with the M700-5R .223 yet though. Age and health have taken their toll on me. And like you I have some wonderful memories and the good fellowship of a life long friend. Between us, we're doing a lot of Rimfire shooting now days and "remembering when".

·
Registered
977 Posts
I sold all my PD rifles, all of my reloading equipment,
down to that last grain of powder back in 2011. I had
an empty building and gun safe.
Then I got the urge to see what UBR is. Now I'm
knee deep in stuff again, at a higher price than when
I sold out. Its just a $$vicious$$ cycle. LDS

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Once we get to the bottom of that slippery slope, it's hard to climb back out, no matter how much gear has been jettisoned. Might as well roll with it, eh Larry?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Fond memories make long hard days worth living.

Steven

·
Registered
720 Posts
Selling Pd rifles

I hope to still shoot PDs at least once a year. Only missed two years out of .the last 28. This year was exceptional.

·
Administrator
3,051 Posts
One of my most prized possessions are my memories of old friends, past adventures, old hunting spots and so on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts