Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Glock's big announcement today is the introduction of the Glock 44. It's a .22lr disguised as a Glock. Considering they made much hoopla leading up to this you'd think they'd proof read their own stuff. The "Technical Data" lists the WEIGHT of the gun with a loaded magazine, an empty magazine, and without the magazine. Trouble is those specs are given in MM and INCHES. Never could understand the metric system.

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g44

Edit: They've corrected their data to grams and ounces. I understand it now.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Apparently, the slide is some type of "hybrid" polymer and metal, and already some are failing (slides), and some are firing out of battery, the dreaded Glock "Ka-Boom" that the centerfires are famous for. I think they'll take some time to sort it out. There are youtube videos out already, so it seems to be common enough that it can be recorded.

Ruger SR-22s have had their issues with parts breakages, and the Smith M&Ps have been seen with really rough barrels, so all the newer stuff needs some time to get "right", though Glock claimed to have worked 3 years on this one.

Time will tell, but personally, I'm getting tired of companies making US the beta testers, shouldn't they be doing this themselves?

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Rimfire board is beating this thing up. Quite a few cracked slides and a few OOBD's that I can see. Some are praising and some are damning. At this point the damnings seem to be winning.
I don't know if SV ammo is recommended or not.
Kinda pricey. Well, it is a Glock.

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
None for me

We were in our favorite local shop Friday evening. They're selling the Glocks as fast as they get 'em. I have a S&W Victory and a Ruger Wrangler. Both fun to shoot but I don't need them let alone any more.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
FYI. The latest (Feb '20) Gun Digest came in the mail yesterday. They liked the Glock, in spite of the fact they had many failures to feed, failure to extract and failure to eject. They felt many of the problems were due to poor quality ammo. They tried 18 different brands of ammo, and 1500 rounds tested. They shot for accuracy at 7-10 yards, and typically was around 2" groups.

With those kind of results, I wouldn't touch one with a 10ft pole.

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Got my hands on one Sunday at Rural King. Charlie is right. It feels like a toy.

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope

And here's another first day, first post, barely in American, with a link. Are you sae these scammers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts