All invited to attend= will schedule shoots as weather and work permits us
got to pack it and sack it
over and out
Doc:)

·
Registered
971 Posts
Morn All

Good to see the folks in Tn. are up and about early this morning. And not a hang over in sight. Much better to see what is coming at us this way. Have a good one all.
I am loading and still planning trip. Hope I get to see who I can when I can on the road trip.
Mike (looking for fuel) Murphy

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning Doc And Mr. Murphy And Tha GGVG Crew!

Good morning to all! It's good to hear from the north and south ends of the world this morning, Mike being in Oh and Doc in Tn, kind of got us folks surrounded here in Ky! HA :) :D Wake up everyone and lets get the ball to rolling this morning! Take care and have a great day!! :)

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good Morning

Doc you put lots of miles on just to look into peoples mouths donts ya?;)
Never the less your doing a good job there.:)
Ordering some rings and last minute stuff for the br so I'll be ready to go when the stock man gets his job done. :rolleyes:
Mike I hope you find enough fuel for your trip..those little cans and little trucks don't hold much fuel. Ya have ta find them big ones and use a BIG hose.:D Everyone have a good day today.

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
Further South reports a brisk 44* but windy

So we're rackin' & stackin' are we? I always liked Knox. Kinda sits pretty and had a good gun show near a commercial bread bakery. Liked the smell when getting up for breakfast before getting to my tables. Also a pretty good steak house on out of town a ways we'd try and hit that Sat night.

Puttin' on an extra layer down here to deal with the wind till it warms back up. Getting some good responses to things for sale so visions of bbls, new chamberings and such are filling my head.

Heck, the day has barely started and I am rambling all over the countryside already. Better watch my p's and q's at work.

My diesel straight truck has a good sized step tank but only on one side Murph, so don't know if it'd be worth you trouble to sidle up to it...:D

Keep the shiny side up everyone.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
good morning ggvg!

Hope everybody has a good day today. It will be my first day back in 10 days, that makes it alittle rough. I wanna stay home and shoot somthing! Oh well I'd better go. Thank you Kenny U for youre help, I had all but givin up. Try to throw in a pic of Doug H and a fox. c-yall

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Doc & GGVG Friends

A gooooooooooooooooooooooood morning from deep in the Southern,
Bluegrass. 38.3 degrees here and looks like the rain has stopped for
a day or two anyhow. Good to see several of "tha troops" up and attum
this morning. Looking forward to a visit from MLM & his lovely wife Pat
soon. Hey Murph, I just have a 275 gal fuel tank for my mower, so that
is probably not gonna last long with the 4 inch siphoning hose. :D Well,
looks like "Tha Old Grey Headed Phardt" is still hung up on the roost pole
this morning. Maybe too much celebrating reckon ? :D My advice to him
is to practice, practice, practice, cause I am gonna be burning powder
between now and the BBB. I had a great time shooting last Saturday
with "Tha Gang at Buck Creek". Guess Doc is doing bag practice with
his "Big Boomer" keeping his finger out of the trigger shoe. :D Speaking of
Doc, sounds like "Old Doc" is off on the road again today with his trusty
sidekick Ms Goodbody. Rumor has it that she is a spitting image of Jessica
Simpson ! :D Guess Nurse Goodbody will be serving refreshemnts at the
Bird Dog Shooting Emporium & Pleasure Palace when we shoot there soon.
Probably gonna be a "large crowd" just to get to see Nurse Goodbody !
Time to get back to the rockpile today after a few days loafing. Hope each
of you has a great day today. God bless.....

Don M.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Good morning all, it's back in the old grind again. I hope you all had a nice and quiet New Year, well I better get crackin. Have a great day and God Bless.
Joe

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Mornin doc, MLM, James, KU, K9 n gang!

Well alright then=
Road trip to east TN=Knoxville today
Sounds like the ole Birdog has fixed us another
good shootin' range set -up to shoot unknown
distances up to 500 yds.= it'll be good real world
PD practice= see it= range it(w/ lazer RF)= use drop chart = dail up=
shoot it= hit it=
all within 1 minute= shootin' @ swinging gongs 4" and life sized PD
and ground hog steel silouttes out to 500 yds.=
tough but great practice= forgot to
mention eggs also @ these same ranges and set-ups
All invited to attend= will schedule shoots as weather and work permits us
got to pack it and sack it
over and out
Doc:)
Whew! What a bizzy holiday seezin! Gotta go to work to rest up!!:D

Good to see y'all this morining...Happy New Year to all and our nation!

Well, I see the ol' RAT is still shlepin' around - prolly shuffling about in his new thong, robe and slippers...headed for the hot tub and his yellow duckie! Git UP U OL RAT!!

Random range varmint match...NOW YER TALKIN!!!!:cool: No flags, no sighters...Just range and read (the mirrage) and shoot for max WHOP! That is just like fall - winter PDs. I call 'em "one shot wonders", cuz unlike spring PDs, ya only get one shot, as a rule. So, ya have to make it count; none of this "shoot, correct and fire for effect" stuff...Real varmint situations. Sounds like a blast!

Well, rumor has it I might be going on a goose hunt in the next few weeks. I've never hunted geese, so this will be a first. I saw a new Rem SP-10 at the Gander Mtn. store yesterday. I'm pretty sure my Win 101 w/ 3" and 1-3/4 oz of #2s or #4s in Tungsten or HeavyShot would work pretty well up to 50-60 yards. But, I've always wanted a 10 ga ever since Ithica came out with their Mag 10 (sold to Remington and now appearing as the SP-10(??), according to one account). Just something about a 3-1/2" round bigger than my thumb that appeals to me, I guess!:rolleyes:

Have a good week! Good to see y'all up and about!

P.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Ah! There ya are! I switched my format to "Threaded", and it has the old format topic tree, and I like that very much. Once again I can see who responded to what - just like before! Only now it has all the new bells and whistles of the new format...Way kewal!!

Anywayz, I hear ya when U talk about burning powder...I may not end up on top at the BBB - LOTS of good shootin' folks there, but I ain't gonna get distracted beforehand and go to the range "half cocked" like I did at both the BBB and the TG last year! You can rest assured Da Galz n Boyz fm Illinoiz is gonna do our best to rob KY of that State Trophy - keep it circulating, as it were! LOL!

Have a good un, my friend.

p.

·
Registered
446 Posts
363 days until Christmas!

:)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Was there a thread on the Buck Creek shoot?

Guess Doc is doing bag practice with
his "Big Boomer" keeping his finger out of the trigger shoe. :D
Good morning, Don. Since you brought up Saturday's Buck Creek shoot, did anyone report the results of that get-together online? Maybe I just missed it. Or maybe the winners happened to be all the humble guys. :) I had a blast learning about chiggers and such, and I was flat amazed at the overall level of shooting. Congrats again to you for placing so well in your first shot at chigger-whacking.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Yep I use the threaded mode. Much like the old format and seems to take less time to load the page.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Good morning, Don...Congrats again to you for placing so well in your first shot at chigger-whacking.
I imagine most of youz guyz down south are pretty familiar w/ chiggers...They tend to like tight places, so I recon they give ol Don fitz - under his Speedo. U recon so too??

P.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I Doubt It Mike

Good morning, Don. Since you brought up Saturday's Buck Creek shoot, did anyone report the results of that get-together online? Maybe I just missed it. Or maybe the winners happened to be all the humble guys. :) I had a blast learning about chiggers and such, and I was flat amazed at the overall level of shooting. Congrats again to you for placing so well in your first shot at chigger-whacking.
Since it was a practice session I doubt that it will be posted on the IBS
Website. Jackie or some of the fellows that kept score would probably
have to do that becasue they are the only one that has access to the
score records. I think as best as I remember (and that isn't good some
times), the winnning score was 250 & 23X.

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
363????

Is this some of that fuzzy math I've heard tell of? :eek: :eek: You gonna have to 'splain thar one to me.:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts