1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well alright then=
Its a good Monday as many of us are off=
I'll take it regardless
Wish KY Fisherman, Paul, George, Mister Don M and John B.
could have shot w/ us yesterday @ Birdog range- it was the best ever
read the BD Range thread for details
over and out
Doc :)

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Doc & Tha GGVG Morning Gang

A goooooooooooooooood morning to evryone from a warm Southern, Ky.
63.6 degrees here this morning and going up to around 70 today, then
the temp takes a plunge tonight. Possibilities of snow Tuesday. Need some
cold weather some time this winter to kill the bugs. Glad you fellows had a
good day at the Bir Dog Pleasure Palace & Shooting Emporium yesterday.
The rain held off here & I guess there also. We had church functions so it
was not possible for me to be with you fellows. Looks like most of the gang
is still a snoozin. I can definitely think of one or two that could use a whole
lot of beauty sleep.:p Especially "Tha Old Grey Headed Rooster". :D Hope
each of you has a great day today. God bless....:D

Don M.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good Morning Doc. I think the rain may go around us here but looks like the valley is getting hammered with rain and snow. It has been nice here..about 65º yesterday and it's 50º this am. If it don't rain I'm putting some more rds down the br to try and settle it in I hope. Hope you guys have a good day and stay dry.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Good morinin doc, Don, James n gang!

Bad weather has held off here too, and I ain't complainin, cuz I have a job to do in it today - come what may - and I'd rather not have to deal w/ the elements too!

Boy! Sounds like a major good time at bd's yesterday!! The TN boyz are gonna be a tough nut to crack, come the BBB!! Sure would be fun to set 'em all down tho wouldn't it?

Well, y'all have a good week. Some (like my Ami) are off today, but there's no rest for the wicked, I guess. So, I'll be putting my oar in the water here shortly. Stay warm!

P.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Good morning..

.. well I,m working today. Being self-employeed has a down side. A celebratory paid day off would be rather nice.

Ya'll turn2 anyway...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Well it's summer time in January this morning a toasty 62*, but things a going to change. The high Tuesday only in the thirtys, oh well enjoy the day and God Bless.
Joe

·
Registered
9,367 Posts
Good Morning all you shootin' fools. Did some R&D on 22 flavors out of my 41 yesterday myself. Belly intellesting.

We are warm here on the coast also but going to look at this impending cold snap everyone is mentioning and see how muchof it is going to hit us. Don't want to have the woolies tucked too far back should I need them. Got involved in a feeding frenzy over on RFC yesterday and ended up with a nice selection of 22,6mm & .25 pills and the price was really right. Not offered up by a newb either, guy has 4K posts ! ?

Keep the powder dry and the bore clear today. Gotta get some java.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning Doc & Tha GGVG Crew!

Good Morning to you all! It's good to hear from you fellows this morning. Sounds like the roar of thunder at Ole Bird Dog's range was a successful one! I would like to go down in to Doc's and Bird Dog's country sometime soon and see their range. :) I am trying to get mended up after my surgery last Thursday, am doing pretty good, still hurts when I get up and stand for a while, but getting better. :D You all have a good day and stay safe out there! :)

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Good morning, Doc. Well, I just read the range report from yesterday and it sure sounds like Team Orange got in some good practice on a windy day. Most of us know we ought to shoot more in the wind instead of waiting for a calm day, but it's hard to make yourself do it, y'know?

Factory Class at Buck Creek has been a real battle for some time now and with you guys practicing the way you are, I predict the two custom classes are going to start seeing larger numbers in the shoot-offs. To my knowledge, Jackie has always declined to shoot in the BBB and Top Gun himself, but if you Tennessee boys are gonna be this serious about things, we may have to bring in our big gun. ;)

Here's something else for us to think about. I'm pretty sure the VHA Midwest varmint shoot is either one or two weekends before the BBB this time. And instead of being in Michigan, it's somewhere not too far north of Indianapolis. I'm guessing a 4-5 hour drive from Nashville, tops. I think about 2-3 of you Tennessee boys ought to pair up with 2-3 guys from Buck Creek and drive up there to show 'em where the real shooters live. Murph's sidekick Wayne Dodge (aka WD) has kicked butt up there a time or two and could coach the team.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Just like the song...stormy monday. The rain that held off all weekend is moving into the Nashville area and it looks like a soggy day. Well, if I can't go shoot or hunt, it might as well rain anyway. Y'all be careful out there.

Rick

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Maybe I'm the last one ON, but at least I have been out in the woods this morning; didn't even have a coat with me as it must be 65 degrees and a lot of warm wind. Nothing Doing in Coyoteville this morning; you would have a better chance finding an elephant than you would a coyote in this weather but I'm so single minded I just went out anyway. At least I am glad to be off for the job today to celebrate Gen. Robert E. Lee's birthday (Jan 19). I can remember when the old calendars celebrated the day as Confederate Memorial Day. Voldoc.....THE Flag is flying at the Top of the Pole today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.