they are on steroids-:eek:
have a good super-bowl wkend
over and out
Doc :)

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good Morning

Doc we got a lite dusting of snow-sleet and in Pickins SC they got 3"plus. Most of it went south and that's ok cause my driveway looks like a bobsled run and it can get interesting when it gets slick! Travel safe today on the highways while yur looling for so more STUFF. I like shopping for STUFF it is fun if yur wallet will stand it.:eek: I did clean up the shop some yesterday and it sure helped it was in need of straighting up. Have a good day

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Mornin doc n GGVGers!

TGIF! Gonna be a leeeetle nippy for the next few days; sub zero temps starting tomorrow morning. But, the cold is my friend, and he don't bite me. (Uh-huh...)

Got some PD rounds to test in the 220 Swift. They're 60 V-Max over various amounts of N560. According to Don's Accuload (?) program, the powder is suppose to be waaaay too slow - 43 grains to be 101% (compressed load) with a poor burn % and velocity of 3400 (approx). However, I'm dubious...

I'm jammed into the lands ~ .005 on the ladder test, 43.x gn N560 is at the top of my test group and the level of powder is in the middle of the shoulder area - maybe 95+% of capacity (weighed on the DI MXX-123...can't say enough nice things about that scale, BTW), and as for low pressure, the primers (Fed 210s) from the ladder test have "pancaked" above 44 grains. My point is, test results don't seem to match the Accuload prediction. I'm "...off the edge of the map (with this load), and thar be monsters here..." (Capt'n Barbosa, "Pirates of the Caribbean")

My chrony is dead, but if an accurate load can be found at 200m, I'll zero it there and then shoot at 100 yards and crank in the height on da trusty PCB ballistics calculator and I'll have a pretty accurate MV. Something tells me that a flattened primer with a slow burning powder is a good sign, as far as velocity goes.

So, Don...Don't go loading all yer 220 Swift rounds yet, ol RAT! did I mention that rounds between 42 and 43.4 grains on the ladder test grouped under 1/2" at 200m? Needless to say, I'm intrigued! Sure would like to try it out on some of these yotes a carryin' on 'round here!

Well, enjoy the day, and git ready for da w/e!

P.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Morning all

iF YOU WOULD GET UP A TAD EARLIER, YOU MIGHT GET A FEW MORE YOTES. i KNOW IT IS TUFF GETTING OLD AND NOT HAVING THE GET UP AND GO YOU USE TO HAVE BUT IT IS THERE IF YOU LOOK HARD ENOUGH. tAKE CARE YOU ALL , OHAND pAUL YOU HAVE EMAIL.
Mike Murphy

·
Registered
9,374 Posts
Hey there Kermit and all. Pretty damp here but looks like rain is gone. Be safe.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Doc & GGVG Friends

A goooooooooooooooooooooooood morning to everyone from a White
Wonderland in Southern, Ky. 31* here & light snow on the ground.
Doc, you be safe today on your travels and keep you mind on the
highway (not on Nurse Goodbody). "Old George & Jr" are sure making
it hard on the Coyote population over around Mt. Vernon. I hear more
rumors that Mary Ann is still giving "Old Doug H & Kenny U" more of
their much needed Coyote hunting lessons. :D Hang in there Mary Ann,
maybe one of these days they will catch on. :rolleyes: WEll, I got the
necks turned on 250 rounds of 220 Swift ammo yesterday for the 07
PD Safari. With the sub zero weather in the forecast, that would be a
great time to get the rest of the ammo loaded up for the trip. Hope each
of you has a great day today. Be safe if you are on the highways. God
Bless & keep you. OH, almost forgot, "Shoooooooooo Rooster". :eek:

Don M

·
Registered
568 Posts
Good morning from the sunscam state. 70 something degrees lightning thunder and tornado warnings:eek: for breakfast. Will have to drain the pool due to heavy rainfall.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Good Mornin' fellas

Hope all is well with all of you.

Ya know I really have to scratch my head about some of the "Think Tanks" in the world..... The head lines on the paper read as if Global Warming is going to start being catastaphic next week, folks doing with out heat etc to keep it from happening...... then The next column over I read where we aren't supposed to have a day where the temp is above 15* for over a week. :confused:

Paul, I'm watching carefully on how you get along with the '560 in the Swift. I can vouch for Don M's Acuraload program, he's put me in the middle of brown trout with it before, but I have equal respect for the VV powders. Expensive but darned good stuff. IMHO.

Stay warm and safe. :) WD

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning & Happy Groundhog Day!

Happy Groundhog Day! :) Everything should be closed today, but it's not. :mad: We have some light snow, just a little bit on the roadway but no problems. Don, I read you post, Mary Ann can sure call them things in, just ask ole DougH! HA :) Take care and have a wonderful day! Stay safe out there!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Goood Morning..

.. hard to believe it's Friday already, but what the heck, guess we'll all survive another weekend in paradise.

:D
:D

.. ya'll turn2

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Ken, Here's Tha Nitty Gritty

Happy Groundhog Day! :) Everything should be closed today, but it's not. :mad: We have some light snow, just a little bit on the roadway but no problems. Don, I read you post, Mary Ann can sure call them things in, just ask ole DougH! HA :) Take care and have a wonderful day! Stay safe out there!
NOw, keep in mind, I said "rumors". ;) But, the scoop has it that Mary Ann is
a real natural when it comes to calling Coyotes, and has taught Old Doug H.
everything he knows about Coyote callin & killin (which is apparently very
subatantial), and further that she is working on you and making some progress.:D All I gotta say is Mary Ann has got to be a very patient soul.:)

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Good morning, gang. Well if the good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise, one week from today I'll be looking at about 5 days of fishing and sightseeing with my sweetie in the Florida Keys. The only thing that's giving me pause is that just a few hours of fishing with one of those guides down there will cost us about the same as a new Savage rifle. Hmmmm, that's gonna hurt! I'm taking a few rods myself (strapped together with red rubber bands), so we may just rent kayaks or a canoe and go that route instead of hiring a guide. If any of you good folks have fishing or eating tips between Fort Lauderdale and Key West, I'd sure love to hear them.

Have a great weekend and watch out for frostbite.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Mornin' ya'll, it's 29° and the snow is still fallin' in tha holla. There's a little over 1" on the ground and it looks like it'll keep going' for a couple hours. Typical Nashville in snow, everything is snarled & closed. I gotta be on the street for a while today, so I hope things straighten up shortly..

Rick

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Good Morning All

Rain, snow, sleet ,rain had it all yesterday. and 36degs this morning. I'm going down to the Rocky River Barn today they are having a 50/50 Rimfire State match this weekend. Just going to look around, don't have anything to shoot, and this is giong to get me in trouble if I don't stay away..
All have a good day. Art

·
Registered
423 Posts
C-O-L-D here in southeast

Montana....MINUS 16 on my electronic thermometer....
No doubt due to global warming...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.