Well alright then=
We had an excellent shoot yesterday
@ Moonshine Mt. Range=
There was some very very good shooters
present: John B., GreyFox, Junebug, Tim H.,Trouble,
Mike G., and an Old Grey Haired fat homelesslooking
person , who will remain nameless .:D
We shot Varmint for score , Black Death game, metal gongs
@ 300 yds, eggs @ 200yds(factory guns), eggs @300 yds(custom guns)
and groups at various ranges. Somone brought the right ammo and wrong gun
(can't remember who-under threat of retaliation):D right,- John B.???
Also was gonna post pics of some targets but threats to my health
by a certain FOX also preclude that==:D
As always good people + good guns = best of times :)
The only missing ingredients was Ole Birdog-as He got called
into wedding duty(not his) in Hotlanta GA. and Don M.-
as He answered the call to shoot yesterday
@ Buck Creek( hope He shot off the War Wagon)=
and didn't hit a pole -Mike=
The Ole Dog and Don M. always adds to the mix.
Value each day and count our many blessings
over and out
Doc:)

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Whew!

Boy-howdy! Lots o' lead a flyin' down south these days! What with all the practice going on before the BBB, y'all gonna feel real bad when U gets whupped by some ol phardt (or youngster, for that matter) that ain't fired a shot since the TG, huh? Mebby it was a good thing Don didn't make it...he wuz too buzy puttin' a whuppin on day boyz up at Jackies Joint! Anywayz, it is easy to see that the rest of us need to get out and burn some powder, or just come for the BBQ, come May!!

Chilly and SHWINDY today!

Cliff...Speaking of copper mining, I'm gonna be rich by the time I get my 220 Swift cleaned of it's copper! I thought it was clean - the patches were coming out clean. SO, for giggles I ran a patch of Sweets thru it and let it sit for a couple minutes and then ran a dry patch...HEAVY, DARK BLUE...(Oh...This ain't good!)

So far I've run 3 series of Sweets & JB before I had to leave for dinner. I left the bore wet with Montana Extreme, so we'll see what that brings. (What I really need to do is get w/ tha ol' RAT's program, 'cept I have enough cleaning stuff (apparently for light duty only) to last me for years! Oh, well...I'm getting tired of running patches, and at some point all the trips thru the bore with rod (even a coated one) takes it's toll as well. [sigh]

Anywayz, y'all have a wonderful day. Take time to thank He who make all things possible!

ROUST U OL RAT!!!

P.

·
Premium Member
8,904 Posts
hello from WET ATLANTA -thanks for MOONSHINE

report. Now Geoge, i need a bbbuck creek report. I have not found anyone in Roswell, ga. that is familar with Moonshine Mountain Range, BBBuck Creek, or the Birddog Range. People down here just are not civilized i guess. Also, they seem to sleep alot. i saw one person walk through lobby but i think he had not been to bed yet.
junebug called and texted me about yesterday at Moonshine. Boy i hated missing the shoot. There may not be any shooters down here but i did notice a few babes at the wedding though. that was my only consulation. there were a few that put Nurse Gooooooooodbody to shame.
I had not fired a round since Sunday so Saturday morning before leaving for atlanta, i went to the range and fired some 30 br at 400 yd one inch circles. I am looking for my 400 yd. gun at the BBB and Top Gun. the borden 30 Br with 125 bergers seemed to shoot a little better than the Fowlers. Next, I will test Jackie Stogsdil bullets. Got a thousand of them the other day. The 30 br would make the prarie dog do a 360 degree at 400 yd. and it removed the 1 in dots from his head, chest, and gut. Next trip to the rande, eggs are going up at 400.
Someone tell me who shot at Moonshinge yesterday. Junebug said his 7 WSM shot the 180 bergers best yesterday. Hope i get home before dark so i can go to the range. I will be off Monday, and plan on catching up on range work. Had a busy week last week as i traveled to Pikevile two days and worked hartsville two days. On wednesday i moved hay most of day.
any snow in Middle tenn.? Hope so. How about that black coyote Jr. Ky, got yesterday. He is my hero. I had a black yote in my cows for two years. Never got a shot. everyone have a nice Sunday.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Good Morning All

I still have computer problems It keeps getting to hot and shuts off , after it cools I plug it in and it wiil work for awhile. still looks like a new computer.
If I keep a fan on it it will run a long time. Art

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Doc & GGVG Friends

A gooooooooooooooooooooood morning to everyone from a much cooler
Southern, Ky. 28.9* here this morning. Sounds like the folks at Monshine
Range had a good day yesterday. I was surely some kind of windy at Buck
Creek yesterday. And, Paul, you are not gonna hear me crowing about the
shoot yesterday. I was just very lucky and the other fellows must have had
a bad day in the wind. That crew is tough to handle anytime, but, a top
shelf bunch of fellows. Hope everyone has a great day today. Remember the
Sabbath and attend the church of your choice. God bless....

Don M.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
A fan is a lot cheaper Art and not hard to install.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good Morning

Doc it sounds like you had another good day shooting. I think if I don't get something going soon I'm gonna just maybe come eat and socialize. I can't get a chance to shoot...something is wrong with that.:( I love it when I get to though. Have a good day fellows.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning And Howdy Howdy!

Good morning to ya all! Sounds like a lot of lead was flying around the country yesterday, just wished it could have been a varmint of some kind instead of all that paper! HA!!:) Been trying to get my 17 Remington to a shootin, got it close with one load, did manage to kill something with it on the very last shell I had left for it. Ole DougH is working on a 308 for high wind situations like what we had here yesterday, hope he soon gets it, I really like shooting his guns cause they shoot so good, makes me want to leave mine at home! HA!!:) You all take care and take the family to church somewhere, I promise you will be blessed for it, maybe even hit that difficult shot! :) Take care!

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Doc, thanks for a fine day @ the Moonshine Range. But next time I come, you need to have the walls, sides & roof up with the wood stove going. Seriously, enjoyed a good day of shooting and swapping lies.

Talked to our rancher friend in SD Friday night and lined up our spots & time slots for spring. Seems like May is a long way off, but there's lots of ammo to load, so maybe that's a good thing.

Rick (in the graveyard hollow)

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
I just have time for a short good morning or I'll be late for Sunday school. No shooting up here in Derby yesterday (by me, anyway) as I had to change the oil on two vehicles and do some other catch-up chores. The temps were pretty decent for January, but the wind did start to blow pretty steady in the afternoon, so I know about what it was doing in Jackie's holler.

Y'all have a wonderful day of rest. I'll be trying to get some of that on the couch this afternoon just before the Cats come on the tube.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Good Morning Gang

sounds like yall had a great day yesterday.....what was the winning strategy on the Black Death game? Paul, do you any Wipeout. After you get your mine clean, let it sit overnight with a good foaming in it and see what happens. Well there wont be any lead flying over here today but there will be arrows. We have a local tournament before the first national one next weekend. Yall have a good one -Cliff-

·
Registered
446 Posts
Goood morning..

.. too cold outside isn't it- ya'll have a great day!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.