Well alright then=
It is cold (might be January after all)
Hoping to do the 30 BR thing today @ Moonshine
Trouble got his NF 12-42 so ashootin' we will go
Cold =OK ---COLD + WIND= not OK :D
to the Dungeon
over and out
Doc :)
Mornin doc n GGVGers! Fresh Columbian is at the ready!

All this hoopla 'bout them 30BRs...Might have to have a barrel spun up an give 'em a try, one day!

Speakin of chilly weddah, it's in the teens again this morning. But, it is late Jan, and I expect the back of winter will be broken in about another 3 weeks. Waaaaay to windy today to do any shootin. (Course iffin that wind is out of the southeast, I know it comes from Monticello KY - a sure sign that either the ol' RAT or KY Fisherman is outta bed! :D )

Someone said they saw a couple guys that look some like Don n doc, walkin aroun' faces up to the sky wid der palms outstretched to the heavens, sayin', "What's a cubit??" (All kidding aside, a prayer for those dealing with the Wolf Creek Dam and that one east of Nashville on Center Lake would be a good thing, bout now...Some dear GGVGers are in the shadow of some serious water! :eek: )

Say....Is ol Fred in KY still fishin?? Haven't seen hide nor hair of him in weeks! He must be lost with ol Murph - also keepin a low profile!:(

Well, y'all have a goodun. TGIF!!!:D

P.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning Doc & Crew!

Good Morning Robot and crew! Brrrr, it's cold! It's 17 degrees and a chance of some snow this weekend, yeah right! :confused: So far we haven't had much of a winter. Wake up ratz and roosters and vermine killers! Have a great day!

·
Registered
411 Posts
mornin' from North Texas

looks like a beautiful day. might be back into the rain beginning tomorrow or later tonight but thats ok I guess since the lakes are still trying to fill up from the last 2 years.
You guys have a great weekend.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good Morning

24º here this morning and we got a few flurries but in the higher mts they got more. Good day for an inside project. I'm working on a cleaning/rifle parking cradle that will hold three rifles. Will post a pic when I get er done. Guys have a good day Hear!:D
PS: Kenny I done that cause I seen yur post:) couldn't help myself.:D

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Good Morning Robot and crew! Brrrr, it's cold! It's 17 degrees and a chance of some snow this weekend, yeah right! :confused: So far we haven't had much of a winter. Wake up ratz and roosters and vermine killers! Have a great day!
Still having that font issue, huh?:rolleyes:

P.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
That red is hard on the peepers hant it? Not a lot of colors go well with green though.:D

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Good morning all of you varmints! Saw the good morning club with the topic of how cold it was and felt I had to chime in today. At 6:10am it is -12° here in southwestern New Hampshire with the highs getting around 0°. Going to be a cold and windy day, hope things at work go well..... I am supt. of the local water dept and cold weather plays havoc with our system and customers plumbing. Have a good one!

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Doc & Tha GGVG Gang

A gooooooooooooooooood morning to everyone from the Southern Shores
of Lake Cumberland. My temp says 22.1 this morning. Ken guess it is the
warm southern breezes down here. ;) Speaking of breezes, I see that "Tha Grey Rooster" is up a scratching in his barnyard.:rolleyes: No wonder that
part of the country has the nickname "Tha Windy City", cause he lives so
close, I guess it is from all his "breezes". :eek: Doc, you & Todd are gonna
freeze your buns off today trying to shoot. ;) But, good luck. Hey, Ky Fish-
erman, I did get the canopy frame for "Tha War Wagon" painted yesterday.
Even made a couple of extra corner post (steel) and painted them. But,
now lad when you shoot one of them steel post, there is gonna be bullet fragments flying everywhere. :eek: The canopy should be ready in a couple
of week or so. Maybe I can get Kenny U to make a picutre and post it when
the job is completed. Received word yesterday that "Thya POor Old Farmer"
has made his circle and is now at home. Whew, and I still got diesel fuel left
in my tank. Murph, glad you & Patty had a safe trip. Hope each of you has
a great day today. Walk with the assurance that God will walk with you if
you just ask him. :D I need his guidance every day ! God bless.......

Don M.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Good morning GGVG

I have 27 degs today and a forcast a high of 52 and rain tomorrow .
I'm having computer problems, the fan went out and it keeps shutting down I have a fan blowing in the back of it to keep it working , so looks like I'll be buying a new computer.
Have a good day, Art

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Hey, Art, if it's just a fan, I can walk you through replacing it. Piece of cake once you figure out how to get your case open. Most any computer / electronics shop should have a replacement that'll fit. Until then, you should go ahead and try to figure out how your case comes apart. Won't hurt a thing in the world to run that computer with the case open until you can replace that fan. Opening the case may or may not give you enough cooling to prevent shutdown, but it's sure worth a shot. No reason at all to replace a computer because of this.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Good morning, crew. Man, it's frosty this morning. Normal January weather, but then we really haven't had a normal winter, so it feels especially bitter.

Don, I'm glad you made a couple of extra corner posts for the wagon. Not that I"m not gonna do my best to avoid shooting one this time, but you know, "Stuff happens!" Heck, we won't know what to do with ourselves if we don't have to wrestle with PVC this year, y'know? But even using steel and having those "footers" mounted to the wagon, I'm betting we'll still need to use just about as many guylines as last year. It'd be nice if it turns out otherwise, but that wind out there is just nasty.

Y'all have a great Friday and an even better weekend.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
-12, Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Good morning all of you varmints! Saw the good morning club with the topic of how cold it was and felt I had to chime in today. At 6:10am it is -12° here in southwestern New Hampshire with the highs getting around 0°. Going to be a cold and windy day, hope things at work go well..... I am supt. of the local water dept and cold weather plays havoc with our system and customers plumbing. Have a good one!
Good Morning Mr. Gary:

Now, I will have to admit that -12 just gives me the cold shivers to even
think about that !:eek:

·
Registered
388 Posts
It was well below zero UP here early last night, but it warmed up during the night. Now there's a lake effect snow watch for 10" + of snow. :mad: MI VHNTR

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Now, I will have to admit that -12 just gives me the cold shivers to even think about that !:eek:
Wait till the BBB, ol phardt...I'll give ya somethin' to shiver about!!:D

P.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh, Contra My Dear

Good morning, crew. Man, it's frosty this morning. Normal January weather, but then we really haven't had a normal winter, so it feels especially bitter.

Don, I'm glad you made a couple of extra corner posts for the wagon. Not that I"m not gonna do my best to avoid shooting one this time, but you know, "Stuff happens!" Heck, we won't know what to do with ourselves if we don't have to wrestle with PVC this year, y'know? But even using steel and having those "footers" mounted to the wagon, I'm betting we'll still need to use just about as many guylines as last year. It'd be nice if it turns out otherwise, but that wind out there is just nasty.

Y'all have a great Friday and an even better weekend.
I assure you there will be no ropes or guy wires necessary with this frame.
Totally self supporting. Hey, I might be the one to shoot a post this year.
:eek: Rather have one and not need it than to need one and not have it.
;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.