4,725 Posts
Happy Valentine's Day...I guess

A beautiful card - the table upon
So what could possibly be wrong?
A sweet little note
Nearly made me choke
Sent to me by ol DON!

Morinin doc n gang!

I recon most of yaz are spoonin wid the better half 'bout now. (I would be too, 'cept that 4-legged girl in my life needed to go out a woof at the coyotes, and do "other business".)

The bad thing bout livin 300' back off the road is...3-foot drifts stacked up like ridges on a washboard for the full length. Did I mention the Farmall was not running? Oh...This will be interesting!! (I'll get to it...soon as I can push the back door open enough to get outside:eek: )

Y'all have a good un!!

P.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning Doc & Paul And GGVGer's

Good Morning! Brrrrrrrrrr is it ever cold, sure was a change from last night at bed time, shirt weather last night, but not like that now. I hope you folks are all doing good this morning, I went down to see DonM last ngiht and we had a real good time fellowshipping at our lodge meeting. I got's to go and get out in the howling wind, take care and have a great day!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!! :)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Good Morning All You Sweeties

Paul, that is why I don't miss Ohio. Had a little Ford N and the snow would so bad the tractor would not push it any more snow and had to have the neighbor come with his big John Deer and clean out my 100yd drive way. I always liked the snow made good fox hunting, but hated it when I had to go to work.
Think I'll go to the barn and check the rifle for Saturday's shoot then come home and do some reloading. Shooting in the barn realy helps for working up loads and checking the rifle, but don't help when you shoot out side in the wind.
All have a great day, Art

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Art... The picture is one of those optical illusions, right?

"If you look real hard, you can see the naked Playboy bunny holding a rifle!" HA!

P.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Golod Morning Doc & GGVG Freinds

And, a goooooooooooooooooood morning it is here in cooler Southern, Ky.
21.7* outside, but, we missed the snow, and I think most of the ice that
is just north of us. Enjoyed a visit with Kenny U. & going to Lodge last
evening. Sound like our "Fine Feathered Friend, AKA Tha Rooster" is frozen
to the roost pole this morning. Or, at least snowed in ! Poor Ami, being
all "cooped up" with "That Old Phardt" .:eek: Talked with Murph yesterday
afternoon and he said that they were getting pounded with the winter snow
storm. Just maybe "Old Doug" has graduated from the "Mary Ann School
of Shooting/Hunting Coyotes after he put the whammy on a triple last week.
Guess his head is still all swolled up !;) I need to do some load development
for the two Swifts, but, guess I am not as dedicated as Doc & Bird Dog, way
too cooooooooooool to suit me for shooting. Reckon I could evulate the
twist rate of each rifle & load up some test rounds and "be ready" for tha
thaw. HOpe each of you has a great day today. Walk with a smile and the
assurance that God loves you & I ! God bless......

Don M.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Good morning all from WV, rained all night and now snowing, should be an interesting day. Have a great day in your neck of the woods, God Bless.
Joe:D

·
Premium Member
8,904 Posts
junebug's salvage LRP rblp on fire

Yesterday just before dark the wind was dead on birddog range. so far we had only shot the salvage at 200 yd. which is the intended purpose for the gun at the bbb and top gun in factory class. Junebug shot a warm up group at 336 that was great and i told him to go to 400 at check it out. it shot 3-shot group that measured 1 & 1/16 in. Not bad for a factory stock gun. 223, 9 twist, with 75 bergers. His sight in group for 400 measured 1.5 in. Head shots one the 400 yd. ground hog were no problem.
Going to Sparta today with Livingston planned for Friday and Saturday. Art that's a good looking gun. Is that the 6 br?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Dagnabbit......

21*F here with a wind chill of 5*F. Shouldn't complain tho....temps this time next week are predicted to be in the 60's. And this is still better then Pohang, Korea.:D

Spent yesterday working in the non-heated part of the shop and now I seem to be developing a headcold.:(

My wife really needs to win the lottery so I can retire.........again & permament like!!!!

You folks have a nice day.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Mornin' fellas

Oh it's cold here right now. I'm ready to say "Uncle" to old man winter for sure. About 5 or 6 counties around and near us you aren't allowed on the road unless it is an emergency or emergency vehicle. Visibility..... oh maybe a quarter mile, lots of blowing snow. This is what ole buddy Paul sent to MLM and I.

OBTW Paul... didn't anyone ever tell you that Farmalls were cold natured and finicky??? Specially the 300 and 400 series if I remember correctly.

Hope everyone has a good one. WD

·
Registered
446 Posts
Goood morning..

.. Doc, Paul, KennyU, Art, Don M., joez, birdog, Mortis, ArtinNC, WDSwift, CliffinSouthLa, and ALL the rest GGVGers.

.. well UPS is expected here TODAY !

.. barrel, bullets, dies, scope

.. Question, should I invite the driver in for lunch, or, make her stay out in the cold ???

;)
;)

.. OK, ya'll turn2, I'm getting all dolled up I've got work :p to do !!!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Oh it's cold here right now. I'm ready to say "Uncle" to old man winter for sure. About 5 or 6 counties around and near us you aren't allowed on the road unless it is an emergency or emergency vehicle. Visibility..... oh maybe a quarter mile, lots of blowing snow. This is what ole buddy Paul sent to MLM and I.

OBTW Paul... didn't anyone ever tell you that Farmalls were cold natured and finicky??? Specially the 300 and 400 series if I remember correctly.

Hope everyone has a good one. WD
Yeah, we're diggin out now. Very beautiful, in its own way!! I guess knowing the end of Feb is in sight and with it winter will be going thru it's death throws makes it OK. I enjoy a good snow or two every winter and then I'm ready for spring to come.

Yeah, this ol Farmall - a "Super M" - pre-dates the 300 (like my grandfather had). It has been pretty good about starting, but now it has a leak in the radiator somewhere, and so it will sit until my landlord or I can afford to fix the SOB:mad: Mebby a dose of some "Stop-Leak" or the like would work well enough to allow me to use it long enough to clear the drive and hold until it can be properly fixed later. Hmmmm...

P.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Oh the memories, Paul....

of going across the road and starting the "H" and pulling the "M" or the Super M in cold weather to get it started. The 400's were just parked in the back of the barn till spring or warm weather.

And I agree with ya on the snow... alright already... bring on the spring. WD

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Birdog,
Yes it a std 6BR tight neck. Is that Sparta NC ? We just sold a cabin neer Sparta NC.

Paul ,
I was going to say that AceBall has the picture of the bunny that was holding my gun. But it was Anna and I'm getting a blood test because thats my baby WELL about as good as a chance as winniny the lottery, I just want the 400 mil

James in Asheville,
Where are you at???

I'm going shooting, Art

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
nice balmy 11* here this

morning in western Oklahoma with about 20mph wind. Nice day for a cookout. By the way guys.....just in case you don't know how to pronounce Oklahoma......there is a slight pause between Okla and homa....kinda like two words.....OKLA....HOMA.....now you got it
http://outcast.homeunix.org/uploads/oklahoma.bmp

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Birdog,
Yes it a std 6BR tight neck. Is that Sparta NC ? We just sold a cabin neer Sparta NC.

Paul ,
I was going to say that AceBall has the picture of the bunny that was holding my gun. But it was Anna and I'm getting a blood test because thats my baby WELL about as good as a chance as winniny the lottery, I just want the 400 mil

James in Asheville,
Where are you at???

I'm going shooting, Art
Are you sure AceBall doesn't have the BUNNY that was suppose to be in the picture???:eek:

James, I are in my orafice! Oh!...you mean whar in the world?? That would be Custer Park (mailing address) about 25 miles south of Joliet, IL (as the crow flies) - about 1-3/4 hours (no traffic) from my house to the Chicago "loop" (Downtown).

Here's an optical illusion for ya...Most gals can find the rifle in about 3 seconds. It takes most guys about a minute to find it, but some guys NEVER find the rifle (including me!).

Good luck! :D

P.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.