think I''ll go to Reloading Dungeon and see if
Egor has done any loading I assigned to him=[g] :D
over and out
Doc:)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning Doc & Tha GGVG Crew!

Good morning Doc! Looks like we are the only ones stirring around so far this morning. Wake up Ratz, Roosters and Gang! I'd say the rooster is still on the roost pole, can't blame him for that, wish I was still on mine! HA Take care and have a wonderful day today! :)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Good Morning all

Yesterday I went to the barn to shoot the 6BR. Shot 6- 5 shot groups and was very pleased. I'd post a picture of the target, but the last time I did someone wanted to argue group size, after rechecking the target it was .009 bigger than I thought, so from now on I just say its under 2 inches. Ha, Ha.

All have a good day and weekend. Art

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Well alright then=
Gonna shoot some 30BR today as We are having a fun shoot
at Buck Creek on Sat.
Don M. hope you get to come==
John Beauchamp got me fixed on good loading
fixtures(cabinets and new bench)
think I''ll go to Reloading Dungeon and see if
Egor has done any loading I assigned to him=[g] :D
over and out
Doc:)
Whata-ya-talk, Whata-ya-talk, Whata-ya-talk!
Yesssss sir! ... Yesssss sir!
I'm tellin ya mister, as sure as you stand thar
I'm gonna have to see about a 30 BR!
Yesssss sir! ... Yesssss sir!

(in case you're wonderin', I love musicals and Ami got me a DVD of "The Music Man" for Christmas and we watched it on Christmas morning...And, I STILL have those songs running thru my head...It's great! Yesssssss sir!)

Gonna hit 50s today. TGIF, and work is lining up fast for this ol contractor. I'ts a good thing too, cuz this twiddling the thumbs...like you retired phardts do...drives me nutz!!

Speakin of ol' phardts, I see my nemisis is not up outta the tub yet. Prolly still rinsing out his Speedo and soaping his (yellow) rubber ducky! I see he's getting more range time now - living up to his nick name; "Range Rat"!! I spoze I'll have to keep my head down and get some rifle trigger time, soze I can at least make a respectible showing, come the BBB!

WD! Thanks fer the call!

Y'all be safe and have a good un!

P.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good Morning Guys

Doc now that you got new stuff in the "dungeon" pics please. I might catch a secret weapon hiding in the pic somewhere.:D Well some finish is going on my stock and gotta get sum rings and all the parts for the rifle will be complete. Still gotta get an arbor press...if anybody has one that don't need it I might be interested. Just let me know how many cans I'll have to pick up.:D I'll do what Murphy does.:) Enjoy the day today for it's gonna go downhill for a few days. Guys have a good day..I'll be back in a few.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Good Day to you all

Ah, another day to wake up and smell the freash winter air. Hope you all have a great day and the New Year is better for everyone. Just Glad everyone is smiling over there new toys from Christmas and hope it was a new Varmint rifle or reloading stuff, Hey what more can a man ask for tools from Sears or things that go Bang!
Take care all and have a great weekend
Mike (trust me) Murphy

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Doc & Tha GGVG Morning Gang

A gooooooooooooooooood morning to everyone from deep in the Southern,
Bluegrass. 43.8 degrees here this morning and going well up into the 50's
today. Just beautiful weather for this late in December. :) Looks like a lot
of tha usual troops are up and attum this morning (that is good).:D Talked
to "Tha Poor Old Farmer" yesterday and he is sounding good and getting
ready for his whirlwind trip through the south. So, guys better put locks on
tha fuel tanks ! Gonna take a lot of fuel for that big rig that he is gonna be
chaufering. ;) I have had a lock on my diesel fuel tank for my mower for
weeks, LOL. Doc, sure glad you are getting all set up to enjoy the shooting
sports. I sure had a good time visiting & shooting with you fellows last week.
Sure looking forward to going to "Tha Buck Creek Range" tomorrow. Reckon
I am ready to go, just a matter of loading the truck. Put a new scope on my
PPC, so got to zero it. I see that my old friend "heavy on tha old" is up this
morning crowing from his fence post in tha barn yard. Yep, you are right my friend, better be getting in some trigger time, cause I have plans on getting in a "lot" before the BBB. So, don't come half stepping, LOL. I decided after the poor showing last fall that I was gonna "be ready" come spring of 07 ! HOpe each of you has a great day today. Walk with a smile on your face and with the assurance that God loves you & I. :D God bless......

Don M.

·
Registered
8,720 Posts
Yeeee Haaa......Another 4 day weekend

Run my butt off the first three and lookeee lookeee. The fruits of my labors.

Think I need to check on the 6mm brass of Ole's see if it is still available and step up to the line. Have had a 40X I traded for back in '75 that has been a mouldering away, with "Sinclair" on the bbl that I have yet to shoot. Guess it's time?:rolleyes:

Anywayz, hope all the ol' phardts, young phardts and OP's in training (I think I now qualify having just turned 3x20) have a goooood weekend.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
There may be some cuddies growing in the barrel.he he Blowem outa thar TA

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Morning, guys

Good morning, guys. If I had ammo loaded and my sweetie agreed, I sure wouldn't mind driving down to Buck Creek tomorrow. Heck, with an 11 a.m. start, I wouldn't even have to get up all that early. No sense coming without at least one gun to shoot, though. Unless I want to drive down and do a Fred Sizemore imitation. Hmmmm, that doesn't sound bad, does it? I bet my PD partner Don and my good friend Doc would take pity and let me shoot some of those guns that I can't afford anyway.;)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Morning Doc & all,

Yep,
Mr Beauchamp does good work for sure. Wish I could join you fellas @ Buck Creek tomorrow, But FredinKy is coming down this PM for a weekend visit. We plan to hunt some whitetails Sat & Sun AM and maybe make it up to the Gallatin range in Sat PM if the weather cooperates. Darn shame a fella can't be everywhere at the same time.

Y'all have a good friday.

Rick

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Good Morning all

All the planets must be aligned, Workman, MLM, DonM (alias the Streaker of Monticello) and all the others up and feeling frisky this morning I see.

That shoot down at Buck Creek sounds like a good time waiting to happen, and I haven't picked on anyone all week either, so it is tempting.

And Don don't worry too much about your diesel feul tank, with the new rig that MLM will be rolling in with....a normal feul tank would be like an elephant drinking out of a dog dish.... I think he's got like a 4" siphon hose that he uses when he pulls up to a barge or tanker truck.

Great talking with ya last evening Paul, and good luck with the pheasant varmints. WD

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ky=Fisherman= you can =

shoot any gun that I've got anytime (the ones that I can't afford either):D
but do ==
over and out
Doc

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
I have plans on getting in a "lot" before the BBB. So, don't come half stepping, LOL...

...I decided after the poor showing last fall that I was gonna "be ready" come spring of 07 ! HOpe each of you has a great day today. Walk with a smile on your face and with the assurance that God loves you & I. :D God bless......

Don M.
Amen & dittos to all that!!!:eek:

P.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Hey Mike

Good morning, guys. If I had ammo loaded and my sweetie agreed, I sure wouldn't mind driving down to Buck Creek tomorrow. Heck, with an 11 a.m. start, I wouldn't even have to get up all that early. No sense coming without at least one gun to shoot, though. Unless I want to drive down and do a Fred Sizemore imitation. Hmmmm, that doesn't sound bad, does it? I bet my PD partner Don and my good friend Doc would take pity and let me shoot some of those guns that I can't afford anyway.;)
Mike:

If you will let me know just a wee bit earlier, I would be more than glad
to have you a rifle ready and some ammo loaded for it for you to shoot.
Right now, I just have one Panda with a 6 PPC Barrel installed, and that
is the only one that I have any ammo loaded for. But, I will share that
one with you my friend if you want to come and shoot. I have about
98 rounds loaded.;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts