Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asked how much you could reduce the trigger pull on a Remington 870 by changeing out the spring.

Guy goes off on a nut about the guns are not safe to start and I want to change the trigger spring.

Can you imagaine how happy the anti gun people when they hear so many people chopping up their unsafe Remington guns because of all the bad trigger crap being spewed.

Back when I was a kid I had a Wards Westernfield 16ga shot gun I quit shooting because it was going off every time I pumped a new round in the chamber. I tried to find a new bolt as I thought that could have been the problem (Noble 60 same gun.).

I loved that gun and have kept it all these years. Afgter we entered the internet age I sat down and reserched who made it, Noble modle 60.
Took it apart looking at all the parts as I did so. after setting in the gun safe for 40 years there was the problem. A broken fireing pin and the primer strikeing end was jamed in the bolt so set a primer off every time.
Can not buy a new fireing pin today for it.

Al

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Never seen the gun, but I bet someone can make one. Depends on how much you would like to have it working again.

·
Administrator
2,988 Posts
As TinMan said a good gunsmith can make a new firing pin for you. I had mine make one for a shotgun that I couldn't find one for and it wasn't that expensive.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Send the pin to Shane, he can make Anything.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are several springs for reduceing rhe trigger pull on the 870 and related guns like the 742 760, several 22's

I could in a day or so make my own fireing pin. is pretty simple looking afair a straight rod turned down on the primer hitting end and a slot cut in it part way down.

This pin is for a model 190 Winchester but really close to what mine looks like.

Al

1 - 9 of 9 Posts