Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rain let up enough sunday afternoon at the Birddog Range to allow a few of the die-hard Team Tennesse shooters to sling some lead down range at those egg varmints. Junebug (don Granstaff), Gordonsville, tn., tim hewitt, Lafayette, tn., Anthony Durham, Cato, tn., and the bird braved the elements to enjoy an afternoon of good bull, gun br's, and good times. The rain let up and turned into a fog-like mist about noon. I got on the old 720 diesel and unrolled a roll of hay. Junebug came to the farm ready to shoot. guns making an appearance at the shoot were a bryant 6 br 12 twist, borden 30 br, dan dowling 6-284, chris matthews (longshots) 7 wsm, 700 varmint 243, 25-06, and 300 weatherby. The 243 was a new gun and we started it on metal at 336 yd., then to 400, and finally making hits at 500 with it. It needs trigger work and freefloating. completley stock.
the eggs were at 336 and were in jeopardy when the 7 wsm and the 6 br came to the line as the wind was relatively calm to non-existent. Junebug broke the range record at the end of the session. I had 12 of the 30 br shells left for the borden and told him to shoot till he missed. Junebug took took two sighters on the metal plate then proceeded to break 10 eggs without a miss at 336 yd. The only thing that stopped junebug's streak was he ran out of shells. The 30 br was loaded yesterday with 117 fowlers.
A couple of team tenn. shooters, SUPER DOC (doc stone) and the GREYFOX were no shows. The range cleared at 5:00 as I had to get home to watch the Manning-Brady classic. How bout that U. T. guy named Mannng.
Where were you yesterday DOC. Rumor has it that wrong - way super doc stone got lost trying to find his way to the birddog range. Seems he got lost Saturday on his way to Honest George's Gun Emporium and barely made it to the BBBuck Creek shoot on time.
Going to pikeville, tn. to work today. 110 miles east of here in the Sequachie River valley in the shadwow of the appalacian mountain range. pikeville in south of Crossville, about an hour from Chattanooga, tn. Hope i don't cross path with that Super Doc with the mobile denistry group. Seems we both are in mobile jobs that are not normally thought of as Mobile. Oh well, it keeps life interesting. well, got to go unroll some hay before i go to pikeville. going to be dark and cold out there. Those cows come running when the here my John Deere popping. Have a great week

·
Registered
698 Posts
Raining Tears In Saints Country

sounds like yall had a great shoot yesterday. It has slowed down on the raining in South Louisiana except for the trail of tears left by the Saint's fans....I'm Included and looking forward to next year. By Wednesday I may get to shoot some. Yall have a great week.-Cliff-

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good MOrning Bird Dog & GGVG Friends

A goooooooooooooooooooooood morning to everyone from Southern, KY.
42.6 degrees here this morning and the rain had let up. Randy, sounds like
you fellows had a good shoot yesterday. It rained here most all day long,
so shooting oustide would have been out of the question. Yeah, "Old Doc"
may still be driving around Nashville trying to find his way to your range.
Or, he may be resting up for a week on the road with the lovely Nurse
Goodbody. Guess that "Tha Old Grey Rooster" is still searching for more
inspiration and snoozin in this morning. Shooooooooooooo, "Ya Old Phardt",
get outta that henhouse. Reckon "Tha Poor Old Farmer" is still down south
somewhere (who knows where) looking for sunshine & warm weather. He
will crank up that Diesel Drinking Mobile and he can then be traced by a shortage of fuel along his route. Hope each of you has a good day today.

God bless.

Don M.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Condolances, Cliff...

sounds like yall had a great shoot yesterday. It has slowed down on the raining in South Louisiana except for the trail of tears left by the Saint's fans....I'm Included and looking forward to next year. By Wednesday I may get to shoot some. Yall have a great week.-Cliff-
Ami and I were pullin' fer yer Sts. (She and I are Vikings fans...out of the fight long ago...yeah...NEXT year??...[sigh]:rolleyes: ) I saw and interview of Sts. QB Brees (sp?) sayin', when asked about the cold in Chicago, how they weren't going to play the weather...They were gonna play football! Well, being a Vikings fan most of my life, I can assure you that my guys won more than a few games because the 12th man on the field was ol' man WINTER! Now the Vikes have a cozy indoor stadium and play like a the Colts and Pats did...relaxed and easy-like instead of like, "Hurry up...I'm freeeezin! Let's go!!":D

Well, the Sts ain't got nuttin to be ashamed of. They done good!

P.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning Bird Dog And Crew!

Good morning everyone! It's good to hear from you all this morning and to hear you all had a good weekend! I'm sure anxious to get out and do me some shootin, worked on my Rem 700 safety yesterday, got it now where you don't have to flip the safety off to open the bolt, not good when your out hunting yotes and you come in and get ready to unload it and you have a really light trigger in it and have to flip the safety off to unload it. Thanks to a post by CatShooter I got it taken care of. :) I hpe you all have a great week! Be safe out there! :)

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Mornin bd, Cliff, ol RAT, n GGVGers!

Sounds like y'all had too much fun wid some fine shooters! I think ol George is gonna have to put out Robbin's eggs for ya at the BBB! Good to see ya havin' sucha good time. I guess Ms Goodbody was sitting on ol doc's lap an doc got lost, huh?

Well, it looks like I have to work up some more pros...so many are asking about the "continuation"... We'll see. :)

Have a good week!

P.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good Morning Guys

Well we got a "cold" rain about all day and looks loke it's gonna be clear today. Got to many irons in the fire aka too much to do. I'm building a overhang to put over the entrance door to my shop to keep the rain out. Been gonna do that fer 6 months.:eek: Looks like I need to move to Tn where there is some action..or be closer to it.:) Well guys have a good day and remember to be kind to your neighbor cause you might lose your credit card.:D

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Semi-Good Morning-Monday-Damp and Cold

Well alright then=
Great post by the dog-He shoots more than me
maybe that's why He's shellshocked-:D
Great shoot @ Buck Creek even if they changed the Road Signs
on me=(buying that??):confused:
Well gotta get it goin' for a long day
make it a good start to the week
over and out
Doc:)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Gooodi morning...

... ya'll turn2 :)

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Good morning, BD and crew. About all I got caught up on this weekend was my sleep, but there's something to be said for that. It drizzled rain or sleet just about the whole weekend here in Derbytown. Hope everyone has a good Monday.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Mornin' Dog,
Too bad I didn't make it up to the Birddog Range yesterday. But since I had work to do and the rain kept falling, I though it best to get some things done here. Watched a couple of good games and started on the spring pd ammo. Just about have all the 17MkIV done, 243 is next.

Guess I better get some egg loads ready for the next opportunity. We need to get some wind fans up on that range so you boys will be ready for the Buck Creek wind tunnel. Of course, we'll need to have about 6 sets of fans from different directions & different speeds, all set up on random timers to duplicate wind from all directions at the same time.

Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.