Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Good mornin' doc n GGVGers!

Nippy out this morning 'bout 4 degrees. At least the dang wind has quieted down! This house ain't as air tight as it should be. My propane salesman wears a big grin down at the coffee shop on days like this...AT $2.10/gal, I can see why! (I'm changing distributors later this month, I hope)

Lots of powder got burnt over the w/e at Jackie's Joint and in TN. Y'all down there are just having too much fun! I need to get some trigger time in myself or just go to the BBB for the BBQ an BS!

Out the door early today...Gotta get ready to get ready to work, I recon! Y'll have a good un!

P.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning Doc & Paul And GGVGer's

Good Morning! Brrrrrrr is it cold or what! :eek: Yotes are stirring as ole DougH got another one yesteday, I hope to get to go some this week and maybe luck up on one. :) It's about 10 degrees here this morning with some light snow on that fell yesterday afternoon but we can't complain too bad, we haven't had much of a winter so far. Wake up and take care, and have a good day!:)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Good morning..

.. It's Monday, oh great

.. ya'll turn2 :)

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Yep, Good Monday morning.

A bit cool when I went to bed last evening. -6 here near Sagainaw Bay USA. It has warmed up nicely now to 6 above.

Time to go turn the phones on for the week ;)

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good Morning

Top of the cold morning to ya guys. Well it's 8º :eek: and about 2-3" of snow and yea I'm glad the wind has died down. Art good to hear the PC is running now.Looking at the sale papers from yesterday there is two PC's for $310. after rebates.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Very Good Morning All

Don't know how cold it is, but the weatherman said it was to get down to 17 degs last night .
Yestseday with the help of James in Asheville on the phone I took the computer apart, never seen inside of one before and replaced the second fan ( the fan was realy froze up )I had parts every where. The fan cost me $8 and I'm using it this morning, and it works like new. Want to thank James and Ky Fisherman . It looks like I may, I said I may get a couple more years out of the computer .
All have a good day, Art

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Mornin boys

Cool here this mornin with a dust'en of the white stuff. Ain't working today because of a head and chest cold. Worst one I've had in a long time. Hope all is well with everyone. You all have a good one.....

Donnie

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, it's back to work I go

I was on a quick tour of three industrial customer's sites on Thursday and Friday of last week. We've got a few reels installed at a big forge in the area. I actually feel sorry for this reel - very harsh duty.

Friday we were working at the Metra rail yard and had a really cool view of downtown Chicago.

rail cars get "plugged in" to keep them warm without running their engines. Bridges over the tracks hold the reels.

We didn't build these reels, but we are supplying replacement covers. The originals have rusted thru and are worthless.

Before we headed out on Wednesday night, my travel partner had to show me his mount from this year. A very nice Iowa bow kill. If anyone deserves a big deer, Mark does. he really puts the time and effort into it.

split brow on the left, one kicker on the right.

not looking forward to what faces me today. always a pile to uncover...

-niv

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Doc & Tha GGVG GAng

A gooooooooooooooooood morning to everyone from a "cold" Southern, Ky. Looks like 13 degrees here on the warm side of the lake this morning. That
is enough to give a fellow the shivers when going outside. A good day to
work on loading rounds for the May 07 Prairie Dog Safari. ;) Looks like "Tha
Rooster" is in a hurry to get to work this morning. Laid on the roost too long I guess. ;) Hope each of you has a great day today. God bless.

Don M.

·
Premium Member
8,904 Posts
"COYOTES" by JR, KY. I am reading the book!!!!

Other than 15 minutes of range time Saturday morning, its been more than a week since any range time. DT's have set in. Got to get there as soon as the temp. rises enough. Planning on some 400 yd. egg for lunch. If I can get up enough energy I want to set up on the hill above my cows and watch for coyotes. Junebug spotted one in them Wednesday at dusk. The temp in so cold they will be scavaging for food this morning. 9 degrees out there right now as the eastern sky begins to light up. Well, better go. Got to be setup before sunup. I read the book by Jr. of Ky.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Shazzam podna, it's a lot colder up the highway than it is here in the hollow.
My thermometer says it's about 15° here. Go get them yotes.

Rick

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Congratulations, Art! You are now an experienced computer maintenance technician. Now, here's some follow-up that'll make you feel even better. Call around to some local places that fix computers, tell them a fan has died in your computer and ask how much it will cost to get it fixed if you bring it in to them. You'll really feel good when you hear what you probably saved. You might luck up on an honest shop where it wouldn't be too much, but I doubt it. Most are probably gonna say $50-$75 at the minimum. Way to go!

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Good morning, gang. Well, I hate Monday mornings just about worse than anything, but at least we had a good weekend, with the Cards beating Syracuse and the Wildcats putting a second-half whupping on the Vols. That does make Monday morning a little more tolerable. :D

Good luck to Birdog this morning. We want a report later.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
...That does make Monday morning a little more tolerable. :D
Now if only we could do something to may U a little more tollerable:eek: :D

Jesss pullin yer tail, ol buddy!;)

P.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.